ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday Thread

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
It’s finally here! Luckily no drama for the Huskers after lots of bid thieves yesterday. That Indiana win was SO important this week. Any predictions on seed and location? I say 8 seed in Charlotte.
Also, will the university have any travel packages for fans available? My dad and I are going. I know they do that sort of thing for Bowl games

Reactions: king_kong_
Opening up PBA for free at 6pm for the women's selection show. No concessions.

I'm mildly surprised it's not open a little earlier for the men's selection show as well, although I understand the men's team not being able to attend it themselves.

Wow. Lots of fan support plus potentially The Mayor vs ISU in round 2. That would generate some serious attention. Probably won't happen though. Lol

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Unfortunately I think we missed that opportunity yesterday. Sucks
That opportunity would’ve only presented itself with a 31-0 record

Our non-con strength of schedule is outside the top 320 (you read that right)

Can’t happen again moving forward

• Wow
Reactions: Huskers123456
NET 33
KenPom 29
23-10
Finished 3rd in the B1G

Where would you seed this team?
Between 7-10

If we’d played maybe 3 more teams with a pulse (top 70) in the non-con we’d have a shot at a 5, where Indiana was last year with an identical conf record

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

If we would have beaten Illinois yesterday we would be a 7 seed. Lunardi had us a 7 before the game. But as usual you know it all . I

Reactions: scarletred

All things considered, why can’t that happen again? Nearly the top finish to a regular season in program history. I have typically been a fan of tougher non-cons as well

Reactions: mgbreis
Taking schedule under consideration 7th seed.
Thing that sucks is it’s probably nobody’s fault in our own AD

Going into the season, the way the system sets up there’s no reason for anyone remotely good to schedule us

A lose-lose proposition

Hopefully we can parlay this year’s success into a November tournament invite and actually put a nice non-con resume together

I liked the strategy. Go get some wins and build confidence. Worked well… but I do agree to go out and play better teams next season.

All things considered, why can’t that happen again? Nearly the top finish to a regular season in program history. I have typically been a fan of tougher non-cons as well
Really reduces margin for error

Big ten is as bad as I’ve ever seen it this year

A lot broke our way

With a tougher non-con, the committee becomes more forgiving and it gives you more paths to make the field

I liked the strategy. Go get some wins and build confidence. Worked well… but I do agree to go out and play better teams next season.
I don’t know that it was a strategy as much as a reflection of a low-rpi program’s limited scheduling options within the confines of this metric-driven system

Quad 3/4 wins are meaningless while quad 3/4 losses are a killer. And coming into the season we were a quad 3/4 team.

No top 100 team is signing up for that of their own volition

Reactions: ATX Husker
Really reduces margin for error

Big ten is as bad as I’ve ever seen it this year

A lot broke our way

With a tougher non-con, the committee becomes more forgiving and it gives you more paths to make the field
Michigan State is a perfect example. Look at their Non conference schedule. I’m

Reactions: king_kong_
Opening up PBA for free at 6pm for the women's selection show. No concessions.

I'm mildly surprised it's not open a little earlier for the men's selection show as well, although I understand the men's team not being able to attend it themselves.

Why can't the men's team attend?

Really unfortunate they aren't doing one for the men.

Thing that sucks is it’s probably nobody’s fault in our own AD

Going into the season, the way the system sets up there’s no reason for anyone remotely good to schedule us

A lose-lose proposition

Hopefully we can parlay this year’s success into a November tournament invite and actually put a nice non-con resume together
Yea Trev’s fault the B1G wasn’t strong this year..🙄

Reactions: leodisflowers
Why can't the men's team attend?

Really unfortunate they aren't doing one for the men.
I don't really know, but it feels a bit like they don't want to. I'm not sure they're in the mood to celebrate, I think they're all business and want to be quiet and get back to work. I know they're planning to gather at Fred's house.

Between 7-10

If we’d played maybe 3 more teams with a pulse (top 70) in the non-con we’d have a shot at a 5, where Indiana was last year with an identical conf record
They went with a soft non-con schedule so they could rack up early wins and avoid another 5-5 or 4-6 start. It worked but now some people can’t understand the affect on our seeding.

Ha in this case I honestly don’t think so

It is next to impossible to schedule a good non-con on your own as a projected plucky quad 3/4 team
“Below 320”. Another AD would have done better. Trev’s fault. GBR!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT