ADVERTISEMENT

The Names of the Bowl Games

Avocados From Mexico Cure Bowl. And that is a typical name. Who takes pride in that trophy? Who doesn't snicker seeing it in the display case?
The Pip Tart Bowl is an all name classic 🙄. Was that the old Citrus Bowl?

The Pop Tarts Bowl actually has a pop tart mascot. It looks like it was sewn together with found blankets by the local women's auxiliary. 🤣

I think it used to be the Cheez Its Bowl.

Reactions: scarletred
K-State fans are beaming about winning the Pop Tarts Bowl.

That's five-star dining in Manhattan, Kansas.

Reactions: zrob
I mean c'mon. Gronk is so 2021, right?
STARCO BRANDS LA BOWL HOSTED BY GRONK

gronk.gif

I miss the Duck Commander Bowl. Not coincidentally, Husker football (and college football in general) began its steep decline after its glorious 1-year licensing run was ended.

The reality is the bowls were already on life support and at this point every game that isn't a playoff game is a waste of time. Players opt out, enter the transfer portal and you see rosters of backups playing each other. Fan interest in these stupid games is close to nil. They are glorified scrimmages between teams trying to adjust to new rosters.
How much actual money does the Pop Tart bowl generate when all the travel costs are factored in? Does the coaching time needed for a game like that really benefit the program more than having coaches entirely focused on recruiting in Dec? I don't honestly think NU lost anything in retrospect. Injured players have more time to rehab and other players avoid possible injuries in a silly scrimmage.

Need to only have enough bowls for 8 win teams or better.

But they are all going to be gone soon, along with conference title games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT