ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday I watched the best women's basketball player I have ever seen

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
I am just going to say up front that I have not watched a lot of women's basketball over the years. That all changed yesterday with the 2024 edition of the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship. I have never seen one female player dominate the game as effortlessly as I did yesterday. I feel comfortable using the term "transcendental talent" when describing this young woman...and her name you might ask?

#10 for South Carolina, your 2024 NCAA Women's Basketball National Champions.

Offense, defense, rebounding, INTIMIDATION of Iowa Hawkeye ladies. She had it all.

It is very rare to hear of a basketball team going undefeated during an entire season, but #10 for South Carolina led her team to just that. So as we bid farewell to the college basketball season, let us take an updated look at the University of Iowa's trophy cabinet:

Qt2gKxh.jpeg

I am just going to say up front that I have not watched a lot of women's basketball over the years. That all changed yesterday with the 2024 edition of the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship. I have never seen one female player dominate the game as effortlessly as I did yesterday. I feel comfortable using the term "transcendental talent" when describing this young woman...and her name you might ask?

Offense, defense, rebounding, INTIMIDATION of Iowa Hawkeye ladies. She had it all.

It is very rare to hear of a basketball team going undefeated during an entire season, but #10 for South Carolina led her team to just that. So as we bid farewell to the college basketball season, let us take an updated look at the University of Iowa's trophy cabinet:

Qt2gKxh.jpeg
Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

We knew something was up in the Midwest last summer when 92,003 packed a stadium for a Husker Volleyball game and then the Hawkeyes put tens of thousands into a stadium for Iowa women's Basketball. The Husker & Hawkeye teams sold out arenas and broke TV viewership records in their respective sports all along the way.
--------------------

"South Carolina-Iowa title game shatters women’s college basketball ratings record. ...averaged 18.7 million viewers, peaking at 24 million...

It was also the most watched basketball game – including NBA and WNBA – since 2019, according to ESPN." --CNN

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
We knew something was up in the Midwest last summer when 92,003 packed a stadium for a Husker Volleyball game and then the Hawkeyes put tens of thousands into a stadium for Iowa women's Basketball. The Husker & Hawkeye teams sold out arenas and broke TV viewership records in their respective sports all along the way.
--------------------

"South Carolina-Iowa title game shatters women’s college basketball ratings record. ...averaged 18.7 million viewers, peaking at 24 million...

It was also the most watched basketball game – including NBA and WNBA – since 2019, according to ESPN." --CNN
Whoa hang on big fella. How is 50000 a sell out in ia city

Whoa hang on big fella. How is 50000 a sell out in ia city
It's not but still very impressive. 50,000 you say? That's about what I thought Huskers VB would pull at Memorial Stadium, fairly easily. Something more than Caitlin Clark happened in women's collegiate sports this past year.

I have zero emotion invested in women's college basketball

as such, I don't have to go on a mental gymnastics crusade to refuse to acknowledge Caitlin Clark is a remarkable athlete

in fact, if the Iowa message boards were making constant threads about a Nebraska Volleyball player, it would be quite pathetic

I have zero emotion invested in women's college basketball

as such, I don't have to go on a mental gymnastics crusade to refuse to acknowledge Caitlin Clark is a remarkable athlete

in fact, if the Iowa message boards were making constant threads about a Nebraska Volleyball player, it would be quite pathetic
But even if they were, how would we know?

100%

which is why having multiple threads about them is cringe

This was not a thread about Iowa. It was about the best female basketball player in the country and your 2024 Women's Basketball NCAA Champs, the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Qt2gKxh.jpeg
So great you don't even know her name. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT