ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers 6 point favorite tonight against the Gophers

This game has me a bit worried. Could be because the Gophers have been playing better, or maybe I'm just waiting for Husker basketball to turn back into a pumpkin.

I like this NU team, though. Really fun to watch when they move without the ball.

Last edited:
This game has me a bit worried. Could be because the Gophers have been playing better, or maybe I'm just waiting for Husker basketball to turn back a pumpkin.

I like this NU team, though. Really fun to watch when they move without the ball.
I would have rather played Minnesota than have to go against Ohio St team who been winning games down the stretch..

As long as we don’t have dry spells, not making FG for 3 to 4 minutes I really like our chances playing on Friday against Indiana..

Reactions: king_kong_
This game has me a bit worried. Could be because the Gophers have been playing better, or maybe I'm just waiting for Husker basketball to turn back into a pumpkin.

No matter what the record of the two teams is it always difficult to beat the same team 3 times in the same season. Especially from the mental, motivational standpoint. I just hope they play hard and smart tonight and they should have a decent chance to get the W.

My only worry is that motivation aspect. We have more talent and better scheming than Minny. It will be all about the effort tonight. Every team has bad effort games and we’re no different. If we bring it, we should win.

Anyone know if Keita is available yet?

Minnesota has some big guys who are pretty raw, but they might be hard to keep off the boards.

Anyone know if Keita is available yet?

Minnesota has some big guys who are pretty raw, but they might be hard to keep off the boards.
everything I've seen is game-time decision

fred will probably wait and see: a.) how he handled the flight, and, b.) how he's moving pregame

would be nice to have him even for limited minutes

our overall brand - best fans in the land

The brand that puts fans in the seats, despite the win-loss record most years for BB (and most other NU sports). With just a little bit of hope each year that there will be some success, PBA is mostly full. Attendance generally doesn't decline until later in the year when hope is lost. The brand that rewards local talent on the roster. Mix in a roster, effort, and some success against upper tier B1G teams and you get sell-out crowds. Toss in Ninja for that extra bit of energy and the hope meter jumps. Call it the "Sleeping Giant" brand for BB. It isn't much, but it is what we have right now.

I hope Hoiberg shows the teams some highlights of Andre Smith to inspire them and reinforce what the team can do with that amount of effort and desire. If that happens, don't be surprised to see the Huskers playing on Sunday!!! (Dream Bigger) F the NIT. Nebraska is playing just as well as any other NCAA bubble team right now. Might as well shoot for the big time.

The brand that puts fans in the seats, despite the win-loss record most years for BB (and most other NU sports). With just a little bit of hope each year that there will be some success, PBA is mostly full. Attendance generally doesn't decline until later in the year when hope is lost. The brand that rewards local talent on the roster. Mix in a roster, effort, and some success against upper tier B1G teams and you get sell-out crowds. Toss in Ninja for that extra bit of energy and the hope meter jumps. Call it the "Sleeping Giant" brand for BB. It isn't much, but it is what we have right now.

I hope Hoiberg shows the teams some highlights of Andre Smith to inspire them and reinforce what the team can do with that amount of effort and desire. If that happens, don't be surprised to see the Huskers playing on Sunday!!! (Dream Bigger) F the NIT. Nebraska is playing just as well as any other NCAA bubble team right now. Might as well shoot for the big time.
Very difficult for any team playing 5 days in a row winning it all, this team doesn’t have the depth I’m afraid to make it till Sunday..

I’m hoping they make it to Friday night..

hey, JD - you can kiss my ass
Oh don’t get all in your feelings. After all, you’re the one that was talking about making jokes on the internet. Now you can’t take one. What a shocker. But seriously. No. More. Hoiskers. It’s ridamndiculous.

• Haha
Oh don’t get all in your feelings. After all, you’re the one that was talking about making jokes on the internet. Now you can’t take one. What a shocker. But seriously. No. More. Hoiskers. It’s ridamndiculous.
you are welcome to attempt to come up with a more clever moniker

we'll need one in 2 years anyway

I honestly don’t have a real issue with Hoiskers for the basketball team.

Everyone has their opinion, guess I don’t get the beef with it..
The beef was at king_kong. There was a comment he made a while back and now he can’t take it when things are turned around. You don’t get it, fine. Don’t worry about it. But seriously, it’s still ridamndiculous.

Reactions: scarletred
The beef was at king_kong. There was a comment he made a while back and now he can’t take it when things are turned around. You don’t get it, fine. Don’t worry about it. But seriously, it’s still ridamndiculous.
I responded to your "joke" with another

who can't take it, again, mr feelings?

you'll notice my response - an obvious jest - has made 2 people laugh. the point of a joke, after all.

yours? crickets

I responded to your "joke" with another

who can't take it, again, mr feelings?

you'll notice my response - an obvious jest - has made 2 people laugh. the point of a joke, after all.

yours? crickets
😂. Deflection. I’m not mad or upset at all. I laughed at your post. Man, get over it.

Do you hold grudges on message boards? @king_kong_ and myself has had a few dust ups on here. Nothing personal in my perspective on here. Just a little fun

🤦‍♂️ oh jeez. Her come the Karen’s. Next will be the report button.
Who said anything about reporting? You are the Karen holding on to any comment you don't like. I'm surprised you don't use the ignore button since you get all worked up on message board.....😂

Man, I just saw Lunardi's latest "Bracketology" has the B1G with TEN teams in.... my god. How does he get his lips around it? It would be fun for Nebraska to go on a miracle run this week if for no other reason than to deny some other below-average B1G team from getting in.

Man, I just saw Lunardi's latest "Bracketology" has the B1G with TEN teams in.... my god. How does he get his lips around it? It would be fun for Nebraska to go on a miracle run this week if for no other reason than to deny some other below-average B1G team from getting in.
the B1G media bias is disgusting

absolute slap in the face to fans of the sport

conference play should be broken up with 2 weeks of non-con competition in late January - this would offset the weight meaningless games in November have on the entire season

Clemson being in the Next Four Out while 17-13 wisconsin still gets in is a complete joke

Reactions: mgbreis
Penn St and Michigan are pretty much on the bubble and Wisky has to win out just like us..

Lunardi doesn’t have the Badgers in.

Penn St and Michigan are pretty much on the bubble and Wisky has to win out just like us..

Lunardi doesn’t have the Badgers in.
He has both the Badgers and Michigan out. Currently. It doesn't feel to me like the B1G is great top-to-bottom this year, so not sure why it ought to get 9-10 teams in.

He has both the Badgers and Michigan out. Currently. It doesn't feel to me like the B1G is great top-to-bottom this year, so not sure why it ought to get 9-10 teams in.
I know, I not getting that either. Maybe one of them play themselves in..

Reactions: mgbreis
Shockingly, after slobbering on Greg Gard in the pregame, UW alum Andy Katz thinks the Badgers will get in even if they lose today.

God I hope OSU takes down those flopping pukes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT