ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

why replace a guy who wins with someone who doesn't win as much?

seems pretty straight forward
Simple really. Like Simple Jack simple.

Animated GIF

He wasn’t pressured very much at all yesterday.
I'm referring to two or three times where they had a pass rusher get to Haarberg's spot very quickly. I saw it and watched the replay at the game. Haarberg is stepping up, naturally his eyes are on the pass rushers instead of downfield and he has receivers still running down field, not even into their breaks yet.

When NU goes into an empty backfield with no inline tight ends, it's asking a hell of a lot out of our OL to send our receivers out on slow developing routes.

And Max Duggan 🙄
Let's compare Haarberg to Duggan over Duggan's first 3 years:

Pass YPGPTD/gameINT/gameRush YPGRush AvgRTD/game
Duggan1791.20.64340.58
HH14310.88550.8

not that far off, and thats including Duggan's growth and experience over a large sample set. Worth pointing out that Duggan has HH beat in comp % (59 to 51), but also worth pointing out Duggan's winning % was 0.406 compated to HH's 0.8.

let's look at how their first years stack up for a more accurate comparison:

Duggan1731.20.8464.30.5
HH14310.88550.8

again, not a very stark contrast. Duggan had a comp% of 53 that year, and a winning % of 0.25. not to mention, Duggan had WRs like Jalen Raegor and Quentin Johnson who would go on to be 1st round picks, something Nebraska hasn't had in decades.

to summarize, HH is every bit as capable as Duggan was. statistically, he's on track to be better. that doesn't mean he'll lead us to the CFB playoff his senior year, but you should at least be factually aware before feigning outrage.

Simple really. Like Simple Jack simple.

Animated GIF
people often resort to personal insults when they've been checkmated

appears you're no different

you've fully written off Haarberg, which is great. your personal opinion and credibility are now at odds with Nebraska winning and him playing well.

I find it odd to call a fellow fan who supports the team's first QB to lead a 4-1 stretch since 2018 a retard, but, hey, you do you.

Last edited:
talk about agenda

you truly believed purdy would play over HH even though he has the arm of a 12 year old

it's okay. many people look like their head has never left their ass on this board. you're in good company and nobody will judge you solely based on this most recent humiliation.

rocky-iv.gif

E Johnson looked good leading the team in carries last week while mr pitter patter looked the same as always. he will lead the team in RB carries going forward, as he should.
It’s possible our head coach also believed a healthy Purdy would’ve started. So again, we’ll never truly know, but you keep spinning it how you spin it. I’m looking at the facts of what our head coach said.

I’ll agree I don’t mind EJ taking more snaps at RB, but he also wouldn’t have played much if not for multiple injuries, so apparently Rhule and staff liked Grant over him for the majority of the year so far, even despite his ball security problems in practice, which is saying something.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see HH pulled for Sims or Purdy if he has another NW type of game. Buddies I was watching with wanted him pulled in that game, I was on the fence.

It’s possible our head coach also believed a healthy Purdy would’ve started. So again, we’ll never truly know, but you keep spinning it how you spin it. I’m looking at the facts of what our head coach said.

I’ll agree I don’t mind EJ taking more snaps at RB, but he also wouldn’t have played much if not for multiple injuries, so apparently Rhule and staff liked Grant over him for the majority of the year so far, even despite his ball security problems in practice, which is saying something.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see HH pulled for Sims or Purdy if he has another NW type of game. Buddies I was watching with wanted him pulled in that game, I was on the fence.
we know.

you just can't admit it.

congrats on surrounding yourself with people who are even dumber than you are!

You are THE national treasure of hypocrisy.

No one puts out lower hanging fruit.
your friends sound like idiots. who wants the winningest QB NU has seen in 5 years benched during a game we had well in hand? very glad to hear you weren't involved in such idiocy.

however, it now makes sense why you're confident enough to share some of your asinine thoughts. bet your buddies eat the whole "football is rigged" stuff right out of your hand!

and purdy was healthy enough to play @ CU. he was just behind HH, just like he was all spring, summer and fall.

people often resort to personal insults when they've been checkmated

appears you're no different

you've fully written off Haarberg, which is great. your personal opinion and credibility are now at odds with Nebraska winning and him playing well.

I find it odd to call a fellow fan who supports the team's first QB to lead a 4-1 stretch since 2018 a retard, but, hey, you do you.

Jimmy Fallon Cringe GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce1981
your friends sound like idiots. who wants the winningest QB NU has seen in 5 years benched during a game we had well in hand? very glad to hear you weren't involved in such idiocy.

however, it now makes sense why you're confident enough to share some of your asinine thoughts. bet your buddies eat the whole "football is rigged" stuff right out of your hand!

and purdy was healthy enough to play @ CU. he was just behind HH, just like he was all spring, summer and fall.
As a wise man once said 10 minutes ago, it’s starting to appear you’ve been checkmated, mate.

talk about agenda

you truly believed purdy would play over HH even though he has the arm of a 12 year old

it's okay. many people look like their head has never left their ass on this board. you're in good company and nobody will judge you solely based on this most recent humiliation.

rocky-iv.gif

E Johnson looked good leading the team in carries last week while mr pitter patter looked the same as always. he will lead the team in RB carries going forward, as he should.
Weird how you completely ignored the facts that NW is a Top 50 defense, while completely changing the topic again. It's ok to admit you were completely wrong, especially when you just throw shit out there and hope it sticks.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
The players/coaches who are actually winning us games despite one of the worst offenses we’ve had in the modern era.

the defense is meeting expectations (you are hilariously the only poster to have "liked" this)

my money is on our defense being good (top 5 in the league)

we should be able to pack the box and cover 1-on-1 all season long

again, this is largely driven by the laughable dearth of skill players/downfield passers we will face

the offense is doing enough to win behind Haarberg when they were doing enough to lose behind Sims

I call BS, there are some “the sky is falling” fans and it’s tiresome. You are pissing your pants about next year already. What the hell for. So what if the defense leads the way, is being a defensive team an issue? Things will improve with the offense over time. My question is why throw a fit and bitch about it today? Neither Eric Crouch nor Tommy Frazier are on the sidelines waiting to come on the field this season. Too many miserable fans around here chronically pissed off. You seem upset that the defense leads to way. Did you prefer the the 45-42 or 43-37 losses in 2022, the 35-28 and 32-29 losses in 2021, or the 41-23 loss in 2020 better? Give them time to improve the offense do you really think the coaches are seeing what they want out there this year?

And I never said people were unhappy about being 4-3, I said people are bitching about how they win. Like all of a sudden we should be doing that. No wonder other teams fans keep saying Neb fans are stuck in the 90s because it’s true
Dude learn to read the room. This isn't about wins or losses. THIS THREAD is SPECIFICALLY about how we do not have our Quarterback of the future yet. It's not about wins and losses. You and drunk ass Kong keep derailing this thread and making it about everything else besides our QB situation.

As far as being upset about us being a defensive team. I have no clue where you pulled that one out of your ass. I was simply stating that Rhule has basically stated that our success is because of the defense and we go as the defense goes. Which in turn shits all over Kongs theory that HH is the reason for the turn around.

Hope this helps. Next time stay on topic. Thanks bud.

Last edited:
the defense is meeting expectations (you are hilariously the only poster to have "liked" this)

the offense is doing enough to win behind Haarberg when they were doing enough to lose behind Sims
Right. I also called the D being better than most will expect after attending the spring game. The offense does enough to win behind a leading defense that keeps the score low, because next year’s starting QB is not on the roster, which is the title of the thread.

Reactions: wkato
Weird how you completely ignored the facts that NW is a Top 50 defense, while completely changing the topic again. It's ok to admit you were completely wrong, especially when you just throw shit out there and hope it sticks.
I didn't ignore the fact NW is top 50 in total defense, I brought it up.

Right. I also called the D being better than most will expect after attending the spring game. The offense does enough to win behind a leading defense that keeps the score low, because next year’s starting QB is not on the roster, which is the title of the thread.
care to make it interesting?

I'll bet the 2024 starting QB is, indeed, on the roster.

name your number.

he'll lead the team in RB carries moving forward, just like he did on Sat

and he should. kid's got juice.
Don't get me wrong, he looked to be giving great effort and showed quickness. I would just be cautious with a data set of 23 carries.
Fleeks was averaging 73 yards per carry at one time, and it was all from the Michigan game. Didn't look do hot Saturday.

HH is the best quarterback on the roster this year and gives the team the best chance to win the rest of the way. I don't think there's any question about that.

But Rhule definitely needs to hit the transfer portal or recruit a QB during the off-season. I like HH a lot. The kid's a baller and has that toughness Nebraska QBs of old had. I do, however, think the position needs a big upgrade in talent going forward.

Reactions: sparky62
Interesting. He is a senior and has had injuries the past 2 years where he missed a considerable amount of time.
Yeah, I have no idea, just info I get like 10th hand (ironically if I had 10 hands I would be treating my body like an amusement park).

Interesting. He is a senior and has had injuries the past 2 years where he missed a considerable amount of time.
He's actually a junior this year in terms of eligibility because his first year was 2020, which doesn't count because it was the COVID year. He's played in three games this year, so he will be a senior next year if he plays in two more games this year. If he plays in less than two more game this year, he could redshirt and be a junior next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedMyMind
He's actually a junior this year in terms of eligibility because his first year was 2020, which doesn't count because it was the COVID year. He's played in three games this year, so he will be a senior next year if he plays in two more games this year. If he plays in only one more game this year, he could redshirt and be a junior next year.
Interesting to think about why he may want to jump ship

He's actually a junior this year in terms of eligibility because his first year was 2020, which doesn't count because it was the COVID year. He's played in three games this year, so he will be a senior next year if he plays in two more games this year. If he plays in less than two more game this year, he could redshirt and be a junior next year.
I know you are right but this makes my head spin. That covid year was so stupid and continues to be so stupid.

That said, he would be the best (second best?) QB in the Big Ten next year.

Let's compare Haarberg to Duggan over Duggan's first 3 years:

Duggan1791.20.64340.58
HH14310.88550.8

not that far off, and thats including Duggan's growth and experience over a large sample set. Worth pointing out that Duggan has HH beat in comp % (59 to 51), but also worth pointing out Duggan's winning % was 0.406 compated to HH's 0.8.

let's look at how their first years stack up for a more accurate comparison:

Duggan1731.20.8464.30.5
HH14310.88550.8

again, not a very stark contrast. Duggan had a comp% of 53 that year, and a winning % of 0.25. not to mention, Duggan had WRs like Jalen Raegor and Quentin Johnson who would go on to be 1st round picks, something Nebraska hasn't had in decades.

to summarize, HH is every bit as capable as Duggan was. statistically, he's on track to be better. that doesn't mean he'll lead us to the CFB playoff his senior year, but you should at least be factually aware before feigning outrage.

Your stats are apples to oranges in basically every sense of the term. HH has started 5 games and played in 6 against some of the worst defenses any team will ever face. And he's a third year sophomore, Duggan was a freshman.

Look, we can sit here and manipulate "stats" all day. I've seen them both play. The ole' eyeball test. So, tell you what...if Haarberg ends up being a runner up Heisman winner, by all means, bump this post and I'll happily eat crow.

And to clarify, I'm an HH guy and I actually think he may be able to improve enough to keep playing beyond this year. But enough to be a Heisman runner up? No chance.

Your stats are apples to oranges in basically every sense of the term. HH has started 5 games and played in 6 against some of the worst defenses any team will ever face. And he's a third year sophomore, Duggan was a freshman.

Look, we can sit here and manipulate "stats" all day. I've seen them both play. The ole' eyeball test. So, tell you what...if Haarberg ends up being a runner up Heisman winner, by all means, bump this post and I'll happily eat crow.

And to clarify, I'm an HH guy and I actually think he may be able to improve enough to keep playing beyond this year. But enough to be a Heisman runner up? No chance.
People only use the "apples to oranges" bit when somebody has made them feel stupid

So can you show me where you predicted Duggan to be Heisman runner up? Surely you knew before his senior year what a talent he was

Duggan was benched for the kid currently playing heading into his best season

He didn’t even pass his own coach’s eyeball test

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT