ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl isn’t what it use to be.

ah, the good ole Culligan Holiday Bowl

51djoih9o0b71.gif

Last edited:
I

I miss the ol' Pacific Life Holiday Bowl where we whooped Arizona.
Also luv the one when BYU whipped Michigan and the skanked out winning the national title..

Think about that.. ohh yea and Barry Sanders great game against Wyoming..

Some of you FVCK’s where still in your diapers when these great Holiday games were played..

Also luv the one when BYU whipped Michigan and the skanked out winning the national title..

Think about that.. ohh yea and Barry Sanders great game against Wyoming..

Some of you FVCK’s where still in your diapers when these great Holiday games were played..
Hey buddy, haha. I was -4 YO, but I do know BYU was a NC once...

Reactions: scarletred
Back in its day this bowl was one of the best bowl games to watch before New Year’s Day..

Now the game is played in a baseball stadium with both teams on the same damn sideline.😩
Great post!! Ya, the Holiday Bowl was awesome. I remember BYU's air attack under Lavell Edwards was the bomb!!!! I think BYU played in many of the first 15 Holiday Bowls.

Déjà vu 22years ago
The whorns beat Washington 47-43 in one of the best non New Years 6 bowl games.

Five more days they’ll be playing to get in the National title game..

Back in its day this bowl was one of the best bowl games to watch before New Year’s Day..

Now the game is played in a baseball stadium with both teams on the same damn sideline.😩
Not correct. They're on opposite sides

It used to be Pac 10 #2 vs Big 12 #3, right?
I hate seeing the deterioration of the Bowls... It was such a fun thing back in the day.

Things change I guess. Kids today probably couldn't imagine going back to the old system. The Playoffs are great but I'll always have a place in my heart for the old ways.

The Holiday Bowl has always been one of my favorite bowls to watch. Alamo Bowl too. Maybe it’s the historic big 12 ties, I don’t know. Now that the playoff is expanding bowls, like the Alamo and the Holiday are going to start getting the bottom tier of the power five conferences (the teams that get to 6-7, maybe 8 wins) these bowls will never be the same again.

I hate seeing the deterioration of the Bowls... It was such a fun thing back in the day.

Things change I guess. Kids today probably couldn't imagine going back to the old system. The Playoffs are great but I'll always have a place in my heart for the old ways.
I agree. I have so many great memories of being home for the holidays from school and watching all the bowl games I could with my dad. The teams cared. They wanted it. It’s not the same now but damn I miss it.

Yes. Wild west bowl season is better. Its what built cfb.
The current system sucks ass

Louisville already giving up twice as many points to half of USCs starters as they did FSU 😆😆😆

ACC is a G5 conference

Holiday Bowl was great. Easily one of the more exciting bowls year in and year out back in the day. Obviously they got lucky a lot of years with those match ups..but they produced a very entertaining game.

At least the scoring in the game is like the old fashion Holiday bowl..
Typical Lincoln Riley offense airing it out..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT