ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers find themselves as 5.5 dogs at NW tonight

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Another opportunity to notch a road win in conference. FH won his first game against NW at home back in January.

Wildcats are unbeaten at home in conference play with a wins over Purdue and OVT win against Illinois.
NW seats 6-5 and tied in 4th with Minnesota..Huskers are 6-6..

Yep big quad 1 opportunity tonight. Hopefully kstate can pull off a another upset and get back to a quad 1 win for us

Reactions: leodisflowers
Hope they pull it off but feeling a big let down. Tournament eligibility will probably go down to the last game.

Hope they pull it off but feeling a big let down. Tournament eligibility will probably go down to the last game.
My sense is that if NU finds two road wins and holds up at home to go 12-8 in conference, they are in no matter what happens in the B1G tournament.

If they win 1 road game, they may need 1 conference tourney win; if they end up 10-10, they may need two conference tournament wins.

I have done no particular analysis to support my opinion.

I don't know what's going to happen tonight but I have this sick feeling that this season is going to grind down to the very end and we'll all be sitting on pins and needles on selection Sunday. Argh. Go Skers!

I don't know what's going to happen tonight but I have this sick feeling that this season is going to grind down to the very end and we'll all be sitting on pins and needles on selection Sunday. Argh. Go Skers!

Meh...

I think Nebraska finishes 6-2 or 7-1 and cruises into the tournament without much stress. This is a good team. If they remain healthy, they will find themselves in the Big Dance without any significant concern.

Nah. Nebraska isn’t even considered on the bubble right now. This is a bigger game for NW imo. If Nebraska takes care of business at home against all the scrubs they have coming up, and can win a game on the road then they’ll be a 7 or 8 seed.

If we drop a game or two at home to quad 3 teams, and go winless on the road then yeah.. selection Sunday will be stressful

Nah. Nebraska isn’t even considered on the bubble right now. This is a bigger game for NW imo. If Nebraska takes care of business at home against all the scrubs they have coming up, and can win a game on the road then they’ll be a 7 or 8 seed.

If we drop a game or two at home to quad 3 teams, and go winless on the road then yeah.. selection Sunday will be stressful
Yep, just as importantly to beating Minnesota and Rutgers at home and not drop one to either of them..

Meh...

I think Nebraska finishes 6-2 or 7-1 and cruises into the tournament without much stress. This is a good team. If they remain healthy, they will find themselves in the Big Dance without any significant concern.
I certainly hope you are correct, but terms like "cruise" and "without much stress" seem like a foreign concepts given the recent history of our men's athletic program.

Yep, just as importantly to beating Minnesota and Rutgers at home and not drop one to either of them..
I am more worried about losing to Michigan Home or Away... they suck this year, and Nebraska seems to not be as motivated against teams they "Should" beat. I really want this one to give me some peace of mind

That would be the case if I was fully invested in Nebraska athletics at this point. I cheer them on but for me....I haven't experienced anything gut wrenching for years. Doesn't stop me from yelling at the TV, but the Huskers not making the NCAA for the umpteenth year in a row is not going to break me.

Boo Buie is the X factor tonight for the Huskers. I think we can match-up fairly well against their bigs, or at least play it to a draw. Do we have anyone that can handle Buie? At the very least, Ninja and Wilcher combined need to outdo Buie. If we play defense like we can, I think we can get that elusive road win tonight.

Meh...

There is a little corner of my brain that believes exactly this. It wants to get out in the open, but is currently blocked by the part of my brain that has watched NU hoops for decades.

Reactions: V-Doub
That would be the case if I was fully invested in Nebraska athletics at this point. I cheer them on but for me....I haven't experienced anything gut wrenching for years. Doesn't stop me from yelling at the TV, but the Huskers not making the NCAA for the umpteenth year in a row is not going to break me.
Who said it would break them? I know you wear your Husker apathy badge with honor and like to tell us about it repeatedly… but please don’t watch if the Huskers make the tourney. That would be the non-flaky thing to do.

Reactions: cavalot
After their hustle the other night I might buy NIT tickets for our home games. This team plays hard.

The only problem I have with not getting a road win down the stretch, is that the tourney game will obviously be on the road and we'll have little to no confidence if we can't prove it to ourselves

Kind of like being 5-3 with 4 winnable games left, only to lose all 4 in games we could have won all of them.
Regardless of that still comes down to finishing strong committee rewards teams for finishing strong than some wins in January..

Trust me Minnesota will be a bigger win at home than that loss in December in Minneapolis..

Reactions: mgbreis
Looks like Nebraska broke Wisconsin. Also looks like we all better get the fox sports app fired up.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Boo Buie is the X factor tonight for the Huskers. I think we can match-up fairly well against their bigs, or at least play it to a draw. Do we have anyone that can handle Buie? At the very least, Ninja and Wilcher combined need to outdo Buie. If we play defense like we can, I think we can get that elusive road win tonight.
Lawrence did a really good job on Buie in Lincoln. But Lawrence doesn’t play a ton of minutes, so someone else needs to step up. Hoiberg can probably harass Buie in short stints.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Meh...

Totally agree, but I think we get boat raced tonight.

Reactions: Cornicator
I am more worried about losing to Michigan Home or Away... they suck this year, and Nebraska seems to not be as motivated against teams they "Should" beat. I really want this one to give me some peace of mind
Like I said... I am more worried about Michigan 8-15 and knocked off Wisconsin

Fred probably looking for more offense. But this lineup’s perimeter D has me a bit concerned.
Sleep walking to start the game. Still aren’t great at boxing out on D. Dumb over and back turnover 😕

It's infuriating when Nebraska gets a 3 and the NW comes down and does the same. Lose all momentum. Get and and 1 then give one up right back

Keep up the paint points. Mast hit some of those baby hooks. Make a few more threes. We’re good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT