ADVERTISEMENT

HOL radio on no bowl

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
According to the discussion it sounds like there was a lack of interest in playing in a bowl game from the OL room and they may have been shorthanded for a bowl game

Reactions: t7w0c1
Wouldn’t surprise me from the Sr’s (Wilson, Farniok, Gaylord).

Wouldn’t surprise me from the Sr’s (Wilson, Farniok, Gaylord).
It wasn't lack of interest, it was injuries. Injuries would have also been a major problem at another position, the one almost everyone considers the most important on any football team.

Reactions: headcard
It wasn't lack of interest, it was injuries. Injuries would have also been a major problem at another position, the one almost everyone considers the most important on any football team.
I wondered if QB injuries played a role. It will be very interesting to hear how serious AM’s and/or LM’s injuries are.

Well continue to make sure the qb gets the bulk of the carries.
I loved the way we ran the ball against Rutgers. I think that style of play with a lot of option and zone read is our best path forward. But we have to have QB depth to do it.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I loved the way we ran the ball against Rutgers. I think that style of play with a lot of option and zone read is our best path forward. But we have to have QB depth to do it.
Can't disagree with you at all. Nebraska has always been rather shallow at the qb position except for Tommy & Brooke. Luke just isn't what I would call physical looking to take the pounding. We know about AM2 injuries and it sounds like the freshman came in injured and spent the year getting healthy.

Reactions: headcard
According to the discussion it sounds like there was a lack of interest in playing in a bowl game from the OL room and they may have been shorthanded for a bowl game
Sounded like the defense wanted to play and the OL and a “leader” on the offensive side were vocal about not wanting to play. Only 1st and 2nd teamers allowed to vote.

They made some good points that it’s a bad look nationally to turn down playing after you literally sued the conference to play football. On the other hand, the point was made that if the team’s heart wasn’t in playing then the performance may have been worse.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Sounded like the defense wanted to play and the OL and a “leader” on the offensive side were vocal about not wanting to play. Only 1st and 2nd teamers allowed to vote.

They made some good points that it’s a bad look nationally to turn down playing after you literally sued the conference to play football. On the other hand, the point was made that if the team’s heart wasn’t in playing then the performance may have been worse.

Does the leader rhyme with KMart?

Kind of pathetic. All teams have injuries, all teams have young guys. Play the young guys, who cares, the season don’t matter anyway. Frost is a phony!

Hey guys. Responding to trolls gives them energy. Your response, no matter what you say, implies that you’re at least slightly annoyed by their comment. That’s exactly why they come here. If they never received a response they’d give it up.

The ignore button is underutilized by many on this board

I'm not sure if it could possibly be anyone else. How could you say "leader of the offense" and have it not be the starting QB? Besides that, I think back to that one long run Martinez had where he just gave up on finishing that run and navigated 15 yards sideways to get out of bounds and avoid a hit. Martinez was pretty banged up and bruised that last game.

Kind of a cheap shot. Martinez has more guts and toughness than you or I could ever hope to have. He puts it all on the line every time he steps on the field, as do all these young college kids. Did you really want to play a bowl game with no backups in the O-line and Matt Masker at QB? Cuz that's what would have happened.

Kind of a cheap shot. Martinez has more guts and toughness than you or I could ever hope to have. He puts it all on the line every time he steps on the field, as do all these young college kids. Did you really want to play a bowl game with no backups in the O-line and Matt Masker at QB? Cuz that's what would have happened.

Why would have Matt Maker started the bowl game if played?
Was aware of McCaffery being out but never heard 2AM wouldn’t be able to participate....

As for Smothers We don’t know how many snaps he took during the shorten fall season do to getting his ribs broken his Senior H.S playoffs...

Reactions: Hoboken Joe
I'm not sure if it could possibly be anyone else. How could you say "leader of the offense" and have it not be the starting QB? Besides that, I think back to that one long run Martinez had where he just gave up on finishing that run and navigated 15 yards sideways to get out of bounds and avoid a hit. Martinez was pretty banged up and bruised that last game.
Martinez is a good athlete, and does what he's asked to do, but doesn't lead his unit.

Hopefully some of our underclassmen step into that role next year.

Why would have Matt Maker started the bowl game if played?
Was aware of McCaffery being out but never heard 2AM wouldn’t be able to participate....
Guess he's of the opinion that Martinez would have watched from home if the team was playing in a bowl game this week. If McCaffrey was still out, that would leave Masker.

Guess he's of the opinion that Martinez would have watched from home if the team was playing in a bowl game this week. If McCaffrey was still out, that would leave Masker.

That’s Ridiculous opinion that Martinez would spend watching the game at home instead of actually playing..

Frost said Smothers was ready. And my Comment wasn’t intended as a cheap shot. I simply asked for confirmation as to who was the ring leader in the decision. By the way you know nothing about me so don’t talk about toughness to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT