ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

**** that, different QB isnt going to change the OL issues.

Fix the OL and HH is a Max Duggan level talent. Not many guys could stand in the fire the way he does

**** that, different QB isnt going to change the OL issues.

Fix the OL and HH is a Max Duggan level talent. Not many guys could stand in the fire the way he does
He wasn't sacked today. The first play of the game he had a clean pocket and two wide open receivers and threw it right to a db between them, not because he was rushed or made a bad decision, but because he's inaccurate. The second interception happened because he threw a fastball over a linebacker's head which Fidone didn't manage to reel in - he did something similar for TD a few games back and some of us were a bit concerned that he didn't just make the simpler throw into space. This time it didn't work out.

Fortunately they won anyway. Hopefully he improves.

He wasn't sacked today. The first play of the game he had a clean pocket and two wide open receivers and threw it right to a db between them, not because he was rushed or made a bad decision, but because he's inaccurate. The second interception happened because he threw a fastball over a linebacker's head which Fidone didn't manage to reel in - he did something similar for TD a few games back and some of us were a bit concerned that he didn't just make the simpler throw into space. This time it didn't work out.

Fortunately they won anyway. Hopefully he improves.
He had better improve quick if the D doen't keep winning games for us.

The defense, with some exception, was dominant today.
Offense was dreadful. A portal qb is the number one aim in the offseason.
Trying to brag up HH after today is a lot of
foolishness. He has a lot of work to do. That he's in his third season of college football and doesn't have the mechanics down throw freaking pass is unsettling.
Thank you.

First, I hope to God you're not over 40 saying, "sorry not sorry" like some teenage girl.

Second, the fact that you think HH is the quarterback of the future, leads me to believe you have a serious lack of any knowledgeable fortitude.

HH Stats:
8-17 85 yes 1 TD 2 INT

These are Iowa QB stats at best. The defense is what kept us in the game the first 5 minutes of this game. I honestly feel bad that this is the hill you're deciding to kill your already sh!tty reputation on.
Hell you get it.

The defense, with some exception, was dominant today.
Offense was dreadful. A portal qb is the number one aim in the offseason.
Trying to brag up HH after today is a lot of
foolishness. He has a lot of work to do. That he's in his third season of college football and doesn't have the mechanics down throw freaking pass is unsettling.
Thank you as well.

Jesus dude...if we get a Peyton Manning in the portal next year, so be it...it will be great! But right now we've got a Tebow who's getting us wins and in a position to be bowl eligible for the first time in ages...enjoy the ride
The D is getting us bowl eligible. The qb and the 18.4 points of offense is not. Call the shit like it is. Three of the team wins have losing records. The other team is 4-4. The teams with winning records ( all 2) we have been outscored 81-21. Look at the shit like a big boy. But hell, we might go to a bowl. Comparing that dude to Tebow? Jesus. The QB play sucks. However, going to a bowl would be cool, but look down the road. Haarburg is not the answer at QB so we had better get a Manning in the portal. It would be great. And very unlikely.

Last edited:
It's his first year. Screw all the cancel culture. Doesn't he get a chance to grow in your world ? Does he get point for playing behind a bad Oline and playing with first year players with no experience ? You gotta get a reality grip on the situation. Factor in all the variables man.
He's been in the program for 3 years lol

Not sure what cancel culture has to do with this...

He's just not good. He's had the privilege of playing against 4 terrible teams. The one team, where he could've stood up and shined. We got blown out AT HOME. I don't even think he mustered a touchdown that game.
That’s gaslighting my friend. 180 TOT Yards to 157. Wow what a big difference in yards. 😮
Both had 2 TDs. Both had bad games but still won.

You choose to ignore HH’s running. Maybe you don’t understand those rushing yards count just the same as passing. But ignoring what HH does with his legs to push your narrative is either ignorant or gaslighting. You choose which one you are.

HH scored when we needed one. HH flipped the field when we needed it. Good enough to win with. I’ll take it
One guy played a lonely team with no head coach and a losing record. One guy played a professional football team and has CONSISTENTLY showed he's a top quarterback at the highest level. It's a very strange comparison and not a good one at all to tell you the truth.

I don't think I'm gaslighting anyone. It's pretty obvious HH isn't a good quarterback. How many times did he force it to Fidone, when we had MULTIPLE guys open. Either in the flats or streaking down the side? How many times did turn to hand the ball off amd went the wronf way? How about the snap that hit him in chest, but somehow he drops it and just has to fall on it. The kid is a GREAT athlete, he's just not a quarterback. I think that's what a lot of us are saying. His legs help him extend plays and he's a good runner, but again 16 rushes for 72 yards, really isn't that impressive, especially at the college level. Even more so against a lonely team like NW. I must have missed the part where NW has such a staunch defense, that our Quarterback would only muster up 150 total yards and hang a whopping 17 points.

He did score when we needed him to, but Coleman was so wide open it'd be hard for him to have missed that. Again, he did terribly under throw Bullocks along the sideline when there wasn't a guy within 10 yards of him. So the inconsistency NEEDS to improve, but I'm not holding my breath since the guy has been here for 3 years already.

I'm glad we're 4-3! Feels good to have a winning record halfway through the season! But this narrative of because HH is a leader and a superior QB compared to what we've had is so far removed from reality. Essentially this is still the same team, the DIFFERENCE is the COACHING.

Need a guy that can make something happen in the passing game. Doesn't help at all that all our top WRs are injured.
It also doesn’t help that half the time pass rush is getting to our QB half before our receivers are finishing their routes.

Yeah there is NO WAY that Nebraska stands pat with the current QB room. They HAVE to hit the portal for at least one QB. Not sure why anyone on here would think they wouldn't. They have done it every year it has been an option for them. I tend to think they end up bringing in 2 QB's, 1 that has an opportunity to start and one for depth.

I'm not sure who we could get in the portal. But please get someone who has won some games. I'm tired of the Tanner Lee/Jeff Sims/Casey Thompson guys. Even if we have to pull from a lower G5 level. But this is also assuming we want to go in the portal for QBs.

If we do Grayson McCall of CC could be an interesting option. He should have left when his coach left. But a guy with a ton of experience that likely wants to at least make a stab at playing in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yeah there is NO WAY that Nebraska stands pat with the current QB room. They HAVE to hit the portal for at least one QB. Not sure why anyone on here would think they wouldn't. They have done it every year it has been an option for them. I tend to think they end up bringing in 2 QB's, 1 that has an opportunity to start and one for depth.
Hard to do that. Usually you can get away with 1 transfer qb. 2 is dubious to pull off.

Tommie Frazier 1st year starting: 44% completions, 4.6 yards/carry

Heinrich Haarberg 1st yr starting: 52% completions, 5.1 yards/carry
Gee, I wonder if there is any context you're leaving out.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with this thread? You wouldn't want DM as the husker qb? He's much better than HH.
It’s context

Many “wins =/= good QB play” comments in here, so I thought I’d share a real world example that good QB play =/= wins

Penix last night - 3 turnovers and zero offensive TDs scored at home against a terrible 1-5 team

Well they already have one in Daniel Kaelin from Bellevue W.

Only one person on here thinks we won’t need to go after another portal QB, But we need someone better than Sims or Purdy and if they find that person the staff go after him..

Reactions: JOHNNY N
It’s context

Many “wins =/= good QB play” comments in here, so I thought I’d share a real world example that good QB play =/= wins

Penix last night - 3 turnovers and zero offensive TDs scored at home against a terrible 1-5 team
So you would keep HH over Penix or Maye? Perhaps you should have tried harder for your GED.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Someone legit comparing HH to Frazier and someone who thinks Kaelin will be a 4 year starter anywhere but Doane. This thing is off the rails.

Pretty sure Haarberg will be the starting QB next year, barring injury.
If he is, he better get to one of those prestige QB camps in the off-season because he needs some major work. I just don't think there is someone on our staff to get him there. Then we need an O-line, OC.. well we all know except who needs to know.

Someone legit comparing HH to Frazier and someone who thinks Kaelin will be a 4 year starter anywhere but Doane. This thing is off the rails.
DK after a RS year can be a 4 year starter. You think they're recruiting him to ride the bench? Give him a solid line and all the weapons we have coming N and the Elite 11 accuracy winner can lead this team.

I’m about the only dude on here who doesn’t call
To get a coach or player replaced when they don’t show up on the field as a finished product.

The reality of the situation is that HH is far from a finished product. He’s minimally viable in terms of qb output. He may blossom into some form of Tebow and let his intangibles lead us to the top. Or we could continue squeaking out wins vs mediocre teams looking for any bowl invite.

It’s hard to tell. The odds tells us he’s is not likely to bloom into an all conference caliber qb. But we can hope he does. Next year he may not have as good a defense to prop him up. Maybe he has better or worse. Team dynamics change every year.

Having watched folks around here 20 years, I can say pretty confidently that if HH wasn’t a hometown hero, he wouldn’t be getting half the breaks from posters on here that he is getting. If he was from Calibraska or Florida people would be asking if we could send him back because 150 yards of offense after three years against a shit opponent and the TOs is garbage.

I can very certainly say that we have not had posters that would say after seeing a performance like that coming off a bye week that theNU job isn’t open until 2026.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Perfectly thought out and stated. Those people will NEVER admit it though. But they know who they are and some of us do as well. It sticks out like a sore thumb...

Holla

The Answer hasn’t emerged yet. It’s not Sims, HH or Kaelin in 2024. Recruit the portal.
$$$$$.

We’re either gonna buy a talented QB and position players who can compete in this conference, or we won’t. So far we’ve declined to do so,

Fortunately they won
Only worthwhile part of your rant

Football is bigger than cherry picking a few bad plays.

Great leaders help find a way, the other players fight for them. I have seen more fight and grit in this Husker team with HH at the helm than any team since 2009

In this game, Haarberg has true freshman wide receivers available, a RS freshman in Bonner, and a guy who was a walkon before fall camp. His best RB is a RS freshman who was fourth string to begin the season, in addition to a RS freshman coming into play guard and then center. Thankfully, all of these kids are really talented, but they are learning on the job.
If Rhule is being straight about wanting to feature a QB in the run game, Haarberg brings a lot to the table. The offense keeps getting younger as the season gets longer. At this point, barring injury, Haarberg will start the remainder of his career.

Only worthwhile part of your rant

Football is bigger than cherry picking a few bad plays.

Great leaders help find a way, the other players fight for them. I have seen more fight and grit in this Husker team with HH at the helm than any team since 2009
God you guys are weird and possibly the same person? The defense has fought the exact same way in every game no matter who the QB is. Can we just stop being so delusional about this team? The defense is flat out awesome. Stop giving Tony White’s credit to the QB, it just doesn’t make any sense. The QB side of the ball is terrible, there is hardly any “leading” happening there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT