ADVERTISEMENT

Stopping by to say Hello on Game Week!!!!!

Hawkman34

Mar 17, 2002
Howdy Huskers, Just wanted to stop by with this being our game week. I thought I would throw out a couple of things to join in the conversation.

I have always said that we need the Huskers to get back to where they once were. With the West being SO BAD, we need a REALLY good team to rise up and compete again the best teams of the East....not just make the Championship. I FREAKING HATE the East and it would be great to see the Huskers make it to the Championship and beat the crap out of the East team (Of course, I would love it if the Hawks to do that too.) Lets hope you find the coach to do that.

This weeks game should go down to the wire. Your Defense played good for most of yesterday and if we can't run the ball or if Brian doesn't call a decent game, we are in trouble. Plus your Offense scares me.

I was on the road earlier this week and they were talking about the 10 programs that would be considered "Blue Bloods" in College football. The Huskers were one of them listed. That is what I would love for them to say about Iowa one day......but not ever going to hold my breath. Honestly, I am just happy when we are able to make a bowl game....and maybe win it. It is sad that I find myself satisfied with that.

Question for the group - Do you think the BIG should get rid of the Divisions? I don't. If you put USC and UCLA in the West and move say...NW to the East...that would give each Division 3 Blue Bloods to work around - WEST - USC, UCLA & HUSKERS / EAST - MICHIGAN, OSU & PSU. Thoughts?

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING AND HERE IS TO A GOOD GAME!!!

Thanks for your time and well whishes, OP. You show humbleness, responsible fanaticism, maturity and class. Now, with those traits you are the perfect individual to go back to your own message forum and ask the trolls from your fan base to not waste their time here. It's sad to watch them ruin your good reputation by being a-holes on an opponents forum. Good luck to your team on Friday.

GBR

Howdy Huskers, Just wanted to stop by with this being our game week. I thought I would throw out a couple of things to join in the conversation.

I have always said that we need the Huskers to get back to where they once were. With the West being SO BAD, we need a REALLY good team to rise up and compete again the best teams of the East....not just make the Championship. I FREAKING HATE the East and it would be great to see the Huskers make it to the Championship and beat the crap out of the East team (Of course, I would love it if the Hawks to do that too.) Lets hope you find the coach to do that.

This weeks game should go down to the wire. Your Defense played good for most of yesterday and if we can't run the ball or if Brian doesn't call a decent game, we are in trouble. Plus your Offense scares me.

I was on the road earlier this week and they were talking about the 10 programs that would be considered "Blue Bloods" in College football. The Huskers were one of them listed. That is what I would love for them to say about Iowa one day......but not ever going to hold my breath. Honestly, I am just happy when we are able to make a bowl game....and maybe win it. It is sad that I find myself satisfied with that.

Question for the group - Do you think the BIG should get rid of the Divisions? I don't. If you put USC and UCLA in the West and move say...NW to the East...that would give each Division 3 Blue Bloods to work around - WEST - USC, UCLA & HUSKERS / EAST - MICHIGAN, OSU & PSU. Thoughts?

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING AND HERE IS TO A GOOD GAME!!!

buh-bye-buh-bye-gif.gif

After this years CCG and last year’s you will know why it’s not a good decision to have divisions…
Divisions are fine if you have evenly matched divisions. West has been hot garbage since the beginning. You also have to realign if necessary but the shit 10 is too big on their traditions.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Thank you OP for the gracious greeting! Unfortunately we are outmanned and I wish the stakes were bigger for our team. The best that I can hope the Huskers leave it all on the field and make a good game.

I don’t think they should do away with divisions. If they do, expect OSU, USC, or Michigan to always be playing in the CCG.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Thanks for your time and well whishes, OP. You show humbleness, responsible fanaticism, maturity and class. Now, with those traits you are the perfect individual to go back to your own message forum and ask the trolls from your fan base to not waste their time here. It's sad to watch them ruin your good reputation by being a-holes on an opponents forum. Good luck to your team on Friday.

GBR
OPs post is a shining example of how Iowa fans should behave. I highly doubt that is truly an Iowa fan as I’ve never met one with self awareness. I will say Iowa fans have always been harmless in person, something about hiding behind a screen makes them spout ignorance.

OP if you’re truly an Iowa fan, you’ll be able to answer this question, when was the last time Iowa won a conference title and finished in the top 5 in the same season??

Thank you OP for the gracious greeting! Unfortunately we are outmanned and I wish the stakes were bigger for our team. The best that I can hope the Huskers leave it all on the field and make a good game.

I don’t think they should do away with divisions. If they do, expect OSU, USC, or Michigan to always be playing in the CCG.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!
I agree...if they do away with Divisions you will have Mich and OSU play their final game and then turning around and playing again in the Championship a lot of the time. BTW, I want SO bad for both our teams to be good at the same time so that our Black Friday game takes on more meaning. Problem is, when you guys are good, we will probably suck even worse. ARGH!!

OPs post is a shining example of how Iowa fans should behave. I highly doubt that is truly an Iowa fan as I’ve never met one with self awareness. I will say Iowa fans have always been harmless in person, something about hiding behind a screen makes them spout ignorance.

OP if you’re truly an Iowa fan, you’ll be able to answer this question, when was the last time Iowa won a conference title and finished in the top 5 in the same season??
I really am a lifelong Iowa fan. But, I am not one of those trolls that most every fanbase has. I do know we have our share and I freaking hate it. Ugh

As far as your question.....this has NOT happened in my lifetime (50+ years). But a guy can dream can't he. :)

I really am a lifelong Iowa fan. But, I am not one of those trolls that most every fanbase has. I do know we have our share and I freaking hate it. Ugh

As far as your question.....this has NOT happened in my lifetime (50+ years). But a guy can dream can't he. :)
I understand Nebraska football has some very enviable accomplishments, if Iowa fans would just accept that their envy has driven their bad behavior towards Nebraska fans we’d all be better off. BTW, you’re correct every fan base has some bad trolls, however, when it comes to Nebraska, Iowa has an absurd number of dirtbags.

I understand Nebraska football has some very enviable accomplishments, if Iowa fans would just accept that their envy has driven their bad behavior towards Nebraska fans we’d all be better off. BTW, you’re correct every fan base has some bad trolls, however, when it comes to Nebraska, Iowa has an absurd number of dirtbags.
Honestly, I have never understood the issues that some of the fans have. There is a lot to respect about the Husker program. I would kill to be able to talk about Iowa having recent National Championships...but not likely to happen. And, I have met a lot of Huskers fans and they are all great people. I think you would find the same with Iowa fans in person. Now Gopher and Illini fans?! That is a different story. :)

Reactions: IowaTaterHead
I agree...if they do away with Divisions you will have Mich and OSU play their final game and then turning around and playing again in the Championship a lot of the time. BTW, I want SO bad for both our teams to be good at the same time so that our Black Friday game takes on more meaning. Problem is, when you guys are good, we will probably suck even worse. ARGH!!
Unfortunately for you, if Nebraska returns to our definition of good, your standard will be irrelevant.

Unfortunately for you, if Nebraska returns to our definition of good, your standard will be irrelevant.
Well, only irrelevant to you as a Husker fan. I do not believe the Hawks relevance is dependent on if/when you guys returns to your definition of "good". The only teams relevant to me as a Hawk fan are those that we play that week and that are in front of us in the standings. I would assume it is the same with you as a Husker fan. And, that really is the way it should be as a fan. For us, it will all depend on who the Hawks get to lead them after Kirk retires. If it is Brian....we are SCREWED. Now, my hope is that we can both be relevant at the same time. I am just thrilled to make it to BIG Championship occasionally (or even back in this year) as I do know we won't compete for a Natty in my life time...if ever.

Well, only irrelevant to you as a Husker fan. I do not believe the Hawks relevance is dependent on if/when you guys returns to your definition of "good". The only teams relevant to me as a Hawk fan are those that we play that week and that are in front of us in the standings. I would assume it is the same with you as a Husker fan. And, that really is the way it should be as a fan. For us, it will all depend on who the Hawks get to lead them after Kirk retires. If it is Brian....we are SCREWED. Now, my hope is that we can both be relevant at the same time. I am just thrilled to make it to BIG Championship occasionally (or even back in this year) as I do know we won't compete for a Natty in my life time...if ever.
Here's hoping we can solidify Brian's future on Friday by making him look like Andy Reid is calling plays. We're gonna lose anyway, so we might as well doom Iowa while we're at it. Head Coach Brian Ferentz! It has a ring to it.

You are correct that you won't ever compete for a championship, we have won 3 in my lifetime, 5 overall and we expect more. That's the main difference between us as fanbases.

Here's hoping we can solidify Brian's future on Friday by making him look like Andy Reid is calling plays. We're gonna lose anyway, so we might as well doom Iowa while we're at it. Head Coach Brian Ferentz! It has a ring to it.
At this point I think Humpty Dumpty could coach Iowa and beat Nebraska.

Reactions: 9and4
That is funny. ;)

Reactions: 9and4
You are correct that you won't ever compete for a championship, we have won 3 in my lifetime, 5 overall and we expect more. That's the main difference between us as fanbases.
Well, I don't want to say never with regard to the Hawks. I DO want us to compete for a Natty as most Hawk fans also want. We do have them....it has just be so long ago. So, I am just trying to be realistic...which is what I think most fanbases not named Alabama, Georgia, LSU and USC should be.........

I can appreciate the respectful entrance but you pretty much lost credibility with that statement.
I honestly think you guys have the talent on Offense to put up great numbers. I have not watched any of your games, but is it the O-line (like us) that it the issue? I mean.....you have WAY more talent then we do at WR alone.

Well, I don't want to say never with regard to the Hawks. I DO want us to compete for a Natty as most Hawk fans also want. We do have them....it has just be so long ago. So, I am just trying to be realistic...which is what I think most fanbases not named Alabama, Georgia, LSU and USC should be.........
I’m confused, Iowa fans can hope to win or at least play for a NC even though Iowa footballs most recent “claim” to a NC was 60 plus years ago, but Nebraska fans are “delusional” for hoping for the same thing and Nebraska football actually has a legit NC 25 years ago….you Iowa turds are hypocritical idiots.

I watched the majority of the game.

Did Garrett Nelson every come back in?

If I remember correctly he got dinged up and left the field.

As for thoughts on the game, no clue.

With our offense I don't feel safe about ANY game.

I for one, appreciate respectful interactions with fans of other teams. Unfortunately, there are so many who want to turn it negative. Bottom line is, we are all Americans who love college football. Nothing more, nothing less. Why can't we keep it respectful? Btw, this is directed at the members of this board.

Brian Ferentz is Humpty Dumpty daddy isn’t smart enough to see it..
and yet they keep winning and winning and winning and winning (and I'm not even talking about the piss pounding of your team for years now) and on verge of back-to-back B1G division titles. I get the frustration and mean spirited posts of many here, I'd be frustrated and angry too.

and yet they keep winning and winning and winning and winning (and I'm not even talking about the piss pounding of your team for years now) and on verge of back-to-back B1G division titles. I get the frustration and mean spirited posts of many here, I'd be frustrated and angry too.
what's your best win in the last 5 years?

what's feerentz's biggest post season win?

tell me about all this winning

Iowa has been the tallest midget potentially 3 times since 2015, come on, act like you’ve been there before….

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
keep winning and winning and winning and division titles. 3 of them now in the last 7 years. Winning and winning and winning.
2 very simple questions, simpleton

why no answer?

come on! we want to hear about all the winning! at Nebraska, we love talking about winning! (you know this, of course, because you read every word written here)

best win in the last 5 years? frerentz's best post season win? let's hear it!

I heard you guys beat ohiost one time - that had to have been AMAZING omg

Reactions: scarletred
Keep telling yourself that as a mechanism to ease your pain. But the fact is it's your reality.
Please reply with facts, how many conferences championships does Iowa have since 1961?? How many top 5 finishes since 1961?? Those answers will tell you what you need to know about Iowa football.

Please reply with facts, how many conferences championships does Iowa have since 1961?? How many top 5 finishes since 1961?? Those answers will tell you what you need to know about Iowa football.
wait, what??

what about all this winning (and winning and winning)?

surely all that winning has resulted in... well, something?

wait, what??

what about all this winning (and winning and winning)?

surely all that winning has resulted in... well, something?
Surely a member of the vaunted bigten, a P5 conference, would finish as a top 5 team if they win a conference championship right??

Nebraska has a storied history and I can understand why you are so proud of that and wish for those days to return. Best of luck in that endeavor but with the current landscape I don't know if that will ever happen for you? Having a small population like Iowa and Nebraska, the recruiting disadvantages are tough to overcome. Look at all the talent in the Michigan/Ohio area compared to our area of the midwest. Sure you can pull in a few highly rated players with NIL money but can you stack a roster like the top teams do? Your history and past championships are great to reflect on but most high school athletes have never seen a good Nebraska team in their lifetimes. Maybe it can be done but it just seems like the environment has changed and the power lies in the sun belt and high population/fertile recruiting ground states. If you can pull it off you could show other small population areas how it can be done. Maybe there will be hope for us all!

Look at the last 15 years of football and tell me whose won more. 15 years--now 5 years, not 10 years, try 15 years. I'll await your answer. HINT: Iowa has 21 more games over the past 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT