ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

He's not allowed to have an opinion? He's actually pretty good and watches a lot of practices. Just more conversation starter. You're welcome.

Yeah, everyone's allowed to have an opinion. And my opinion is that "journalist" is a hack. His "article" doesn't read much different than posts here. But, hey, I guess we live in a world where people can hang out a shingle on a website and pass themselves off as a journalist.

Yeah, everyone's allowed to have an opinion. And my opinion is that "journalist" is a hack. His "article" doesn't read much different than posts here. But, hey, I guess we live in a world where people can hang out a shingle on a website and pass themselves off as a journalist.
He doesn't try to be a journalist. He used to post on Huskermax, but their mod is an idiot. Because of his inside knowledge he started a blog. He's not a journo by any means. It would be like if one of us watched practice and had good info and got banned from here and people still wanted to hear from us.

He doesn't try to be a journalist. He used to post on Huskermax, but their mod is an idiot. Because of his inside knowledge he started a blog. He's not a journo by any means. It would be like if one of us watched practice and had good info and got banned from here and people still wanted to hear from us.

Ah, gotcha. That's why I asked in my first post. Makes sense now.

Huskermax is quite possibly the worst Husker site on the internet, so none of that surprises me. They take moderating to a whole new level. Just awful

Excellent performance from Haarberg in the first half today. Not perfect, but we could win a lot of games with him playing at that level.
Replying to myself, but unfortunately he has been as bad in the second half as he was good in the first. HH seems like a long strider who can run away from some guys when he has space to stretch his legs, but he's not a very decisive or evasive runner in traffic. Taylor Martinez had the same issue and he took some big shots from it too, but he also had an elite first step and would make Haarberg look slow in the open, especially before his injury against Mizzou. I'll return to my comparison to Jammal Lord, who would make guys miss in tight quarters.

Sadly Sims isn't any better, so Haarberg's still the best option. Inconsistency in a young player is certainly forgivable.

Edit to add: Still thrilled to win and close in on bowl eligibility. That's the most important thing.

Reactions: baseball31ne
5-3

5-1 in Haarberg's first 6 starts

not apologizing for any of it

on to Sparty! Great team W, boys!!

I’m glad we have HH, and I’m particularly pleased that he showed today that he can make defenses pay if they load up against the run. He has more in him than I originally thought.

He still has limitations. His ball security doesn’t help.

We still need to bring in another QB beyond just Kaelin. Have an open competition. Let the best man win.

Sims can be processed for all I care.

This is such a big part of why the leadership of the QB is so important. It's an intangible to the fans who don't know any better.. if something goes wrong, the team doesn't panic or fall apart. When you have a bad leader in there, things start falling apart, and not just for a game, but for the season too.

This is why HH is so important to the team and the season this year. He brings that intangible element to the game and it will continue to pay off for everyone.
We need to bring in at least two transfers. I think any QB that's playing well in a non-P5 conference or a quality backup at a P5 school should be able to see what an opportunity this is. The young receivers and all the quality TE talent has to also be an incentive.
And am I wrong for thinking Benhart played the worst of the OL today?

I’m glad we have HH, and I’m particularly pleased that he showed today that he can make defenses pay if they load up against the run. He has more in him than I originally thought.

He still has limitations. His ball security doesn’t help.

We still need to bring in another QB beyond just Kaelin. Have an open competition. Let the best man win.

Sims can be processed for all I care.
We need transfers that are of a proven quality. If this defense can carry over to next year and the young receivers and OL continue to grow it could be a great season.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
We need to bring in at least two transfers. I think any QB that's playing well in a non-P5 conference or a quality backup at a P5 school should be able to see what an opportunity this is. The young receivers and all the quality TE talent has to also be an incentive.
And am I wrong for thinking Benhart played the worst of the OL today?
Rhule or whomever the decision maker is for QB recruits needs to due a lot more diligence on who they go after in the first place. You don't want to be bringing in another loser.

I'd rather they find a hot shot Div 2 player with the right mindset than another Sims in the portal. They need to get strategic on the QB's and the RB's at a minimum. This is on top of the whole offensive line mess.

Then on top of all of that, at least 2 coaches on the offensive side need to be evaluated pretty strongly.

HH was 6-11 (two bad drops) for 122 and 2 TDs yesterday in a blowout win many here thought would be either close or a loss

he's going to be a force after a full offseason and a new OL coach bringing in transfers to protect him

the people calling for his job are clueless

HH was 6-11 (two bad drops) for 122 and 2 TDs yesterday in a blowout win many here thought would be either close or a loss

he's going to be a force after a full offseason and a new OL coach bringing in transfers to protect him

the people calling for his job are clueless
It’s highly likely that HH is QB1 at NU next year. It is also highly likely that Raiola is the OL coach at NU next year.

It’s highly likely that HH is QB1 at NU next year. It is also highly likely that Raiola is the OL coach at NU next year.
the first sentence I agree with, because that's what Rhule has done in has past 2 stops

the second goes against what Rhule has done in his past 2 stops, so I'll lean toward the trend

how people aren't over the moon about the potential diamond in the rough we have at QB just tells me they don't know what they're watching each week

Current version of HH no- hopefully another offseason changes that. Simms needs to go. Is Purdy just not capable of handing the ball off?

the first sentence I agree with, because that's what Rhule has done in has past 2 stops

the second goes against what Rhule has done in his past 2 stops, so I'll lean toward the trend

how people aren't over the moon about the potential diamond in the rough we have at QB just tells me they don't know what they're watching each week
Rhule never won this many games his first year at he other 2 stops.

He's a diamond in rough? He is damn good football player, he isn't a very good qb. He is the best option for this season, but that's a pretty low bar. Why wouldn't Rhule look to the portal for a better qb?

I think the staff can find someone better than HH next season.. But for now we roll with him and try to finish with a quality bowl game..

Sims definitely should not be considered in the future..
You try to recruit over our QB room but I have serious doubts that the portal is going to yield an immediate starter. I still believe we’re going to have to develop QBs.

But may not be accurate. Heinrich is just a young raw QB who does make some good deep throws at time. He put those short flat passes on the money too. He’s young. One has to think he’ll get better.
I don't disagree. But there'll be better options for next year in the portal.

Then again the more the team wins the harder it will be to unseat him as the the starter.

I don't disagree. But there'll be better options for next year in the portal.

Then again the more the team wins the harder it will be to unseat him as the the starter.
you sound upset about that second sentence.

poor johnny :(

You try to recruit over our QB room but I have serious doubts that the portal is going to yield an immediate starter. I still believe we’re going to have to develop QBs.
I’m not saying your wrong, but Kaelin isn’t that QB coming in as a true freshman.

And I’m not seeing any other QB being recruited for 2024 and their already recruiting 2025 QB’s, so more likely I think they go through the portal and hopefully find someone better than HH..

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT