ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers are 1.5 dogs on the road over the Hoosiers

The team that Cip had when Stu Lantz was a senior was at or near the top of the best Husker bball team. But they had to play second fiddle to an excellent Kansas team that year.
In 68 there were only 23 teams that made the NCAA tournament.
in 73 it went to 25 teams..
in 1975 it went to 32 teams.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
I realize that there ARE a few of you older than me but my love affair with Husker hoops has given me some long term perspective(not expertise, mind you)...and I love the feeling of excitement over being relevant again...I LOVED the video where Tim and his boys went nuts on Selection Sunday...could someone post it please?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I realize that there ARE a few of you older than me but my love affair with Husker hoops has given me some long term perspective(not expertise, mind you)...and I love the feeling of excitement over being relevant again...I LOVED the video where Tim and his boys went nuts on Selection Sunday...could someone post it please?

Here's a fun article detailing how much of a shithead Hess was: https://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/2015/01/acc_basketball_referee_karl_he.html

I forgot that he ejected Pitino from an Elite 8 game in 2012 for basically the same thing as Miles, being out of the coaching box. Sometimes I think Nebraska really is cursed, like how did we finally make the tourney after 16 years and then get this guy assigned to our game?

Yeah, we got bent over by the worst ref in basketball, Karl Hess. He was a vindictive prick that had countless examples of letting his temper affect game outcomes, until the ACC finally fired him in 2015. One year too late to help Miles.
I remember when Karl Hess's son pitched in the College World Series. I kept hoping the son would get beat like a drum. The kid might have been the greatest guy in the world, but King Karl was such an asshole I couldn't help but root against him.

Reactions: mgbreis
Great win last night. I unfortunately missed it, but I was getting updates on my phone. I was playing Bingo at the club. I think the fix was in. Some little SOB 2nd or 3rd grader won 2 out of the 5 games. He went home with $482. I was going to mug him on the way to the men's room, but his mom was with him.

Great win last night. I unfortunately missed it, but I was getting updates on my phone. I was playing Bingo at the club. I think the fix was in. Some little SOB 2nd or 3rd grader won 2 out of the 5 games. He went home with $482. I was going to mug him on the way to the men's room, but his mom was with him.
Was his last name Hess? Winking

I was laying in bed in a condo in Naples FL getting updates on my phone. The place didn’t get BTN and there was something wrong with the cell service so I couldn’t stream the radio call. Hindsight maybe I could have figured out how to kid on to their WiFi network. Not sure if that was available or not. I about had a heart attack when it got down to a 3 pt lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT