ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers travel to Champaign as 9.5 underdog

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
14th rank Illinois seats 7-3 in conference play and has won four of their last 5 games.
Realistically the Illini are the 3rd best team in the B1G.

Don’t feel real good about tonight’s game and hoping we play better on the road and don’t get blown out again..

14th rank Illinois seats 7-3 in conference play and has won four of their last 5 games.
Realistically the Illini are the 3rd best team in the B1G.

Don’t feel real good about tonight’s game and hoping we play better on the road and don’t get blown out again..

This is a big line today. Not sure what I want to wager yet.

Illinois has only lost to Marquette and Maryland at home. Indiana and Michigan St played them tough but lost. Nebraska can too but I don’t see good things happening.

I don't envy the officiating crew who was assigned this entitled crybaby flopfest between Wisconsin and Purdue. Braden Smith just went down like he was shot by sniper, got the benefit of an and-one call, and still blubbered to the official afterward.

I don't envy the officiating crew who was assigned this entitled crybaby flopfest between Wisconsin and Purdue. Braden Smith just went down like he was shot by sniper, got the benefit of an and-one call, and still blubbered to the official afterward.
Damn near have to tackle Purdue players to get a foul..

It's a "Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain" game tonight.

Go out, play hard, have fun and see what happens. I'll be happy if NU is simply competitive.

Yup, gotta play loose and let it fly. Come out swinging and see what happens. No reason to play tight when nobody expects you to win. Play hard for 40 minutes and see what happens…

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Need Keisei to have o e of those games. I’d love to see Mast have a big game on the road as well. GBR!

Yup, if we can get a bounce back performance out of Keisei, one of those games where he just goes off in 2nd half. Then have any one of Mast, Williams, Wilcher or maybe Gary go off for 20+ and 10 rebounds. That’s how we compete in or win a game like this on the road. Gonna need 2 (or 3) guys go off.

I feel bad having conceded this game, but this is a tall order. Any game on the road is tough, but especially to a good team. I’ll watch and hope for a competitive game. Just hope I don’t see another Maryland performance.
Here’s to hoping Ill is cold from 3 point line and we take care of the basketball

Game today seems like a good opportunity for Ninja to break out if his slump. Nothing to lose. Maybe the B1G refs make a call so Ninja doesn’t get mugged all over the court the entire game?
Yes, feature KT to try to get him back and to take some off others so they can have a day off, so to speak. If KT is hitting and ill is off, we may be in it late. If he isn’t hitting, doors get blown off and oh well. Play to save your legs, without looking like you are playing to save your legs.

This is a tough matchup for us. I’m typically more optimistic than I should be but I’d be surprised if we win this one. It is do-able though! Need a good shooting game and hopefully tominaga gets hot

Reactions: leodisflowers
I’ll gladly take the T, but Izzo and Painter bawl worse than that during the National Anthem.

Imagine getting that mad after 1 missed call. If he were our coach, he'd have ten heart attacks per season.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT