ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 5 point dogs against Illinois in today’s Semifinal game

For bubble teams - which the Huskers should not be at this point - the conference tournaments have taken some interesting turns. Teams on the bubble should root for Colorado tonight against Oregon, as the Buffs are likely already in but Oregon could steal a bid with a win. Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama all going down in the SEC tourney also makes for some interesting scenarios.

For bubble teams - which the Huskers should not be at this point - the conference tournaments have taken some interesting turns. Teams on the bubble should root for Colorado tonight against Oregon, as the Buffs are likely already in but Oregon could steal a bid with a win. Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama all going down in the SEC tourney also makes for some interesting scenarios.
Auburn is going to win...

How much fun is this? Just enjoying the conference tournament with a bid already locked up.

It's been a great basketball season; bridging the normally painful gap between football and MLB.
Really looks like Tominaga and NU have become fan favorites in Minneapolis. Just a fun team to watch play and root for. Let's hope they can keep it rolling!! GBR!!

Lunardi at ESPN has Nebraska as a 7 seed.

Palm has us playing Florida in the South region, I want Florida to win the SEC tournament.. I want no part of playing Florida as 8 and 9 seeds.

Be fun to play the whorns and give them payback for volleyball.

How much fun is this? Just enjoying the conference tournament with a bid already locked up.

It's been a great basketball season; bridging the normally painful gap between football and MLB.

Yep. Soaking up every minute of it. Got the pleasure of hitting 6 home games this year and much of the building of this team's chemistry.

I honestly don't even care what happens today or tomorrow. Goal #1 is an NCAA tourney win right now. This is all pure and absolute spoonfuls of gravy.

Amazing to watch this team of near strangers build throughout the year into a group of guys in which everybody knows their role and everybody plays their asses off.

Gives me goosebumps thinking about the tournaments I've been too and the local crowd and other visiting teams get behind a team. Whether at a conference tourney, CWS, NCAA. One of the best things in sports. I would expect more of a crowd for today's game too, being a Saturday afternoon. This is the kind of team to get that support.

This might sound a bit harsh, but the team has to shake off that big win and put it on the back burner, nothing anyone hasn't heard before. Bring the confidence and play a steady game, limit those turnovers and mistakes and let that teamwork get the win.
Raphael David (Big Ten studio guy that has quickly become one of my favorites) pointed out that these guys all played AAU ball where they would play 10 games in a weekend...quick turn around is not a big deal.

Lunardi at ESPN has Nebraska as a 7 seed.
Finally getting some respect ..

giphy.gif

Doesn’t the Buffs have to win today in the Pac12 tournament to get in?
No, Colorado has won 8 games in a row and should be off the bubble. Strength of schedule is weak, but otherwise their metrics are very favorable.

Oregon has to win that game to get in, but Pac-12 is going to get three at-larges: Arizona, WSU and Colorado.

Lunardi has NU as a #7 seed playing....wait for it....Colorado in Charlotte in the 1st round.
That would be a solid matchup, featuring two very hot teams.

Buffs are in a strange situation due to some injuries. They really have only one guard left - KJ Simpson - who gets significant minutes. Simpson is a beast who can absolutely dominate a game, but he's playing 40 minutes every night and has to stay out of foul trouble.

Just not impressed with this Illinois team. OSU was the better team last night but Illinois got EVERY call at the end and somehow won - shouldn't have. I think Nebraska runs away with this one and actually has a decent chance of taking down Purdue,

Sure been having a high incident of clock issues in this tournament

Palm has us playing Florida in the South region, I want Florida to win the SEC tournament.. I want no part of playing Florida as 8 and 9 seeds.

Be fun to play the whorns and give them payback for volleyball.
Palms update this morning had us playing Colorado state in Brooklyn in the east

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT