ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers visit the Buckeyes as 3 point dogs..

How do you think we’re getting the benefit of the calls?
There was lots of contact, over the back I saw us get away with in the first half. Possible missed travel on Lawrence. I haven’t seen a ton of contact on our shooters that hasn’t been called. We’re barely ever drawing any because we launch so many 3’s. Okparam just as I type this got fouled - no call. Huskers in this game have no one to blame if they lose and you know I’m the first to call out shitty refs.

Of course the beneficiaries of officiating is not always a constant thing throughout a game, so it could definitely change in these last 5 minutes.

There was lots of contact, over the back I saw us get away with in the first half. Possible missed travel on Lawrence. I haven’t seen a ton of contact on our shooters that hasn’t been called. We’re barely ever drawing any because we launch so many 3’s. Okparam just as I type this got fouled - no call. Huskers in this game have no one to blame if they lose and you know I’m the first to call out shitty refs.

Of course the beneficiaries of officiating is not always a constant thing throughout a game, so it could definitely change in these last 5 minutes.
We have way more points in the paint bro. Osu is definitely getting the calls this game and stats prove it .

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
This team just doesn’t play clean enough basketball to win road games vs good teams. Lots of bad fouls and poor decisions. This one is over.

Goddammit! Down 10 w 90 seconds left & JaMarcus lumbers slowly up the court with the ball? Redic.

24- 8 free throw attempts now. Tough to beat osu and refs tonight
roadhouse.gif

Thanks captain obvious. When we drive and draw contact we don’t get the calls. They do. Also tons of missed travels at pivotal times
If it’s obvious, then why quote it? Nebraska couldn’t rebound. Ohio state owned them down low. Nebraska fouled when they got out rebounded. A lot. Can’t get beat on the glass and shoot poorly and hope to win on the road. Quit blaming the officials for Nebraska once again laying an egg on the road.

If it’s obvious, then why quote it? Nebraska couldn’t rebound. Ohio state owned them down low. Nebraska fouled when they got out rebounded. A lot. Can’t get beat on the glass and shoot poorly and hope to win on the road. Quit blaming the officials for Nebraska once again laying an egg on the road.
Offensive boards:
Osu - 9
NU -8

Free throw attempts:
Osu - 28
NU - 8

Solid logic per usual there shiney.

Not a shocker, but disappointing. I felt like Mast and Lawrence were hot and instead of building on that, NU went hero ball with Tominaga and Gary. Need to shake this one off and get back on track.

Not a shocker, but disappointing. I felt like Mast and Lawrence were hot and instead of building on that, NU went hero ball with Tominaga and Gary. Need to shake this one off and get back on track.
Mast was 5-14 on field goals. 2-4 from 3. That makes him 3-11 on 2 pointers. Need him to be better than that.

Also give them credit they were great from the FT line. 24-28.

Reactions: king_kong_
24- 8 free throw attempts now. Tough to beat osu and refs tonight
We attempted 12 more 3’s than they did and made 2 more.. They attempted 21 more free throws than us and if you divide that into possessions that’s 12 more possessions where we weren’t going to be fouled and only 10.5 more possessions where they got fouled.

When you don’t have any shot blockers inside, you’re going to foul inside scoring teams more often.

Do any of you dorks bother to look up stats:

Points in paint:
NU - 28
OSU - 22
Now add all the free throws to that stat for when we fouled them in the paint. When we got beat, we fouled and didn’t give up the points in the paint. It’s like you’re incapable of putting together an advanced thought. Ohio states points in the paint came at the free throw line because we fouled instead of give up a layup. Get it now?

Mast was 5-14 on field goals. 2-4 from 3. That makes him 3-11 on 2 pointers. Need him to be better than that.

Also give them credit they were great from the FT line. 24-28.
Yeah Mast was AWOL early but he finally got a little something going early in the second half.

Now add all the free throws to that stat for when we fouled them in the paint. When we got beat, we fouled and didn’t give up the points in the paint. It’s like you’re incapable of putting together an advanced thought. Ohio states points in the paint came at the free throw line because we fouled instead of give up a layup. Get it now?
Precisely.

I thought the officiating was pretty even-handed for the most part, but Brice Williams got a couple cheapies. Refs also had absolutely zero interest in calling moving screens on either team, and OSU took much better advantage.

Total rebounds

Ohio state 43
Nebraska 33

Way to cherry pick stats to fit your agenda
Wait, so Nebraska fouled because of defensive rebounds ? Your comment made it sound like offensive boards were the reason (which would make sense). I didn’t see many fouls by Nebraska because they were too aggressive going for offensive boards

Your argument about rebounds is really stupid and you should feel bad for making it.

Typically a team that causes a lot of turnovers (osu had 13) will get more fouls their way, but not tonight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT