ADVERTISEMENT

Gophers visit the Vault as 7 point dogs

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Another must win today to stay off the bubble and hold down the 5th seed in the B1G tournament
Minnesota is 2-5 away from home in conference play and with a win could put themselves in the bubble conversation ..

Garcia is one of the better players in the conference and when he’s on the Gophers are a tough out..

I have a lot of respect for what Minnesota has done this season. However, I think the Big Ten's uneven basketball scheduling is going to catch up with the Gophers today.

This game will mark their 4th game in 10 days. It also comes on the heels of only one rest day after an emotional Thursday night win in front of their best crowd all season.

I think Minnesota's energy fades today and Nebraska wins another double digit game.

I have a lot of respect for what Minnesota has done this season. However, I think the Big Ten's uneven basketball scheduling is going to catch up with the Gophers today.

This game will mark their 4th game in 10 days. It also comes on the heels of only one rest day after an emotional Thursday night win in front of their best crowd all season.

I think Minnesota's energy fades today and Nebraska wins another double digit game.
This would be the perfect scenario

Reactions: HuskAir

If we get the balance scoring again like on Wednesday we should win comfortably, but Minnesota been playing well lately and blew a lead against Ioway on the road and gave Purdue all they could handle in West Lafayette..

Need to get Mast going today. He seems to play much better at home, so hopefully he goes off today (scoring, rebounding, assists - or a combination of those 3 areas). Would also like to see Wilcher return to form. He hasn’t played very well since B1G announcers more or less crowned him 6th Man of the Year.

We have to neutralize their front line players. Garcia, Payne and Fox cause us some matchup challenges. Gary could be the X factor for us today. Both teams need this game.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Not gonna lie, this one really worries me. It always feels like Minny is a thorn in our ass one way or another, let's not have a letdown today!

Reactions: HuskAir
This one worries me too cuz Garcia an Payne have been playing well. So has their guard (his name escapes me). I really would like to see some revenge enacted as our guys let one get away the first time. To me, we’re now playing for NCAA seeding.

Reactions: scarletred
This has all of the makings of a classic Nebrasketball Letdown Game, coming off a nice road win and a 3-game winning streak. Hope I am wrong.

Reactions: king_kong_
CJ's brother Simeon Wilcher having a nice game for St. John's against Creighton. Hadn't been getting many minutes but looks good today.

Just turned that on. Jays getting thumped
Johnnies are the kind of team that gives Creighton problems. They have athletic, physical guards who are absolutely having their way with Ashworth and Sheiermann. Alexander had a strong first half but he can't carry the entire load while those guys cry for calls.

Reactions: huskerfan66
CJ's brother Simeon Wilcher having a nice game for St. John's against Creighton. Hadn't been getting many minutes but looks good today.

So… sorta off topic. Did anyone else see that bizarre fnbo Creighton commercial? The one where they only show the butts of all the Creighton players? Fvcking weird…

• Wow
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Ashworth has done so much flopping today it's like he's auditioning for a spot at Purdue or Wisconsin.

Fox is a spaz. When he drives toward the rim he looks drunk.

Not calling fouls; calling every travel. Gotcha. Gotta love the B1G refs, I think they have a real sense of humor.

Really good perimeter D so far. Gophers’ guards are pretty good, and they’re getting no space.

Reactions: headcard
It’s good to see us active on the offensive boards.

Omg Allick 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m still not sure what he adds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT