ADVERTISEMENT

Juco WR N- Hayes Miller

You have to admire how different and ballsy Rhule's recruiting approach is compared with other past Nebraska coaches. He doesn't worry about roster limits even when the position group already seems full/stacked.
Yes, we were always on probation. Ha.
With NIL, portal etc. just keep adding.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Depth always helps, as recent years of injuries has shown!
Rhule has said he would take a 150 man roster. Apparently he wasn’t kidding. I suspect there are more walk ons leaving for FCS scholarship opportunities and shots at playing than we know about.

He goes from. JUCO where he’s probably paying his way to a PWO at NU where I think we’re paying at least part of his cost of attendance.
So, are saying he wasn't even good enough for Coffeyville to give him a scholie but now, after 3 catches, he is material for the Huskers?

Edit: I can't find info if he was on scholarship at Coffeyville or not. From what I could find, he played one year, three games, had three catches and had a growth spurt. Coffeyville is not a powerhouse in football.

Last edited:
So, are saying he wasn't even good enough for Coffeyville to give him a scholie but now, after 3 catches, he is material for the Huskers?

Edit: I can't find info if he was on scholarship at Coffeyville or not. From what I could find, he played one year, three games, had three catches and had a growth spurt. Coffeyville is not a powerhouse in football.
I think what’s being said is if we didn’t use a scholarship on him then this doesn’t hurt us. He may never pan out, but if he does, we got him on the cheap.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Coffeyville didn’t used to offer scholarships. I’m assuming most JUCO players are paying their own way. That might be wrong.

Coffeyville didn’t used to offer scholarships. I’m assuming most JUCO players are paying their own way. That might be wrong.
Huh? https://amp.kansas.com/sports/article109538887.html

Coffeyville has been a Jayhawks member forever and they were, at one time, one of the premiere CC systems in the Nation. Schools I worked at had many kids given scholarships in athletics, cheerleading, dance and related activities.

Reactions: huntered
Huh? https://amp.kansas.com/sports/article109538887.html

Coffeyville has been a Jayhawks member forever and they were, at one time, one of the premiere CC systems in the Nation. Schools I worked at had many kids given scholarships in athletics, cheerleading, dance and related activities.

Full rides? I don’t open links on here. Yeah Doane offered football “scholarships” back in the day too but those didn’t remotely cover the cost of attendance. My mistake if CCC is offering full scholarships.

Full rides? I don’t open links on here. Yeah Doane offered football “scholarships” back in the day too but those didn’t remotely cover the cost of attendance. My mistake if CCC is offering full scholarships.
I think the best juco football programs can offer as many as 85 full rides although not all schools offer that many. In basketball, it is 10 for D-1 juco and six for D-2 juco. And schools are allowed to divide those scholarships. Some schools might have full squad of players on full rides. Other schools have just as many kids on the sideline but some of them may be on partials. And that is why some schools dominate and other programs struggle. If anyone close that situation knows better, feel free to weigh in!

I think the best juco football programs can offer as many as 85 full rides although not all schools offer that many. In basketball, it is 10 for D-1 juco and six for D-2 juco. And schools are allowed to divide those scholarships. Some schools might have full squad of players on full rides. Other schools have just as many kids on the sideline but some of them may be on partials. And that is why some schools dominate and other programs struggle. If anyone close that situation knows better, feel free to weigh in!
Times have changed.

there is and will never be anything wrong with building relationships in the Jayhawk League

home to some great players in all 3 major sports

Reactions: huntered
It has been that way for a long time. If you don't want to open a link, look it up yourself, took about 2 minutes.
I’ll take your word for it. So your position then is that a scholarship at Coffeyville is the same as the cost of attendance for a walk on at Nebraska?

I’ll take your word for it. So your position then is that a scholarship at Coffeyville is the same as the cost of attendance for a walk on at Nebraska?
Did I say that? No, you said there were no scholarships at the CC level so what was the big deal. In the end, none of that matters if he can't help this team win which is the ultimate goal isn't it? All I did find was his stats which were very spartan. I don't know if he was even on scholarship at Coffeyville. I have known several kids, one being my next door neighbor who played FB at the CC level on scholarship and ended up at Arizona.

Did I say that? No, you said there were no scholarships at the CC level so what was the big deal. In the end, none of that matters if he can't help this team win which is the ultimate goal isn't it? All I did find was his stats which were very spartan. I don't know if he was even on scholarship at Coffeyville. I have known several kids, one being my next door neighbor who played FB at the CC level on scholarship and ended up at Arizona.
I posted he went from JUCO “where he’s PROBABLY paying his way”. Do you know for sure he was on scholarship at CCC. Regardless my point was that being on a cost of attendance deal at NU is a better deal than being at CCC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT