ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

I’m not saying your wrong, but Kaelin isn’t that QB coming in as a true freshman.

And I’m not seeing any other QB being recruited for 2024 and their already recruiting 2025 QB’s, so more likely I think they go through the portal and hopefully find someone better than HH..
short-sighted even with all the NU history you've witnessed

ironic

can you tell the board who the last NU QB to start out 5-1 was?

I’m not saying your wrong, but Kaelin isn’t that QB coming in as a true freshman.

And I’m not seeing any other QB being recruited for 2024 and their already recruiting 2025 QB’s, so more likely I think they go through the portal and hopefully find someone better than HH..
You try. I’m not sure a “better QB” would find NU attractive just yet. Maybe the kid from South Dakota gets recruited over at OSU. Even then he probably wouldn’t come in until after spring ball. He would be a hot commodity if he bolts. I’m not sure the kid from KU offers more than Heinrich. Our best bet would probably be an FCS guy wanting to get paid or a young guy buried on a depth chart who sees NU as a chance to play a year or two from now.

Rhule was clear that he wanted to develop an office that integrated the QB run game. They recruited Sims for that reason. He didn’t work out. Haarberg is also a running quarterback. He is playing, and they are developing an offensive approach to maximize his success. His passing game is currently limited, but I wouldn’t say it’s a liability. And it can improve.
I think barring injury, HH is QB1 at NU for the remainder of his career.

You read things o
in whatever tone you want. I'm not the least bit upset. Huskers are winning games, things are looking up.

Sorry that bothers you. Poor kong.

I'm not really sorry.
awwwwww poor johnny :( mean ol' Haarberg is going to win too many games to lose his job to some fictitious transfer QB

and yes, I'd say a kid who played C1 high school ball and was buried on the depth chart by our last 2 head coaches now leading us to the top of the division standings is a diamond in the rough

awwwwww poor johnny :( mean ol' Haarberg is going to win too many games to lose his job to some fictitious transfer QB

and yes, I'd say a kid who played C1 high school ball and was buried on the depth chart by our last 2 head coaches now leading us to the top of the division standings is a diamond in the rough
Nobody is gonna be mad. You'll probably instigate a few arguments, but that's about it.
So predictable.

Nobody is doing that. You just lack critical thinking skills, which is why you are always instigating arguments.
you're saying next year's QB isn't on today's roster

and somehow that's not calling for our current starter's job?

got it. makes perfect sense. very logical, johnathan.

Michael Server saying the same exact thing too..

It makes sense if you can think critically.

Next season is a different season that has nothing to do with this season. HH is the best qb option for this season. There will be better options in the portal for next season.

Take a deep breath kong, you'll get the concept if you just think a little.

Nobody is doing that. You just lack critical thinking skills, which is why you are always instigating arguments.
I think the only team sport King has ever been involved with was debate. You dredge up every piece of minutia you can find to support a position no matter how wrong and continue the narrative for the duration. He has to work from home because there’s no way anybody would put up with him in an office setting. I pity his family.

I think the only team sport King has ever been involved with was debate. You dredge up every piece of minutia you can find to support a position no matter how wrong and continue the narrative for the duration. He has to work from home because there’s no way anybody would put up with him in an office setting. I pity his family.
says the blowhard who's never wrong about anything and constantly wants to beat people up

glad you're coming around on Haarberg, @dinglefritz

there's hope for you yet

It makes sense if you can think critically.

Next season is a different season that has nothing to do with this season. HH is the best qb option for this season. There will be better options in the portal for next season.

Take a deep breath kong, you'll get the concept if you just think a little.
I look forward to seeing which QBs you'd like to bring in during the offseason

we are 0-4 in the QB portal, with 2 of those guys ranking among the worst players in NU history

the team is winning behind HH. they're playing their asses off.

anyone who would just dismiss that and prefer start over next year is telling the world they know absolutely nothing about building a winning team

We're going to get a transfer QB. Purdy and Simms will transfer leaving us with only Kaelin and Haarberg. It's inevitable. Will he beat out Haarberg? We'll see. Good problem to have.
where will purdy & sims go?

each have already transferred once and will only have one year of eligibility left

the ncaa is cracking down on 2nd time transfers and neither have shown anything that would make them remotely desirable to someone else

I look forward to seeing which QBs you'd like to bring in during the offseason

we are 0-4 in the QB portal, with 2 of those guys ranking among the worst players in NU history

the team is winning behind HH. they're playing their asses off.

anyone who would just dismiss that and prefer start over next year is telling the world they know absolutely nothing about building a winning team
I didn't take the time to read the above. I just assume it's full of things that nobody actually said and Komg just made up so he could further an argument that nobody is actually making.

I didn't take the time to read the above. I just assume it's full of things that nobody actually said and Komg just made up so he could further an argument that nobody is actually making.
now you're so upset you can't even spell my name correctly

poor johnny :(

you should read it. because next season is not cut from whole cloth like you think it is, and everyone with an ounce of successful experience in the world knows it.

now you're so upset you can't even spell my name correctly

poor johnny :(

you should read it. because next season is not cut from whole cloth like you think it is, and everyone with an ounce of successful experience in the world knows it.
Didn't read this either. I'm sure though komg is trying really hard to twist things to fit his small minded narrative.

Didn't read this either. I'm sure though komg is trying really hard to twist things to fit his small minded narrative.
next year we will build on this year's success behind our starting quarterback.

you'll absolutely hate it.

More made up narratives from kong. He's just a dude yelling at the clouds for floating.
this is perhaps the most idiotic thing anyone's ever said about college football:

Next season is a different season that has nothing to do with this season.

you're right, johnathan. bowl practices aren't important. experience isn't important. growth isn't important.

every day is a brand new day.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

this is perhaps the most idiotic thing anyone's ever said about college football:

you're right, johnathan. bowl practices aren't important. experience isn't important. growth isn't important.

every day is a brand new day.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I know I'm right.

where will purdy & sims go?

each have already transferred once and will only have one year of eligibility left

the ncaa is cracking down on 2nd time transfers and neither have shown anything that would make them remotely desirable to someone else
If Sims did not come in as a grad transfer, then he has the option to transfer as a graduate student. We haven’t really seen Purdy play. By next season, Sims could be somewhere else or playing a different position, and Purdy essentially a veteran backup to Haarberg.

If Sims did not come in as a grad transfer, then he has the option to transfer as a graduate student. We haven’t really seen Purdy play. By next season, Sims could be somewhere else or playing a different position, and Purdy essentially a veteran backup to Haarberg.
do you think he will graduate in time?

and we've seen purdy play. there's a reason we don't see it anymore.

You read things o
in whatever tone you want. I'm not the least bit upset. Huskers are winning games, things are looking up.

Sorry that bothers you. Poor kong.

I'm not really sorry.

im-sorry-not-sorry.gif

this is the guy so many morons want on the bench as soon as possible:

But know this about the sophomore from Kearney, Neb.: Haarberg took a shot under the chin as he rolled toward the Purdue sideline early in the fourth quarter with Nebraska ahead 24-0. Haarberg never saw the defender coming, though he sure did feel that hit from 260-pound linebacker Kydran Jenkins.

Somehow, Haarberg held onto the football and got up. On the next play, he fumbled on a QB keeper. When Haarberg jogged to the sideline, blood seeped from the mouth. Trainers couldn’t stop the bleeding.

When Purdue cashed the turnover three plays later into a touchdown — and after Jeff Sims entered and lost a fourth-and-1 fumble that the Boilermakers took for a 55-yard scoop-and-score touchdown — Haarberg, bloody mouth and all, directed the Huskers on a six-play, 48-yard drive to ice the win.

Running back Emmett Johnson did most of the work. He covered the final 28 yards on a downhill run, much to the delight of Rhule. But Haarberg’s presence in the huddle and his courage to play through pain helped light the path to victory that Nebraska needed.

“We knew this season was going to be a bloodbath,” Haarberg said. “We’ve got stuff that we’ve got to fix. We talk about it every week. But we did a better job today, just doing the little stuff better. So I think as we continue to grow this season, as we get into this later part of the season, we’re built to succeed.”

Rhule never won this many games his first year at he other 2 stops.

He's a diamond in rough? He is damn good football player, he isn't a very good qb. He is the best option for this season, but that's a pretty low bar. Why wouldn't Rhule look to the portal for a better qb?
Who is saying he won’t look in the portal?

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
@King_kong seems to think that way.
From what I have seen he seems skeptical we’ll find anyone better assuming Haarberg continues to develop.

To me the portal seems overblown as far its potential to be a cure-all, especially at the QB position. Less so than at the NFL level, but there just aren’t that many good QBs. So it doesn’t seem a given there will be decent let alone good options — and for those ones there will be a lot of competition. Last offseason we got Scott at C (who had a Nebraska connection luckily) but we missed out on a number of other decent transfers we went after, probably because of our recent struggles. But of course we should still try. I just have lower expectations for it.

The kind of portal QB people would salivate over aren’t coming to a team where the QB gets hit so hard he’s bleeding from the mouth. I’d be recruiting durable kids with passing skills that can be polished. This offense should attract better RB talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT