ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers 6 point favorite tonight against the Gophers

Andy Katz just seems like he’s out of his element reporting from the sidelines. Just awkward pauses and tone. Big set of fouls there. We need to seize this momentum

Reactions: SWIowahawks
The ball for the Huskers has completely stopped moving (until that 3 during this typing). They need to get back to passing it around and getting it into different hands. Griesel and Walker have not exactly been dominating and they’re just trying to bully it in against a team with decent size.

So Lawrence comes to a stop immediately after not having the ball and it’s an illegal screen??? Wtf is this shit show? What game to be stolen, again…

Shitty way to lose this game.. one of the illegal screens was Bullshit..

So Lawrence comes to a stop immediately after not having the ball and it’s an illegal screen??? Wtf is this shit show? What game to be stolen, again…
That call was not as completely hideous as the one on Tominaga, but it was still BS. Lawrence weighs about 160 pounds, his feet were flat on the floor, and Cooper runs into him and flops to the floor like he was shot by a sniper.

Shouldn’t have come down to that though. Huskers spit the bit with the pressure on.

Ugggg, so sick of these refs playing favorites in the 11 vs 14 game!

So what if the Huskers shot one more FT and if the fouls were in Minny's favor by 2. Rigged!

So what if the Huskers shot one more FT and if the fouls were in Minny's favor by 2. Rigged!

Looking only at the number of FTs shot and the number of fouls called on both teams is a simpleton's way of looking at things - although it is clear you are being sarcastic. Take into consideration when fouls are called and the situations. In the last +/- 5 minutes when Nebraska was making a run and had the opportunity to tie or take the lead, consider:
1) Tominaga moving screen.
2) Lawrence moving screen.
3) Wilcher called for foul on 3-pointer when the MInny player flops.
4) Wilcher called for foul on defensive rebound when Minny player jumps on his back.
5) Tominaga gets hit in the face when a Minny player fights through a screen.

While I wouldn't say the game was rigged, because there were some non-calls that could/should have been made on both sides, just those 5 plays alone (that I readily recalled) make a big difference in a 1 possession game. If NU gets those obvious bad calls, perhaps they score. Changes their defensive game plan completely. They don't have to resort to fouling (give credit to Minny for making most of their free throws down the stretch). In just those 5 instances, NU does not get a chance to score and Minny does. TBH, it wouldn't have mattered if the jersey said MIchigan State or Purdue instead of Nebraska when you have those types of calls go against you.

The easy response will be: "play better and NU doesn't have to worry about it." The easy rebuttal to that: "If the game is called consistently, NU doesn't have to be perfect on every offensive and defensive possession,"

Reactions: meo1960 and OzzyLvr

This from the guy who's still pissing his pants about a correct no-call that went Creighton's way 3 years ago.

Tell us again how that player got "killed" going to the rim, against the team you never, ever watch.

Last edited:
This from the guy who's still pissing his pants about a correct no-call that went Creighton's way 3 years ago.

Tell us again how that player got "killed" going to the rim, against the team you never, ever watch.
Do...do you really want to hear about it or are you joking?

Looking only at the number of FTs shot and the number of fouls called on both teams is a simpleton's way of looking at things - although it is clear you are being sarcastic. Take into consideration when fouls are called and the situations. In the last +/- 5 minutes when Nebraska was making a run and had the opportunity to tie or take the lead, consider:
4) Wilcher called for foul on defensive rebound when Minny player jumps on his back.

While I wouldn't say the game was rigged, because there were some non-calls that could/should have been made on both sides, just those 5 plays alone (that I readily recalled) make a big difference in a 1 possession game. If NU gets those obvious bad calls, perhaps they score. Changes their defensive game plan completely. They don't have to resort to fouling (give credit to Minny for making most of their free throws down the stretch). In just those 5 instances, NU does not get a chance to score and Minny does. TBH, it wouldn't have mattered if the jersey said MIchigan State or Purdue instead of Nebraska when you have those types of calls go against you.

The easy response will be: "play better and NU doesn't have to worry about it." The easy rebuttal to that: "If the game is called consistently, NU doesn't have to be perfect on every offensive and defensive possession,"
But if every fan of every team thinks that the refs are out to get them...then...well...see?

And with all this we still had a possible game winning shot..
Griesel losing control of the ball on the last drive was the worst way to end the season when it came down to getting the last shot off.😩

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
I was hoping to eat some crow. I was hard on Freddy and this team earlier in the season. Then February happened and for a split second I thought maybe they figured something out. But NU hoops does it again. The late season surge means nothing. That just sucks

Do...do you really want to hear about it or are you joking?
Yes please, give us another blow-by-blow dissertation on every bad call that ever went the way of the team you never, ever watch.

Then wag your finger at anyone else who complains about officiating.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I was hoping to eat some crow. I was hard on Freddy and this team earlier in the season. Then February happened and for a split second I thought maybe they figured something out. But NU hoops does it again. The late season surge means nothing. That just sucks
I’ve enjoyed the last month but I’ve never had one iota of hope that it’s going to lead to any greater success next season.

But if every fan of every team thinks that the refs are out to get them...then...well...see?

Not what I said. Please re-read. In summary, the inconsistency in making calls has a huge impact on how each team can play in the last 5:00 of a game when it is a 1-2 possession game. NU still had a chance to win but didn't perform when they had to.

I'm afraid next year with Walker and Tominaga gone, they'll go right back to the stagnant, my-turn-to-shoot offense we saw until a couple of months ago. Hope I'm wrong.
Or Briedenbach will turn into bill russell over the off-season and we’ll maybe go .500 again

• Haha
Reactions: HuskAir
I'm afraid next year with Walker and Tominaga gone, they'll go right back to the stagnant, my-turn-to-shoot offense we saw until a couple of months ago. Hope I'm wrong.
Yea I don’t see a bright future and he only has one recruit as of now coming in..

I just would have like to seen this team play in the NIT this year, just didn’t execute and shot better than what we been winning games..

Yes please, give us another blow-by-blow dissertation on every bad call that ever went the way of the team you never, ever watch.

Then wag your finger at anyone else who complains about officiating.
Sure, so the guy from the team that was playing the other team got the ball a bit in from of the FT line. He took off, went up to jam it and was pushed and hacked by 2-3 guys from the other team, but nothing was called.

Then the fans of the other team felt like it was possibly the greatest victory ever.

Did you want any other recaps?

Want one of how I make love? It is shorter than recap of that foul I just gave...and it includes some crying...by me. Actually never mind, I just gave the recap.

Another year of handwringing over a day 1 L in the conf tourney

Fred’s a dead man walking
I feel like Trev genuinely doesn't want to fire Hoiberg, so I'm assuming that another .500 record next year will just result in another rinse-and-repeat. I think Trev made a great football hire but I'm not convinced he's really invested in the idea of competing at a higher level in hoops.

Sure, so the guy from the team that was playing the other team got the ball a bit in from of the FT line. He took off, went up to jam it and was pushed and hacked by 2-3 guys from the other team, but nothing was called.
You know the game was recorded, right? So anyone who watches it can see that this is complete and utter nonsense, rivaling Iowa fans' red-hot takes on how their star CB was the victim of targeting.

Why is anyone surprised at ANOTHER disappointing year for Husker basketball? Hoiberg will not last long enough to even get his win record to .500. I find Fred to be a very nice and personable guy (I have chatted with him several times while at a dispointing Husker football game).....but for reasons unknown, he sucks as a coach. He has become the "Mike Riley" of basketball. He had a little success previously and is a really nice guy.

You know the game was recorded, right? So anyone who watches it can see that this is complete and utter nonsense, rivaling Iowa fans' red-hot takes on how their star CB was the victim of targeting.
I have never seen the game again. I only record certain things, let me know if you want to see one of my recordings, wink )

There is a chance I don't remember that game at all. I really don't pay a lot of attention.

I feel like Trev genuinely doesn't want to fire Hoiberg, so I'm assuming that another .500 record next year will just result in another rinse-and-repeat. I think Trev made a great football hire but I'm not convinced he's really invested in the idea of competing at a higher level in hoops.

I agree that Trev doesn't want to fire Hoiberg, but not completely sold that he is not invested in seeing men's BB advance beyond their current level. There was incremental progress this year in that the roster suits B1G style of play. They not only turned over the player roster but did the same with the coaching staff (recruiting transfers and game planning). Those 2 factors alone give some modest hope for another incremental improvement next year. If a couple guys that are redshirting are capable of filling the roles vacated by departing players, and a bit more cohesive unit all year long, that should equate to more wins. Personally, I think achieving 19 wins is the minimum goal for next year. If that doesn't happen, Trev has to make a change. Whether he wants to or not.

I agree that Trev doesn't want to fire Hoiberg, but not completely sold that he is not invested in seeing men's BB advance beyond their current level. There was incremental progress this year in that the roster suits B1G style of play. They not only turned over the player roster but did the same with the coaching staff (recruiting transfers and game planning). Those 2 factors alone give some modest hope for another incremental improvement next year. If a couple guys that are redshirting are capable of filling the roles vacated by departing players, and a bit more cohesive unit all year long, that should equate to more wins. Personally, I think achieving 19 wins is the minimum goal for next year. If that doesn't happen, Trev has to make a change. Whether he wants to or not.
Trev will also be able to get another $3M off that ridiculous buyout that Moos signed off on. My expectations for next season are very low with (likely) losing our top 3 players. I'd be very curious to know the "metrics" for 23/24.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT