ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

the morale would've gone into the shitter the moment anything bad happened because the guy who put up all those points/yards was a loser who infected everyone else with his loserdom

you can wax poetic about Ls all you want. I'll take the Ws.
This is such a big part of why the leadership of the QB is so important. It's an intangible to the fans who don't know any better.. if something goes wrong, the team doesn't panic or fall apart. When you have a bad leader in there, things start falling apart, and not just for a game, but for the season too.

This is why HH is so important to the team and the season this year. He brings that intangible element to the game and it will continue to pay off for everyone.

just because you haven't improved in any facet of life for decades doesn't mean everyone is okay remaining stagnant

every week we see something from HH we haven't seen before. this week was no different.
Today we saw him throw multiple ints, fumble handoffs, fumble snaps. We hadn’t seen a barrage like that before from HH. He didn’t stagnate. He regressed. And that was with the benefit of a bye week. And a horrible opponent.

Today we saw him throw multiple ints, fumble handoffs, fumble snaps. We hadn’t seen a barrage like that before from HH. He didn’t stagnate. He regressed. And that was with the benefit of a bye week. And a horrible opponent.
it'll be okay

we all know where Nebraska Football touched you over the past 20 years

everyone processes trauma differently

What would those scores have been with this offense? Would we have been in those games until the end? If you say “yes” to either of those questions, I call BS. This offense is doing VERY good to score 17 points - against ANYONE.
Rhule knew we needed a QB and hoped he could limit Sims’s mistakes. Oops. Now we have a QB whose last game action was in class C. He’s going to get better. Good enough? Who knows. First year in a new offense and first few games as a starting P5 QB is a big leap.

I’m not giving up on any of our QBs but damn it would be nice to have a guy step on the field against better competition that made you say”yeah there’s a dude”.

I didn't think HH was hot stuff before today nor do I think he's hot garbage after today's game. I think he's a work in progress who might have a high ceiling or a low ceiling. Just along for the ride and enjoying the Ws.
Definitely has room to improve and he hopefully will. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re married to him for 3 years.

just because you haven't improved in any facet of life for decades doesn't mean everyone is okay remaining stagnant

every week we see something from HH we haven't seen before. this week was no different.
Yeah never seen our Quarterback throw so far behind the receiver that it was intercepted the very first play of the game lol

Or where he completely under threw Bullocks wide open down the sideline.

Or how about all the misreads he had all game. I lost count after the first half.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I hope that is a true statement.

Thanks to the pathetic schedule, we might get to a bowl game. And that would be huge for this team. But we are not going anywhere with any of the QBs on the roster. No B1G West schedule next year.
Way to early for that BS.

Definitely has room to improve and he hopefully will. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re married to him for 3 years.
Definitely doesn’t and HH isn’t the Kid that believes he’s entitled. But here’s the deal that so many guys aren’t getting, his team believes in him. his teammates love him. Even Sims does. Look how overwhelming classy Jeff has been. HH gets his guys to buy in and that’s so valuable at the QB spot. You can’t tell me we haven’t been missing that for a decade or how ever long it’s been since Armstrong left. HH is going to get better throwing the ball. I promise that. If his roommate hadn’t shit the bed today I don’t even think we are having this talk.

People complain about his middle infielder release but watch the NFL, that’s part of the game now. HH has a lot to learn with that still and has a lot to learn overall but I’d bet on him improving over us landing some stud transfer QB with great leadership ability. It’s HH’s team and job to lose.

The defense, with some exception, was dominant today.
Offense was dreadful. A portal qb is the number one aim in the offseason.
Trying to brag up HH after today is a lot of
foolishness. He has a lot of work to do. That he's in his third season of college football and doesn't have the mechanics down throw freaking pass is unsettling.

While I agree that we need to bring in another QB next year, it’s worth noting that Haarberg did deliver the knockout blow today - after his worst game of the season. He missed a few other chances to deliver a dagger, but did get one - and that was enough. Today. Probably no other day.

Another game we would have found a way to lose under our last coach(es).

Is it wrong that I almost felt sorry for the NW QB today? Good Lord the Blackshirts laid a beating on him.

This is such a big part of why the leadership of the QB is so important. It's an intangible to the fans who don't know any better.. if something goes wrong, the team doesn't panic or fall apart. When you have a bad leader in there, things start falling apart, and not just for a game, but for the season too.

This is why HH is so important to the team and the season this year. He brings that intangible element to the game and it will continue to pay off for everyone.
That my friend is not a HH thing. That is what good coaching can overcome. Far be it for you and Kong to get past your circle jerk to realize it like the rest of us.

Yeah never seen our Quarterback throw so far behind the receiver that it was intercepted the very first play of the game lol

Or where he completely under threw Bullocks wide open down the sideline.

Or how about all the misreads he had all game. I lost count after the first half.
Do you watch the NFL? Cause with your logic, Bills should sit Josh Allen after his play against an awful G-Men defense

That my friend is not a HH thing. That is what good coaching can overcome. Far be it for you and Kong to get past your circle jerk to realize it, like the rest of us.
defense went into the tank weeks 1 & 2 after similar mistakes by our QB not named Haarberg with the same coaches on the sidelines

seems your feelings took a big L right alongside northwestern today

sorry not sorry

GBR

All those Freshman WR's will have Kaelin throwing to them for the next 4 to 5 years.
Maybe. Maybe HH proves to be the leader this team has missed since at least Armstrong - stats be damned.

It's impossible to predict the future. But should be interesting to see if we stick with the option game this offense and coaching staff has been learning very intently all season under Osborne's tutelage... Or embrace their original thinking offensively with Kaelins skill set.

The players have responded by rallying around HH. Nothing against Sims but the team plays for HH. HH has his weaknesses to be sure, but he's been though it and Sims is just a merc. If you're a merc you need to be lights out good.

HH was just enough good to cover for the bad today. Against a bad team, you can do that. Against an even below average team this effort on offense would have been too little and even the bomb would have been too late.

Can’t have another 2 pick performance this season, especially when combined with poor hands on the snaps.

I like the toughness of HH, but there is a lot to work on to clean up. There isn’t a team left on the schedule that the performance today would be enough against. This has to be the hiccup for him this season.

Reactions: East-Coast-Sker
defense went into the tank weeks 1 & 2 after similar mistakes by our QB not named Haarberg with the same coaches on the sidelines

sorry not sorry

GBR
First, I hope to God you're not over 40 saying, "sorry not sorry" like some teenage girl.

Second, the fact that you think HH is the quarterback of the future, leads me to believe you have a serious lack of any knowledgeable fortitude.

HH Stats:
8-17 85 yes 1 TD 2 INT

These are Iowa QB stats at best. The defense is what kept us in the game the first 5 minutes of this game. I honestly feel bad that this is the hill you're deciding to kill your already sh!tty reputation on.

First, I hope to God you're not over 40 saying, "sorry not sorry" like some teenage girl.

Second, the fact that you think HH is the quarterback of the future, leads me to believe you have a serious lack of any knowledgeable fortitude.

HH Stats:
8-17 85 yes 1 TD 2 INT

These are Iowa QB stats at best. The defense is what kept us in the game the first 5 minutes of this game. I honestly feel bad that this is the hill you're deciding to kill your already sh!tty reputation on.
150 total yards

2 TDs

W

Every iowa fan here last week admitted they’d trade their guy for ours. I do not suspect that sentiment changed after today

HH Stats:
8-17 85 yes 1 TD 2 INT

These are Iowa QB stats at best.
The defense is what kept us in the game the first 5 minutes of this game. I honestly feel bad that this is the hill you're deciding to kill your already sh!tty reputation on.
I've watched Deacon Hill play. Big nope.

Reactions: king_kong_
Damn kid wins us a couple games and as soon as he has a bad game , he's horrible. Some of you guys are just straight up dense. If you need to be reminded again, he has no help either. Damn sure he feels pressure in his first year of starting, he's human. All you downer's couldn't hold the kids jock. Give it a rest monkeys.

sorry not sorry

GBR
East coast Husker so mad Nebraska won today.. he’s a total east coast elitist that enjoys the smells of his own farts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT