ADVERTISEMENT

New B1G basketball tournament 2024-2025 and Regular season changes.

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
The B1G announced that next year only 15 of the 18 teams will qualify for the basketball tournament..

Still remains 5 day the top 4 teams get double byes, on Wednesday there will be 3 games on, 8th and 9th seed start play on Thursday..
Be similar to the ACC tournament…

Really hate the idea of the bottom three not playing in the tournament, but that’s what happens when a conference is expanded with too many teams..

Men will play regular season 20 games
Women will play 18 games.

Will play 2 teams home and away according to geographical locations, single play home/away locations will rotate annually..

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
I hate unbalanced schedules. I'd rather play everyone once alternating home/away each year and then you play your designated rival twice.

I hate unbalanced schedules. I'd rather play everyone once alternating home/away each year and then you play your designated rival twice.
That’s what their planning on doing with locations ..16 games and then play two teams similar geographical location home/away..

More likely be playing Ioway and Minnesota home/away every year but Wisconsin could also have Ioway and Minnesota so we could be playing someone like NW or Illinois or Ioway could be playing Nebraska and NW..🤷🏻‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT