ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

People only use the "apples to oranges" bit when somebody has made them feel stupid

No, they use it when someone's "stats" are inconsequential, nonbearing and irrelevant

So can you show me where you predicted Duggan to be Heisman runner up? Surely you knew before his senior year what a talent he was

People only change the narrative in an argument when somebody has made them feel stupid

Last edited:
Haarberg has never been benched after winning the starting job

Duggan started for 3 years and was benched heading into his Heisman runner up season

He was on the bench because he "didn’t even pass his own coach’s eyeball test." But, I think you knew what I meant

He has 2 bad games in a row and misses wide open guys. At this point out in Sims and let HH run specific plays and short yardage

He has 2 bad games in a row and misses wide open guys. At this point out in Sims and let HH run specific plays and short yardage
.....because Sims has never had 2 bad games in a row?

lol

you guys are hilarious

just can't help but tell the world you have zero clue what you're watching every weekend

No, they use it when someone's "stats" are inconsequential, nonbearing and irrelevant
nah, the stats are 100% relevant. they're just inconvenient for you because you're emotionally attached to a weak argument at this point.

People only change the narrative in an argument when somebody has made them feel stupid
you're right, here's a recap of your narrative:

> scoffing at the idea that HH and Duggan are similar talent levels
gets shown a plethora of stats

> "b-b-but the stats don't matter"
why not?

> muh "eyeball test"
can we see proof of your infallible eye test?

> "reeeeeee you're changing the narrative"

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
Not to mention they are his most recent, which suggest regression, not progression.
when it starts costing us games, i'll agree. i was bummed Sims couldn't work out, because there were flashes. ultimately, he played like a worse Adrian Martinez and that sorta leadership is too infectious to risk spreading to the rest of the team.

if there's one player who encapsulates Husker football over the past 20 years, its Adrian Martinez. plenty of talent, occasional brilliance, but a knack for making mistakes at the worst possible moment. potential to be top of the conference, but always finding a way to be the worst and losing to teams we had no business losing to.

HH is the personality Nebraska needs to successfully turn this thing around. big, strong, gritty. is he the most talented QB thats going to be a future 1st round pick? of course not, hopefully he's paying attention in class. but he beats the teams we should beat, and he makes plays when they're needed, saving the mistakes for when there's still a lot of game to be played.

nah, the stats are 100% relevant. they're just inconvenient for you because you're emotionally attached to a weak argument at this point.

you're right, here's a recap of your narrative:

> scoffing at the idea that HH and Duggan are similar talent levels
gets shown a plethora of stats

> "b-b-but the stats don't matter"
why not?

> muh "eyeball test"
can we see proof of your infallible eye test?

> "reeeeeee you're changing the narrative"

And for the real recap...

You: Haarberg is the next Max Duggan

Me: Rolls eyes

You: Bunch of meaningless stats that prove very little, if anything

Me: calls you out

You: But but but are you saying you called Duggan as a Heisman runner up when he was a freshman?

Am I doing your imaginary world right? Probably not since I can't even pretend to muster the level of bullshit that you can.

Again, holla when Haarberg is a Heisman runner up and/or if he takes us to the National Championship. I'll happily eat crow.

Little birdie (same one that told me Betts had left the team) said NU will be making a play for the KU quarterback.
Mr Injured Every Season for Long Stints of the Season?

Love his upside in playmaking. But HH is that starter for a reason: he's strong, tough, and can hold up to B1G play

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Mr Injured Every Season for Long Stints of the Season?

Love his upside in playmaking. But HH is that starter for a reason: he's strong, tough, and can hold up to B1G play
I guess, I don't really know much about the guy.

when it starts costing us games, i'll agree. i was bummed Sims couldn't work out, because there were flashes. ultimately, he played like a worse Adrian Martinez and that sorta leadership is too infectious to risk spreading to the rest of the team.

if there's one player who encapsulates Husker football over the past 20 years, its Adrian Martinez. plenty of talent, occasional brilliance, but a knack for making mistakes at the worst possible moment. potential to be top of the conference, but always finding a way to be the worst and losing to teams we had no business losing to.

HH is the personality Nebraska needs to successfully turn this thing around. big, strong, gritty. is he the most talented QB thats going to be a future 1st round pick? of course not, hopefully he's paying attention in class. but he beats the teams we should beat, and he makes plays when they're needed, saving the mistakes for when there's still a lot of game to be played.
yeeeesh.

And for the real recap...

You: Haarberg is the next Max Duggan

Me: Rolls eyes

You: Bunch of meaningless stats that prove very little, if anything

Me: calls you out

You: But but but are you saying you called Duggan as a Heisman runner up when he was a freshman?

Am I doing your imaginary world right? Probably not since I can't even pretend to muster the level of bullshit that you can.

Again, holla when Haarberg is a Heisman runner up and/or if he takes us to the National Championship. I'll happily eat crow.
yeah that's a tl;dr for me ma'am/sir

sorry you got your feelings hurt by stats, go huskers though

here you go:

progress isn't linear. anyone who's ever accomplished anything difficult knows this.
You literally took the words out of my mouth. Progress isn't linear. I honestly don't know if Haarberg will be the starter next year (or even all of this year) but it makes me sad that a Nebraska fan wouldn't be hopeful for him to get better WHILE we're still winning games. Why jump back to the guy with a multiple season history of turnover issues and losing? I really want to make a bowl this year, but that really isn't the main goal for this season. Its development and culture change. Haarberg has kinda sucked in the passing game lately but at the same time he's a warrior that moves the sticks and keeps playing hard and seems to find a way when needed. That's the leadership and culture that I want.

You literally took the words out of my mouth. Progress isn't linear. I honestly don't know if Haarberg will be the starter next year (or even all of this year) but it makes me sad that a Nebraska fan wouldn't be hopeful for him to get better WHILE we're still winning games. Why jump back to the guy with a multiple season history of turnover issues and losing? I really want to make a bowl this year, but that really isn't the main goal for this season. Its development and culture change. Haarberg has kinda sucked in the passing game lately but at the same time he's a warrior that moves the sticks and keeps playing hard and seems to find a way when needed. That's the leadership and culture that I want.
I believe there are two possible answers:

many here value their own personal pride over NU's on-field success. (my way or the highway smartest guy in the room affliction)

others are suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome for losing. it's familiar and comfortable.

I understand - being wrong isn't fun and change can be scary.

either way, I find it very illustrative.

Reactions: mgbreis
this is a question

you seem to have difficulty delineating questions from statements

happy to help you out if/when you need it
The post of mine that you responded to was not a question, and shockingly not included in your response above. Your misdirection and cut’n paste game is strong, but also entirely transparent. You seem to have difficulty delineating reality from Kongality. Happy to help you out whenever you’re ready.

The post of mine that you responded to was not a question, and shockingly not included in your response above. Your misdirection and cut’n paste game is strong, but also entirely transparent. You seem to have difficulty delineating reality from Kongality. Happy to help you out whenever you’re ready.
please explain what reality I'm either missing or being willfully ignorant of.

I suspect you've got a dusting of Kong Derangement Syndrome beginning to manifest things that are entirely derived from your imagination.

because many of the Nebraskans on this board are "Nebraska nice" to a fault.

they are so nice that anything that can be construed as disrespectful to previous history is worth being embarrassed about. i'm pretty convinced that even if we won out and had the opportunity to be crushed by tOSU/Michigan (i actually think we'd fight tOSU well for a few quarters), there would be a significant chunk of fans who would prefer to be embarrassed cuz "muh 90s huskers" instead of proud of what the team accomplished in a rebuild.

i'll never forget one of my first in-person Husker games in 2009, when we beat Oklahoma. younger Husker fan ran around doing the "number 1" handsign that Okies love to do. older fan goes "hey! we don't do that here, we're not #1 in anything"

and somehow that was the perfect metaphor for old Husker fans, allergic to the idea of excitement and optimism, preferring the position of embarrassment to pride.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I believe there are two possible answers:

many here value their own personal pride over NU's on-field success. (my way or the highway smartest guy in the room affliction)

others are suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome for losing. it's familiar and comfortable.

I understand - being wrong isn't fun and change can be scary.

either way, I find it very illustrative.

There are a couple other possible answers:

Seems a couple people here might not be big fans of yours, so they’ll do just about anything to shit all over you when they can.

Another…when you watch HH play, there’s no doubt he needs a TON of work in many aspects of his game. Some people are having trouble seeing the necessary improvement as being realistically attainable.

I believe you’ve acknowledged both of these possibilities.

Another…when you watch HH play, there’s no doubt he needs a TON of work in many aspects of his game. Some people are having trouble seeing the necessary improvement as being realistically attainable.
Good point, and I think it's totally fair to NOT believe that Haarberg can be the guy next year and beyond. Where they lose me is not wanting to find out. I think a lot of fans love the idea of development but not the reality of it. I think that's why Rhule is sticking with him so far - not for what he is now but for what he could be.

"Our defense wouldn't be as good without the current DNA of our offense, primarily with the rushing attack."

- DC Tony White in his presser today
During the game it doesn't feel like they are rushing for a lot of yards but then at the end they have like 175-200 yards rushing. Their commitment (need) to keep running has been impressive.

An unbiased observer would say that there’s little or no gap between our QBs with Sims possibly having an advantage in the passing game. None of these guys would play for Michigan or OSU. Hell none of them would be on scholarship there.
how would you know?

you're as biased as it gets, pal

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Translation, we get a lot of practice against the run game because our QB struggles in the passing game.
translation:

we are playing complimentary football and it's working

your butt really hasn't stopped hurting, has it?

how would you know?

you're as biased as it gets, pal
No. I’ve seen Sims and Heinrich in this offense. Neither have been great. We’ve been able to beat patsies with our limitations in the passing game. Logically we would be better with a QB who is also better in the passing game to go with a run threat.

You’re the number one fan of Heinrich and that’s fine. Your bias is obvious though when you bristle at anybody who mentions weaknesses in the passing game. I’m not condemning him. I’ve stated multiple times that he should get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT