ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota is hammering Indiana

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
26 point lead 2/3 of the way through the 2nd half. Home teams win >60% of their games in the B1G.

I remember when our win at Indiana was a hailed as a signature win for Coach Miles.

When this game ends Indiana will be 1-10 since Jan. 3. Other than making Michigan State miss a bunch of free throws, they've done absolutely nothing at home or on the road in six weeks.

Man this is exciting. I know its hyping me up for some #Nebrasketball tonight BABY YEAH!
Who's with me?!
This is a game the Huskers should win. And based on the fact that some bracketologists still have an absolutely putrid Indiana team in either their Last Four In or First Four Out, it's not impossible for Nebraska to get back into the field. That seems hard to believe given their play over the past month or so, but it's true.

Gophers have been a real tough out at home only Maryland has beaten them there..

Actually Wisconsin won at Minneapolis as well, and the Gophers won in Madison.

Both road teams won. Then pigs flew and men from Mars landed.

Your right forgot about that and that was about week ago.:rolleyes:

This is a game the Huskers should win. And based on the fact that some bracketologists still have an absolutely putrid Indiana team in either their Last Four In or First Four Out, it's not impossible for Nebraska to get back into the field. That seems hard to believe given their play over the past month or so, but it's true.
Indiana started the year very well and with their tradition the media loves it when they're good. NU still has a shot. A very thin shot that would take an improbable run. Yeah we beat Minnesota...by one .... at home....on an iffy last second call. A W is a W but I'm not sure that signaled any turn around.

Indiana started the year very well and with their tradition the media loves it when they're good. NU still has a shot. A very thin shot that would take an improbable run. Yeah we beat Minnesota...by one .... at home....on an iffy last second call. A W is a W but I'm not sure that signaled any turn around.
I get that Indiana has an early win over Marquette and a win at Michigan State. But they are now 4-10 in conference play, 13-12 overall and have lost 10 of their last 11. What exactly to they have to do to play their way out of the NCAA field?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I remember when our win at Indiana was a hailed as a signature win for Coach Miles.
For those folks hailing Danny Manning as the savior of NU basketball, his Wake team got beat by 38 today and stand at 9-15. Frank Martin's South Carolina team's record is at 13-12. They are 8-4 in the SEC but the SEC IMO isn't as strong top to bottom as the B1G.

I get that Indiana has an early win over Marquette and a win at Michigan State. But they are now 4-10 in conference play, 13-12 overall and have lost 10 of their last 11. What exactly to they have to do to play their way out of the NCAA field?
Change their name to Nebraska ought to do it. I don't know what their net rating is but they'll drop after this last loss.

Reactions: schuele
Change their name to Nebraska ought to do it. I don't know what their net rating is but they'll drop after this last loss.
Indiana's NET ranking is 51, vs. 38 for Nebraska.

Husker are also ahead of Ohio State (44) and Minnesota (58).

Rutgers is leading Iowa by one point at the half, proving once and for all that I was right all along about... something.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
1. Rutgers coach would be a great fit at NU.
2. There is more going on at Indiana right now...there has to be.

For those folks hailing Danny Manning as the savior of NU basketball, his Wake team got beat by 38 today and stand at 9-15. Frank Martin's South Carolina team's record is at 13-12. They are 8-4 in the SEC but the SEC IMO isn't as strong top to bottom as the B1G.

Manning is horrible

Who was hailing Danny Manning as savior of the NU program?
His name came up a couple of weeks ago. They were basing it on what he did at his last stop. Savior may have been a strong representation of what they said. IMO, he wouldn't be an upgrade. Severe has touted Frank Martin multiple times on the radio.

Frank Martin would be a massive upgrade. He took a school with zero basketball tradition to a Final Four. He took K-State to an Elite 8. Miles and Manning aren't in the same league as Martin.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Frank Martin would be a massive upgrade. He took a school with zero basketball tradition to a Final Four. He took K-State to an Elite 8. Miles and Manning aren't in the same league as Martin.
Have you ever heard the old disclaimer for investments? You know when they say, "past performance is not guarantee of future returns"? Martin is setting the world on fire this year. I don't think he would come to NU anyway. I liked the guy when he was at KSU. Good coach. Probably not worth the 4M number I've heard thrown around and that's probably what it would take to get him.

Wow, Iowa just banked in a corner three at the buzzer to beat Rutgers.
A kid from ISU banked in a 3 from 40' on the wing today but he called "BANK" as it was leaving his hands. The announcers had a good laugh over that.

Has Frank (#**#($ing Martin cleaned-up his #*$@ing swearing? Or does that #*$(ing #U$er still #$*(@#)ing swear all the #$()ing time? He is a good @#)$(ing coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: schuele
I doubt anyone mentioned Danny Manning seriously. He has had one winning season in 5 years at Wake. Mike Riley did better than that coaching at OSU. And I doubt people were clamoring for him based off of one good year at Tulsa.

Manning was a great assistant coach. He was really good at developing the bigs inside. He hasn’t shown it as a HC though

While I don't want any part of Danny Manning, Wake Forest is a tough job in a brutal conference. As years go by, Dave Odom looks more and more like a miracle worker for what he accomplished at Wake.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Have you ever heard the old disclaimer for investments? You know when they say, "past performance is not guarantee of future returns"? Martin is setting the world on fire this year. I don't think he would come to NU anyway. I liked the guy when he was at KSU. Good coach. Probably not worth the 4M number I've heard thrown around and that's probably what it would take to get him.

North of $4 million/year would put us in Top 5 highest paid coaches in the country. I agree I don't think Martin is worth that much.

If Moos is willing to pay that much, I would try for Buzz Williams, Mick Cronin, or Chris Beard. Though I'm not sure any amount of money would convince them to come here.

Some of these Big Ten games are brutal to watch. I can appreciate great defense, but I feel like there's also a lot ineptitude on the offensive end. THE Ohio State University just scored 2 points in the final 7:40 against Michigan State - both on free throws. Buckeyes scored 6 points in the final 13:30. Yeesh.

Last edited:
While I don't want any part of Danny Manning, Wake Forest is a tough job in a brutal conference. As years go by, Dave Odom looks more and more like a miracle worker for what he accomplished at Wake.

Skip Prosser had no problems winning at Wake.

Skip Prosser had no problems winning at Wake.
Early on Prosser did well there, but his last two teams finished 12th and 10th in the ACC and were below .500 overall. He was certainly better than anyone they've had since, however.

Early on Prosser did well there, but his last two teams finished 12th and 10th in the ACC and were below .500 overall. He was certainly better than anyone they've had since, however.

The guy was 126-67 at Wake I believe. The point is you don't need a miracle worker at Wake to win, just a good coach, something Manning is light years from being.

The guy was 126-67 at Wake I believe. The point is you don't need a miracle worker at Wake to win, just a good coach, something Manning is light years from being.
I agree with you about Manning. It's kind of amusing to see an ACC school hire a guy based on one halfway decent season at Tulsa. But someone must have gotten a bad case of OMG OMG OMG it's Danny Manning!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT