ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s starting QB is not currently on the team

First, I hope to God you're not over 40 saying, "sorry not sorry" like some teenage girl.

Second, the fact that you think HH is the quarterback of the future, leads me to believe you have a serious lack of any knowledgeable fortitude.

HH Stats:
8-17 85 yes 1 TD 2 INT

These are Iowa QB stats at best. The defense is what kept us in the game the first 5 minutes of this game. I honestly feel bad that this is the hill you're deciding to kill your already sh!tty reputation on.
I would agree with the defense won the game for Nebraska. Early on the staff went with some things they were confident about after the bye week and it didn't work. Then HH and the staff adjusted and won the ballgame. Winning ugly is important. Winning ugly is a great learning tool, there is so much to improve on.

How many games have we won recently that started off terribly like this one did? None. We fold like a cheap tent after turning it over inside our own territory twice and bad field position. This one we one, we just needed a few guys to step up. Long way to go but I am encouraged.

I would agree with the defense won the game for Nebraska. Early on the staff went with some things they were confident about after the bye week and it didn't work. Then HH and the staff adjusted and won the ballgame. Winning ugly is important. Winning ugly is a great learning tool, there is so much to improve on.

How many games have we won recently that started off terribly like this one did? None. We fold like a cheap tent after turning it over inside our own territory twice and bad field position. This one we one, we just needed a few guys to step up. Long way to go but I am encouraged.
Bolded. I'm sick and tired of hearing talking heads talk over the last five years about how NU owns the record for close losses. I'm just happy with close wins for a change.

The defense, with some exception, was dominant today.
Offense was dreadful. A portal qb is the number one aim in the offseason.
Trying to brag up HH after today is a lot of
foolishness. He has a lot of work to do. That he's in his third season of college football and doesn't have the mechanics down throw freaking pass is unsettling.
I heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago that he has a throwing shoulder injury. I have no idea if that is true or not. He threw a nice deep ball to Malachi so he can do it. He definitely had a rough night in his reads, accuracy and ball security. Got the W.

Jesus dude...if we get a Peyton Manning in the portal next year, so be it...it will be great! But right now we've got a Tebow who's getting us wins and in a position to be bowl eligible for the first time in ages...enjoy the ride
This isn't a thread about winning football games (I'm glad we won). This thread was started about our QB situation. Don't let guys like Kong try a derail it to with comparing wins with good quarterback play lol

East coast Husker so mad Nebraska won today.. he’s a total east coast elitist that enjoys the smells of his own farts
Tampa right on que defending his "buddy"
suck my dick wwe GIF

This isn't a thread about winning football games (I'm glad we won). This thread was started about our QB situation. Don't let guys like Kong try a derail it to with comparing wins with good quarterback play lol
What do you think is the most important stat a quarterback can compile?

4-1 (HH’s record) is a better winning percentage than 6-2

Have a great night complaining about the win!

Nobody will have your back here while my posts rack up the likes. Sad.
I mean I can't lay it out any better for ya. A good winning percentage doesn't always equate to good quarterback play (i.e iowa).

Reactions: baseball31ne
HH did not have a great day. Got it. But we're now above .500 at this point in the season for the first time in God knows when. I'll take that every day and twice on Sundays.

Nebraska has to get another QB in the transfer portal, it’s in the best interest of the team. Regardless of our final record and how well HH continues to play, it’s a must. Think about the guys backing him up in Purdy and Sims, don’t see a ton of wins with those guys under center, given the unforeseen event of HH getting injured.

Last edited:
Nebraska has to get another QB in the transfer in the portal, it’s in the best interest of the team. Regardless of our final record and how well HH continues to play, it’s a must. Think about the guys backing him up in Purdy and Sims, don’t see a ton of wins with those guys under center, given the unforeseen event of HH getting injured.
Our odds of landing a difference maker portal QB aren’t great. I’m sure we’ll try but the last 6 years have probably lowered our chances.

Damn kid wins us a couple games and as soon as he has a bad game , he's horrible. Some of you guys are just straight up dense. If you need to be reminded again, he has no help either. Damn sure he feels pressure in his first year of starting, he's human. All you downer's couldn't hold the kids jock. Give it a rest monkeys.
I’m glad he’s on the team and making the most of his opportunity. I’m thrilled he’s getting wins in these close games between bad teams. I agree he has no help. We can all be proud of the home state kid finally getting us to a bowl game if that happens.

But his limitations at QB are glaringly obvious. His best stat is W-L, but that’s mostly on the back of bad opponents and great defense. We aren’t going to beat any Top 25 teams with the level of QB play we have seen this season. Not this year. Not next.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Our odds of landing a difference maker portal QB aren’t great. I’m sure we’ll try but the last 6 years have probably lowered our chances.
Correct you are, but like you say they have to try. Probably have to do a better job scouting and looking at stats. You look at Sims the turnover history was there. Casey Thompson was just part of a last ditch effort to save a coaches career. Have to keep trying.

I’m glad he’s on the team and making the most of his opportunity. I’m thrilled he’s getting wins in these close games between bad teams. I agree he has no help. We can all be proud of the home state kid finally getting us to a bowl game if that happens.

But his limitations at QB are glaringly obvious. His best stat is W-L, but that’s mostly on the back of bad opponents and great defense. We aren’t going to beat any Top 25 teams with the level of QB play we have seen this season. Not this year. Not next.
Fair post. But remember that his wins came with a shakey (being generous) Oline, depleted receiver corps and M*A*S*H unit running back room. Don't get me wrong, I hate his sidearm throws but that W/L record is what counts, at least at this point.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’ve seen him play 3 times this year. Not writing him off. But if he’s starting in 2024 - we in trouble.
Exactly....I know people are behind him because he's our recruit but he can't help next year or possibly ever.

It's his first year. Screw all the cancel culture. Doesn't he get a chance to grow in your world ? Does he get point for playing behind a bad Oline and playing with first year players with no experience ? You gotta get a reality grip on the situation. Factor in all the variables man.

It's his first year. Screw all the cancel culture. Doesn't he get a chance to grow in your world ? Does he get point for playing behind a bad Oline and playing with first year players with no experience ? You gotta get a reality grip on the situation. Factor in all the variables man.
He gets the rest of this year to get valuable game reps and show how he can perform. The team is winning in spite of the offense. There are problems all over the offense, not just QB.

He hit Coleman for a nice TD today. Perhaps HH and MC develop some chemistry and that opens the offense a bit more in latter half of the season. Hope it happens. We will see.

I hope that is a true statement.

Thanks to the pathetic schedule, we might get to a bowl game. And that would be huge for this team. But we are not going anywhere with any of the QBs on the roster. No B1G West schedule next year.

I've been saying it since week 4 and have seen nothing to change my mind.

Holla

He gets the rest of this year to get valuable game reps and show how he can perform. The team is winning in spite of the offense. There are problems all over the offense, not just QB.

He hit Coleman for a nice TD today. Perhaps HH and MC develop some chemistry and that opens the offense a bit more in latter half of the season. Hope it happens. We will see.
He gets this year , spring, summer, and fall camp. Fans are just not realistic anymore with first year starters. The dude isn't Tommie Frazier.

Man i didn't know Josh Allen would go 8-17 for 85 yards and 1 TD and 2 INTs. Thanks for that great comparison 👍
That’s gaslighting my friend. 180 TOT Yards to 157. Wow what a big difference in yards. 😮
Both had 2 TDs. Both had bad games but still won.

You choose to ignore HH’s running. Maybe you don’t understand those rushing yards count just the same as passing. But ignoring what HH does with his legs to push your narrative is either ignorant or gaslighting. You choose which one you are.

HH scored when we needed one. HH flipped the field when we needed it. Good enough to win with. I’ll take it

Nebraska has to get another QB in the transfer portal, it’s in the best interest of the team. Regardless of our final record and how well HH continues to play, it’s a must. Think about the guys backing him up in Purdy and Sims, don’t see a ton of wins with those guys under center, given the unforeseen event of HH getting injured.
Rational take!

That my friend is not a HH thing. That is what good coaching can overcome. Far be it for you and Kong to get past your circle jerk to realize it like the rest of us.
You're quite wrong.. it's not a coaching thing.. genuine leadership can't be taught or coached in a semester... it's something you are either born with, or you're not.

That said, a person can learn and apply leadership skills, and improve, but it takes time and usually will never be quite as good at it, as a natural born leader.

People like you, don't see the whole picture, and that is why you get it wrong.

I’m about the only dude on here who doesn’t call
To get a coach or player replaced when they don’t show up on the field as a finished product.

The reality of the situation is that HH is far from a finished product. He’s minimally viable in terms of qb output. He may blossom into some form of Tebow and let his intangibles lead us to the top. Or we could continue squeaking out wins vs mediocre teams looking for any bowl invite.

It’s hard to tell. The odds tells us he’s is not likely to bloom into an all conference caliber qb. But we can hope he does. Next year he may not have as good a defense to prop him up. Maybe he has better or worse. Team dynamics change every year.

Having watched folks around here 20 years, I can say pretty confidently that if HH wasn’t a hometown hero, he wouldn’t be getting half the breaks from posters on here that he is getting. If he was from Calibraska or Florida people would be asking if we could send him back because 150 yards of offense after three years against a shit opponent and the TOs is garbage.

I can very certainly say that we have not had posters that would say after seeing a performance like that coming off a bye week that theNU job isn’t open until 2026.

I’m about the only dude on here who doesn’t call
To get a coach or player replaced when they don’t show up on the field as a finished product.

The reality of the situation is that HH is far from a finished product. He’s minimally viable in terms of qb output. He may blossom into some form of Tebow and let his intangibles lead us to the top. Or we could continue squeaking out wins vs mediocre teams looking for any bowl invite.

It’s hard to tell. The odds tells us he’s is not likely to bloom into an all conference caliber qb. But we can hope he does. Next year he may not have as good a defense to prop him up. Maybe he has better or worse. Team dynamics change every year.

Having watched folks around here 20 years, I can say pretty confidently that if HH wasn’t a hometown hero, he wouldn’t be getting half the breaks from posters on here that he is getting. If he was from Calibraska or Florida people would be asking if we could send him back because 150 yards of offense after three years against a shit opponent and the TOs is garbage.

I can very certainly say that we have not had posters that would say after seeing a performance like that coming off a bye week that theNU job isn’t open until 2026.
Yeah well some people are stupid and unrealistic.

Reading this thread I could have swore Nebraska lost the game.

Rhule will try and recruit over every QB on the roster. I hope he doesn't go for 2 low % kind of QB's next time.

HH is 4-1 and has played a grand total of 5 games.

And I love how it puts so much lemon juice in all these sore salty vagina's on the board. lol

GO BIG RED!!!

Nebraska needs to get a LT, LG, C, RG, RT and OL coach in the portal too. A f*cking two man rush on 3rd and 13, almost sacked HH.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT