ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers are 8 point favorites at home against Rutgers

Gonna go unbeaten at home in conference. Roster still kinda feels like island of misfit toys. Very impressive feat. Would think 10 seed in tourney at the worst even at 0-2 finish

Reactions: king_kong_
Gonna go unbeaten at home in conference. Roster still kinda feels like island of misfit toys. Very impressive feat. Would think 10 seed in tourney at the worst even at 0-2 finish

Last edited:
The guys on the radio broadcast were hammering the team on careless turnovers through the halftime segment.
The carelessness of some of the passes would drive a coach nuts. If they would improve the fundamentals of that area it would give this team a chance to achieve some things that most people didn't think would be possible.

These buttholes on the B1G network act like it’s not a lock

I think we're a lock. However, if we lose to Michigan and lose the first one in the Big Ten tournament, we could end up in the play-in game.

I just can't seen an 11-win Big Ten team with 4 Quad 1 wins, and 3 Quad 2 wins, being left out. Especially since it's a pretty weak bubble this year. Virginia, Wake Forest, New Mexico, FAU, Colorado, Utah - these teams do not have better resumés than we do.,

Craziest thing is that I learned how to correctly spell Kevin McHale’s name tonight. For some reason I always thought there was a K in his last name? Weird…

FYI Michigan has lost 7 in a row and 12 of their last 13. I know we are terrible on the road, but we should much more motivated to win that game.

I agree with John Beilein - would prefer to play Thursday rather than sit. But, you obviously don’t want to lose to Michigan when they’re having an awful season. Huskers need another road win to solid their tourney resume.
I get what Beilein is saying - get a win and be ‘game ready’ on Friday for a 4/5 matchup. However, there is no guarantee NU will win a Thursday game. They’d be away from home against a team with nothing to lose and everything to gain that most likely would already have beaten NU this season.

Best case scenario is obviously to work up to the #3 seed. Winning Sunday and staying at #4 works too. The 4/5 game on Friday is gonna be tough no matter who we play - unless we luck out and face a team playing their 3 game in 3 days.

I get what Beilein is saying - get a win and be ‘game ready’ on Friday for a 4/5 matchup. However, there is no guarantee NU will win a Thursday game. They’d be away from home against a team with nothing to lose and everything to gain that most likely would already have beaten NU this season.

Best case scenario is obviously to work up to the #3 seed. Winning Sunday and staying at #4 works too. The 4/5 game on Friday is gonna be tough no matter who we play - unless we luck out and face a team playing their 3 game in 3 days.
Yes there are plenty of good reasons to pull for a win on Sunday, and absolutely don't want lost to Michigan. I just don't care that much about the double bye.

Doesn't the double bye ensure we can't add a bad loss to the resume? So basically only upside with the double bye? A "good loss" doesn't necessarily hurt us?

Yes there are plenty of good reasons to pull for a win on Sunday, and absolutely don't want lost to Michigan. I just don't care that much about the double bye.
I don't think it happens but Losing the next 2 games and being left out of the tournament would be something that would only happen to NU.

Doesn't the double bye ensure we can't add a bad loss to the resume? So basically only upside with the double bye? A "good loss" doesn't necessarily hurt us?
I don't see how it ensures that. If we are concerned about losing on Thursday as the #5 seed, couldn't that same opponent win on Thursday and beat NU on Friday?

Again, I definitely want to beat Michigan and get the highest seed possible. I just think the so-called advantage of the double bye is way overblown.

I agree with John Beilein - would prefer to play Thursday rather than sit. But, you obviously don’t want to lose to Michigan when they’re having an awful season. Huskers need another road win to solid their tourney resume.
On the other hand a bad Michigan loss could hurt our seeding in the NCAA dance..
As of now, if we were 5th seed we play the winner of the Maryland Rutgers’ game.

Rather want to avoid that scenario all together.

Reactions: V-Doub
I don't see how it ensures that. If we are concerned about losing on Thursday as the #5 seed, couldn't that same opponent win on Thursday and beat NU on Friday?

Again, I definitely want to beat Michigan and get the highest seed possible. I just think the so-called advantage of the double bye is way overblown.
It’s a huge advantage if we want to win the whole thing, but I know that’s probably a bit wishful thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT