ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

Yep.

lot of people here expect the offense to look like the 1990 49ers all of a sudden

Talk about delusional
I mean like crack head delusional. They got to be younger and game players, or just stupid.
dave chappelle sandwich GIF

The D is getting us bowl eligible. The qb and the 18.4 points of offense is not. Call the shit like it is. Three of the team wins have losing records. The other team is 4-4. The teams with winning records ( all 2) we have been outscored 81-21. Look at the shit like a big boy. But hell, we might go to a bowl. Comparing that dude to Tebow? Jesus. The QB play sucks. However, going to a bowl would be cool, but look down the road. Haarburg is not the answer at QB so we had better get a Manning in the portal. It would be great. And very unlikely.
Since I’ve yet to meet a Chuck with an IQ higher than 3, I’ll go back and try and explain in simple terms:

- wasn’t comparing Haarberg to Tebow, rather the situation of the 2011 Broncos where everyone knew Tebow wasn’t a viable starting NFL qb, but kept finding ways to win and got the team to the playoffs. The following year, they got Manning and the rest is history, but the storyline that Tebow provided was fun, similar to what we have in Haarberg…he’s finding ways to win…defense played awesome yesterday but they didn’t score any points…HH did

- don’t care what the record of our opponents is that we’ve beat…we lost to shitbag Northwestern last year so I’ll take all the Ws we can get. Beating the teams we should is a luxury we haven’t been afforded for the last decade.

- this team isn’t conference championship caliber right now so a bowl should be the highest priority. The extra practices will be huge for development.

That all make sense, Chuckie?

Since I’ve yet to meet a Chuck with an IQ higher than 3, I’ll go back and try and explain in simple terms:

- wasn’t comparing Haarberg to Tebow, rather the situation of the 2011 Broncos where everyone knew Tebow wasn’t a viable starting NFL qb, but kept finding ways to win and got the team to the playoffs. The following year, they got Manning and the rest is history, but the storyline that Tebow provided was fun, similar to what we have in Haarberg…he’s finding ways to win…defense played awesome yesterday but they didn’t score any points…HH did

- don’t care what the record of our opponents is that we’ve beat…we lost to shitbag Northwestern last year so I’ll take all the Ws we can get. Beating the teams we should is a luxury we haven’t been afforded for the last decade.

- this team isn’t conference championship caliber right now so a bowl should be the highest priority. The extra practices will be huge for development.

That all make sense, Chuckie?
Now that I'm sober, it makes sense to me now. And I have never met a single person named Sloth with an IQ below 149. So good post.

None of us like losing like we had the last 7 years. Now with 5 games to go we have 4 wins, matching the most wins in a season in that time frame? But instead of being happy with the wins even though the offense struggle we have little piss baby fans bitching about how they are or are not winning games. Worry about that in the future. Those miserable fans deserve a losing team. Am I thrilled with how the offense performs? No. Does it mean I’m scared this staff will have an offense like this until the end of time in Lincoln? No.
No one here is b!tching about being 4-3. In fact I believe everyone here is thrilled we have a winning record going into November. But this forum thread is about our QB situation and not having the future QB on the roster...yet...
It's completely mind numbing how people don't realize what thread they are on.

Now posters like Kong try and derail it with wins and loses and wants you to believe the QB is the sole purpose of it. When in reality everyone and their dog knows the defense and new coaching staff is the real reason for the turn around this year. Hell, even HCMR even stated we are a defensive team. But a guy completing only 50% of his passes is the reason for the turn around 😅

No one here is b!tching about being 4-3. In fact I believe everyone here is thrilled we have a winning record going into November. But this forum thread is about our QB situation and not having the future QB on the roster...yet...
It's completely mind numbing how people don't realize what thread they are on.

Now posters like Kong try and derail it with wins and loses and wants you to believe the QB is the sole purpose of it. When in reality everyone and their dog knows the defense and new coaching staff is the real reason for the turn around this year. Hell, even HCMR even stated we are a defensive team. But a guy completing only 50% of his passes is the reason for the turn around 😅
I call BS, there are some “the sky is falling” fans and it’s tiresome. You are pissing your pants about next year already. What the hell for. So what if the defense leads the way, is being a defensive team an issue? Things will improve with the offense over time. My question is why throw a fit and bitch about it today? Neither Eric Crouch nor Tommy Frazier are on the sidelines waiting to come on the field this season. Too many miserable fans around here chronically pissed off. You seem upset that the defense leads to way. Did you prefer the the 45-42 or 43-37 losses in 2022, the 35-28 and 32-29 losses in 2021, or the 41-23 loss in 2020 better? Give them time to improve the offense do you really think the coaches are seeing what they want out there this year?

And I never said people were unhappy about being 4-3, I said people are bitching about how they win. Like all of a sudden we should be doing that. No wonder other teams fans keep saying Neb fans are stuck in the 90s because it’s true

Reactions: sloth316
Haarberg is on track to nearly match Gdowski’s rushing stats and exceed his passing stats of Gerry’s one year as a starter. And that is over ten games as a starter, compared to 11 for Gdowski.
I call BS, there are some “the sky is falling” fans and it’s tiresome. You are pissing your pants about next year already. What the hell for. So what if the defense leads the way, is being a defensive team an issue? Things will improve with the offense over time. My question is why throw a fit and bitch about it today? Neither Eric Crouch nor Tommy Frazier are on the sidelines waiting to come on the field this season. Too many miserable fans around here chronically pissed off. You seem upset that the defense leads to way. Did you prefer the the 45-42 or 43-37 losses in 2022, the 35-28 and 32-29 losses in 2021, or the 41-23 loss in 2020 better? Give them time to improve the offense do you really think the coaches are seeing what they want out there this year?
Totally agree with everything you posted. We are taking steps. But the next step is to continue to add building blocks to a limited offense (in 2023). Those building blocks will help Rhule realize a vision of a complete team - which will undoubtedly lead to greater success for Neb.

Reactions: BleedRed78
When in reality everyone and their dog knows the defense and new coaching staff is the real reason for the turn around this year.
we were 0-2 prior to HH starting

we're 4-1 since

and we've played exactly one offense in the national top 50 (Mich, defense got its shit pushed in) and 4 defenses inside the top 50 (HH is 2-1 against the 3 he's faced, the 4th is minn).

defense is relatively healthy, offense is decimated

yet, we continue to outscore our opponents

you can't see it, friend.

keep up the awesome work and keep wishing and hoping while we continue to pile up wins!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
He's been in the program for 3 years lol

Not sure what cancel culture has to do with this...

He's just not good. He's had the privilege of playing against 4 terrible teams. The one team, where he could've stood up and shined. We got blown out AT HOME. I don't even think he mustered a touchdown that game.

One guy played a lonely team with no head coach and a losing record. One guy played a professional football team and has CONSISTENTLY showed he's a top quarterback at the highest level. It's a very strange comparison and not a good one at all to tell you the truth.

I don't think I'm gaslighting anyone. It's pretty obvious HH isn't a good quarterback. How many times did he force it to Fidone, when we had MULTIPLE guys open. Either in the flats or streaking down the side? How many times did turn to hand the ball off amd went the wronf way? How about the snap that hit him in chest, but somehow he drops it and just has to fall on it. The kid is a GREAT athlete, he's just not a quarterback. I think that's what a lot of us are saying. His legs help him extend plays and he's a good runner, but again 16 rushes for 72 yards, really isn't that impressive, especially at the college level. Even more so against a lonely team like NW. I must have missed the part where NW has such a staunch defense, that our Quarterback would only muster up 150 total yards and hang a whopping 17 points.

He did score when we needed him to, but Coleman was so wide open it'd be hard for him to have missed that. Again, he did terribly under throw Bullocks along the sideline when there wasn't a guy within 10 yards of him. So the inconsistency NEEDS to improve, but I'm not holding my breath since the guy has been here for 3 years already.

I'm glad we're 4-3! Feels good to have a winning record halfway through the season! But this narrative of because HH is a leader and a superior QB compared to what we've had is so far removed from reality. Essentially this is still the same team, the DIFFERENCE is the COACHING.
First of all. You can post two different posts if quoting two different people. Probably the first time I’ve seen that. Second TL;DR

These are the ones that wanted Frank gone and were the cause of our downfall. They still want a gunslinger even though it’s been proven over and over again it doesn’t work in Lincoln. I guess when you have a larger enough fan base you’re going to have a lot of idiots

just because you haven't improved in any facet of life for decades doesn't mean everyone is okay remaining stagnant

every week we see something from HH we haven't seen before. this week was no different.
Yeah, last game we see
it'll be okay

we all know where Nebraska Football touched you over the past 20 years

everyone processes trauma differently
He's not wrong based on the game. If the defense hadn't stepped up it would have been another Minny win.

These are the ones that wanted Frank gone and were the cause of our downfall. They still want a gunslinger even though it’s been proven over and over again it doesn’t work in Lincoln. I guess when you have a larger enough fan base you’re going to have a lot of idiots

Frank literally took the over the best program in the country at the time and ran it in the ground....

Frank should have been gone / shouldn’t have gotten the job, they just did it in the wrong way. The rest of your post is also wrong.

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
this incorrect post stems from your having been embarrassed during the preseason.

White's D has had the benefit of beating exactly zero good quarterbacks/offenses. he's doing a great job and they're playing hard. he deserves all the credit in the world for his performance thus far.

get over your feelings and hop onboard this winning train. fun times to be a Husker!

The defenses HH is winning against are much higher rated than the offenses the D is stifling
Oh so you only care about ratings, style points, and details (reality) when it comes to critiquing the defense. But the offense can turn it over 2-3 times every game against 60-80th ranked defenses and “HH is a winner that carries the team single-handedly and makes everyone on the defense ‘play better’ “

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: pure agenda-fueled delusion. As others have said, it really is as if you are the kid’s deranged mother.

Haarberg is on track to nearly match Gdowski’s rushing stats and exceed his passing stats of Gerry’s one year as a starter. And that is over ten games as a starter, compared to 11 for Gdowski.
Not even close. Gdowski threw 19 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He averaged 8 yards per carry, unheard of for a qb.
Raw yardage maybe, but otherwise there is no comparison.

Yeah, and conversely, some Nebraska fans are such blind homers that they always think we're winning, even when we're losing. And just keep lowering the bar to make it true. Never criticize, never complain, always support, never be objective. That's the Nebraska way.

It goes both ways. Both extremes are detrimental to the culture of the fanbase. One leads to complacency and the other leads to unrealistic expectations. I know both kinds and I can't stand talking football with either of them. Impossible to have a constructive conversation.

Yeah, last game we see

He's not wrong based on the game. If the defense hadn't stepped up it would have been another Minny win.
NW has a top 50 defense and is outside the top 100 in offense

The game went accordingly

I don’t say Haarberg is a finished product or even a good QB. But he’s the best player on an offense that’s doing enough to win games we haven’t won since 2016.

Guys like @SomedayHusker who truly believed purdy was ahead of him on the depth chart know nothing about football & got personally embarrassed by HH taking the reins of the team.

Oh also E Johnson is clearly our best back. @SomedayHusker wont like that dose of reality one bit, either.

I don’t say Haarberg is a finished product or even a good QB. But he’s the best player on an offense that’s doing enough to win games we haven’t won since 2016.

Guys like @SomedayHusker who truly believed purdy was ahead of him on the depth chart know nothing about football & got personally embarrassed by HH taking the reins of the team.

Oh also E Johnson is clearly our best back. @SomedayHusker wont like that dose of reality one bit, either.
Here’s why this is an incorrect post: According to the coaching staff, who works with the players every day, neither of your sentences where you mentioned me are true. Purdy may have gone in if he wasn’t injured, and Grant has far more carries than Johnson on the season, meaning the staff obviously thinks he’s been the better back so far because they’ve given him the ball wayyyy more times. So definitely nothing “clear” as you say about the depth chart or who’s better than who.

Does that make sense for you, Kongy? No? Ok. I tried.

Just more blow-hard Kong trying to spit out a million takes per hour so he can quote himself some more on the one that’s right.

Here’s why this is an incorrect post: According to the coaching staff, who works with the players every day, neither of your sentences where you mentioned me are true. Purdy may have gone in if he wasn’t injured, and Grant has far more carries than Johnson on the season, meaning the staff obviously thinks he’s been the better back so far because they’ve given him the ball wayyyy more times. So definitely nothing “clear” as you say about the depth chart or who’s better than who.

Does that make sense for you, Kongy? No? Ok. I tried.

Just more blow-hard Kong trying to spit out a million takes per hour so he can quote himself some more on the one that’s right.
aw

this is getting sad now

I kind of feel bad

So Deacon Hill is at the top of your list. I guess that makes perfect sense in your world.
Hill's winning percentage is worse than Haarberg's, so, no, he would not be.

excited to see your wishlist in the offseason, friend!

really hoping you're a solutions guy and not just a problems guy.

Hill's winning percentage is worse than Haarberg's, so, no, he would not be.

excited to see your wishlist in the offseason, friend!

really hoping you're a solutions guy and not just a problems guy.
But he’s a “winner,” I thought that’s what mattered? Now what matters is that they have to be a special kind of winner, and the only way to be that is to have a better winning % than HH.
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

But he’s a “winner,” I thought that’s what mattered? Now what matters is that they have to be a special kind of winner, and the only way to be that is to have a better winning % than HH.
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
why replace a guy who wins with someone who doesn't win as much?

seems pretty straight forward

LOL @ top 50 defense. Here are the numbers for some context you left out.

NW is #41 in yards allowed per game
#67 in points allowed per game (26.8)
#86 with 1.2 takeaways per game (HH 2 picks)
#83 in opponent completion - 62% (HH 47%)
#101 in sack percentage! (This is why o-line blocked well for HH this game)

The only reason some of their pass defense yardage **totals** look mediocre is because teams just run the ball all day with a lead and drain the clock on them. These stats include games against UTEP and f*^%^ing Howard. This is a bad bad team that HH looked mediocre/below average against and the defense had 8 sacks. Get it together, dude.

Reactions: East-Coast-Sker
LOL @ top 50 defense. Here are the numbers for some context you left out.

NW is #41 in yards allowed per game
#67 in points allowed per game (26.8)
#86 with 1.2 takeaways per game (HH 2 picks)
#83 in opponent completion - 62% (HH 47%)
#101 in sack percentage! (This is why o-line blocked well for HH this game)

The only reason some of their pass defense yardage **totals** look mediocre is because teams just run the ball all day with a lead and drain the clock on them. These stats include games against UTEP and f*^%^ing Howard. This is a bad bad team that HH looked mediocre/below average against and the defense had 8 sacks. Get it together, dude.
talk about agenda

you truly believed purdy would play over HH even though he has the arm of a 12 year old

it's okay. many people look like their head has never left their ass on this board. you're in good company and nobody will judge you solely based on this most recent humiliation.

rocky-iv.gif

E Johnson looked good leading the team in carries last week while mr pitter patter looked the same as always. he will lead the team in RB carries going forward, as he should.

why replace a guy who wins with someone who doesn't win as much?

seems pretty straight forward
Sorry, but HH didn't win that game, it was the defence. HH did enough to lose the game. He's looks to be the best of a pretty poor group of QB's. Emmitt looks like he can be good but either him or HH messed up that handoff and put the ball on the ground. Offense is sputtering and the defense is covering their azz.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Oh look another hypocritical Kong non-response 😆 Enjoy your love affair while it lasts.
I'm enjoying it immensely!

4-1!

imagine having so much poop in your pants you're having no fun rooting for this team

couldn't ever be me

Reactions: skIarbodds
I agree with you gunslinging won't work in Lincoln and I don't want them to go away from what they're doing. But we do need a qb that is suitable enough to hit the open guys every once in a while. Someone that knows how to pitch it would help too

**** that, different QB isnt going to change the OL issues.

Fix the OL and HH is a Max Duggan level talent. Not many guys could stand in the fire the

And I never said people were unhappy about being 4-3, I said people are bitching about how they win. Like all of a sudden we should be doing that. No wonder other teams fans keep saying Neb fans are stuck in the 90s because it’s true
You’re right. We need to enjoy the wins and be grateful that things are turning around. Lots to be positive about

Secretly, most of us know we need a new QB that can pass. All progress begins with being honest.

Better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT