ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 5 point dogs against Illinois in today’s Semifinal game

Well, this afternoon was looking pretty fantastic. Illinois has been doing nothing but driving to the hoop this second half. And they're finishing. I wish we had an answer. It's like we're trying to hard to keep up the same Pace as the other team and then not looking for the best shot.

Illinois shut our offense down cold in the second half. We got a bunch of decent players but other than Tominaga they disappeared in the second half.

Reactions: vighawk
Yep had to shoot better to beat them and the refs. We got the Ohio state treatment. Beauty is we won’t have B1G officials in the big dance . Teams like IL and PU will suffer
Have you seen teams in the Big12 like Houston and Iowa St play? They’re just as physical if not more so

Yep had to shoot better to beat them and the refs. We got the Ohio state treatment. Beauty is we won’t have B1G officials in the big dance . Teams like IL and PU will suffer
Purdue will be better without a bad whistle. The rock fights are when Purdue struggles. Purdue and Nebraska need a free flowing, up tempo game to be at their best. I think both make fun runs.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
This happened the first time we played In Minnesota this season…15 point second half lead turned into a double digit loss.

30 point second half swing by Illinois

I guess I did. I thought you were saying that physically dominant teams will suffer from tighter officiating in the dance, and I don’t think thats true, but I probably missed your point
See cubsker response. B1G favoritism leads to wins that these teams don’t enjoy in the post season… why they get bounced early

The one sided officiating is what will be different.
Good God. NU had a 15 point 2nd half lead and with 1:00+ left they were down 15. That's a 30 point swing. You can spin this anyway you want, but that's way more than officiating

This wouldn’t be so surprising if it had happened right after the break. But NU came out of the locker pretty strong, then got manhandled for about the last 16:00.

Reactions: rrdd2021 and jteten
Good God. NU had a 15 point 2nd half lead and with 1:00+ left they were down 15. That's a 30 point swing. You can spin this anyway you want, but that's way more than officiating
Sure. But that dynamic alone COMPLETELY changed the way the game was being played. They allowed Illinois to push and bully and we breath and get called for fouls

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim

I didn't say it was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT