ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers are 8 point favorites at home against Rutgers

I don't think it happens but Losing the next 2 games and being left out of the tournament would be something that would only happen to NU.
LOL - you and me both. I THINK we are a lock, but there is a doomsday scenario where NU loses the next two, one of which could be a Quad 3 loss, and all of a sudden we’re sweating out the weekend watching other bubble teams playing their way in while NU sits helplessly on the sidelines.

Reactions: salsa red
LOL - you and me both. I THINK we are a lock, but there is a doomsday scenario where NU loses the next two, one of which could be a Quad 3 loss, and all of a sudden we’re sweating out the weekend watching other bubble teams playing their way in while NU sits helplessly on the sidelines.

If we lose the next two, they will probably send us to Dayton for the First Four, but I still think we're in. Let's hope we don't have to worry about that.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This team has no business losing to the cheaters. They best be fired up and flying around. If they are flat and lose the game, that is a bad sign.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Jerry Palm still has us on the bubble. Looks like the non-conf SOS and total SOS are the main factors in play there

It's hard to look at any of the various rating systems (NET, KenPom, KPI) and think we're still on the bubble right now. But then again, a team like Colorado is ahead of us in all these rating systems, even though they haven't beaten anyone good and they've lost to some bad teams.

It's hard to look at any of the various rating systems (NET, KenPom, KPI) and think we're still on the bubble right now. But then again, a team like Colorado is ahead of us in all these rating systems, even though they haven't beaten anyone good and they've lost to some bad teams.
Nebraska is ranked ahead of Colorado and Michigan State in every ranking outside of the Dumb Ass NET

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Nebraska is ranked ahead of Colorado and Michigan State in every ranking outside of the Dumb Ass NET
Colorado is also ahead of Nebraska in KenPom (29 for CU vs. 34 for NU). But I don't think Colorado gets in the tourney unless they sweep their Oregon/Oregon State road trip this week. Even then, they probably still need one win in the PAC-12 tournament.

I missed much of the game yesterday, due to volunteering to help with the local youth BB tournament, and only caught a good portion of the second half. I didn't recall seeing Jarmarques Lawrence playing at all but saw he had about 10 minutes of PT for the game. Seemed like Hoiberg got most of his minutes. He has been hot from 3-point line so kind of expected to see him more. Did he get hurt or something?

This was a game in the past they screw up and lose. They certainly tried at times.

Now they have to beat MI.
Man that's the truth. I had a bad feeling for awhile. Hoiberg gets good looks, just can't hit. Maybe that's why he's getting good looks 🤔

I missed much of the game yesterday, due to volunteering to help with the local youth BB tournament, and only caught a good portion of the second half. I didn't recall seeing Jarmarques Lawrence playing at all but saw he had about 10 minutes of PT for the game. Seemed like Hoiberg got most of his minutes. He has been hot from 3-point line so kind of expected to see him more. Did he get hurt or something?
Lawrence knocked down another three yesterday (was 1 of 2), but he had a few turnovers and I think that had a lot to do with his limited playing time in the second half.

huskers taking on an "america's team" glow of late. good for "the mayor." compare "clean fred" to the scumbags that frolic in this game: self, cal, pearl, and so on.

Unfortunately, Fred used to employ one of those scumbags in Matt Abdelmassih. Glad he got rid of him. Of course Pitino hired him at St. John's :rolleyes:. I am glad Fred is now winning with a high-character staff and group of players.

Reactions: brnred and OzzyLvr
Lawrence knocked down another three yesterday (was 1 of 2), but he had a few turnovers and I think that had a lot to do with his limited playing time in the second half.

Plus, we were ahead double digits basically the entire game so it makes some sense to roll with your best defensive guy.

Unfortunately, Fred used to employ one of those scumbags in Matt Abdelmassih. Glad he got rid of him. Of course Pitino hired him at St. John's :rolleyes:. I am glad Fred is now winning with a high-character staff and group of players.
Well one scumbag hiring another.

Plus, we were ahead double digits basically the entire game so it makes some sense to roll with your best defensive guy.
I would argue that Lawrence is NU's best defensive guy, and that it isn't really even close.

But Fred couldn't really pull Tominaga because he was the only source of offense in the second half. And Lawrence had seemed a bit rattled by Rutgers' defense. So he rode the lineup that seemed to be working, and that makes sense. The last couple of minutes were butt-ugly offensively, but the game was more or less over by then.

I remember the old RPI formula being a pile of trash, the NET doesn’t seem much better. Theres teams not playing moving up multiple spots while other teams win and stay or even drop in some cases, what is this awful formula

I remember the old RPI formula being a pile of trash, the NET doesn’t seem much better. Theres teams not playing moving up multiple spots while other teams win and stay or even drop in some cases, what is this awful formula
Screenshot_20240304_105817_Chrome.jpg

This is why I do not like the NET... and why I think the talking heads are idiot sticks

The NET appears to heavily reward teams for playing and beating good teams away from home, which probably explains why we are ranked lower in the NET compared to other ranking systems.

I would argue that Lawrence is NU's best defensive guy, and that it isn't really even close.

But Fred couldn't really pull Tominaga because he was the only source of offense in the second half. And Lawrence had seemed a bit rattled by Rutgers' defense. So he rode the lineup that seemed to be working, and that makes sense. The last couple of minutes were butt-ugly offensively, but the game was more or less over by then.

Seems like Sam is usually guarding the other team's best guard whenever he is in there, but him and JL aren't out there a ton together.

Reactions: king_kong_
I'm not a "the refs were trying to screw us" guy but yesterday was some questionable shitt. I can't count how many times I saw a Rutgers player literally push a Nebraska player with the ball and nothing would get called. Many times this was right in front of the ref. Several times Rutgers went over the back and nothing was called. The Big 10 won't do anything about it - so we can figure more of the same in the Big 10 tourney.

I'm not a "the refs were trying to screw us" guy but yesterday was some questionable shitt. I can't count how many times I saw a Rutgers player literally push a Nebraska player with the ball and nothing would get called. Many times this was right in front of the ref. Several times Rutgers went over the back and nothing was called. The Big 10 won't do anything about it - so we can figure more of the same in the Big 10 tourney.
The Refs literally won the game against Illinois. The foul called on CJ Wilcher with 3 seconds left was embarrassing. We went to overtime and lost, but still we should of won that game by 1 in regulation

7:10 mark... that is not a foul and the fact they called that in that moment is proof

Last edited:
Lunardi still has Wake Forest, New Mexico, and Virginia in the field. If they are in right now, then we have to be a lock, regardless of what happens. None of those three teams have a better resumé than us.

Reactions: king_kong_
Lunardi still has Wake Forest, New Mexico, and Virginia in the field. If they are in right now, then we have to be a lock, regardless of what happens. None of those three teams have a better resumé than us.

I assume our exclusion from the bubble list means he also has us solidly in the field

He has us as a 9 I believe

Yes, and even if we do lose to Michigan, it will be a Quad 2 loss so it won't hurt us that much. If we beat Michigan, they could drop into Quadrant 3 which won't really help us. So I don't think the Michigan game is that important for NCAA tournament consideration. But it is huge for Big Ten tourney seeding.

Yes, and even if we do lose to Michigan, it will be a Quad 2 loss so it won't hurt us that much. If we beat Michigan, they could drop into Quadrant 3 which won't really help us. So I don't think the Michigan game is that important for NCAA tournament consideration. But it is huge for Big Ten tourney seeding.
Agreed, I'd also much rather be the #3 seed if Northwestern could drop one for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT