ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers are 1.5 dogs on the road over the Hoosiers

2nd half 7 vs 1 allowed them to close to single digits then they decided to bogusly even it up allowed us to stretch back the lead to 10
I truly believe officials sometimes want to watch a closer game so they call it to let the team get closer than go the other way and the game ends up 15

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Not sure about a couple of teams but the one with the Polish rifle and winning the Big 8 tournament and was seeded 3rd is the one I’m thinking of..
Those were two different teams. The 1991 team that earned a #3 seed finished runner-up in the Big 8 tourney. Piatkowski was a bench player on that team. I believe the team he led to the conference tournament title got hosed in the seeding and ended up a #6, and had to go to Long Island for the regional. I'm still pissed about it!

I agree. It was comical watching their guy shuffle his feet 2-3 times and then do a Euro step on top of it with no call. One time he took 3 steps after a foul on the floor and they called continuation. Officiating is just bad all around these days and these refs seem to have some sort of Napoleon complex. As fans, we are always going to hate on officials, but right now is just awful.

I agree. It was comical watching their guy shuffle his feet 2-3 times and then do a Euro step on top of it with no call. One time he took 3 steps after a foul on the floor and they called continuation. Officiating is just bad all around these days and these refs seem to have some sort of Napoleon complex. As fans, we are always going to hate on officials, but right now is just awful.
Nebraska = 16-1 @ Home
Nebraska = 2-7 on the Road

That isn't a crowd noise discrepancy

It’s usually a shooting percentage discrepancy by the Huskers. Definitely not just a foul discrepancy.
Just look at the Minnesota game they went ice cold in the second half and blew a double digit lead and lost I think Iowa game was similar plus turnovers

Just look at the Minnesota game they went ice cold in the second half and blew a double digit lead and lost I think Iowa game was similar plus turnovers
Which was ironic that the same thing happened to us in Minneapolis except it seemed to me the Gophers just wanted it more in the second half..

Really encouraging to see the Huskers - especially Williams and Lawrence - step up when Indiana made that second-half run.

The first half was fun to watch, but Indiana looked disinterested and half-asleep. Was really great to see NU step on gas pedal when the game got tight.

They're all gonna be tough. I've been Mr. Positivity all season compared to most, but I have to admit I'm not going to breathe until the regular season ends and we haven't stubbed our toe in an unexpected way. Losing at home would SUCK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT