ADVERTISEMENT

Legalize weed already...

You know that E-cigs have more than just nicotine in them, right?

2-butanone (MEK) 2-furaldehyde Acetaldehyde ✔ Acetic acid Acetone ✔ Acrolein ✔ Aluminum Barium Benzene ✔ Boron Butanal Butyl hydroxyl toluene Cadmium ✔ Chromium ✔ Copper Crotonaldehyde Diethylene Glycol ✔ Formaldehyde ✔ Glyoxal Iron Isoprene ✔ Lead ✔ Limonene m,p-Xyelen Magnesium Manganese Nickel ✔ Nicotine ✔ N-Nitrosonornicotine ✔ o-Methylbenzaldehyde ✔ p,m-Xylene Phenol ✔ Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons ✔ Potassium Propanal ✔ Propylene Glycol ✔ Sulfur Tin ✔ Toluene ✔ Valeraldehyde Zinc Zirconium

http://www.gaspforair.org/gasp/gedc/pdf/E-CigSmoke.pdf

Reactions: DeadRed402 and zrob

2-butanone (MEK) 2-furaldehyde Acetaldehyde ✔ Acetic acid Acetone ✔ Acrolein ✔ Aluminum Barium Benzene ✔ Boron Butanal Butyl hydroxyl toluene Cadmium ✔ Chromium ✔ Copper Crotonaldehyde Diethylene Glycol ✔ Formaldehyde ✔ Glyoxal Iron Isoprene ✔ Lead ✔ Limonene m,p-Xyelen Magnesium Manganese Nickel ✔ Nicotine ✔ N-Nitrosonornicotine ✔ o-Methylbenzaldehyde ✔ p,m-Xylene Phenol ✔ Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons ✔ Potassium Propanal ✔ Propylene Glycol ✔ Sulfur Tin ✔ Toluene ✔ Valeraldehyde Zinc Zirconium

But ah read me a headline on the Internets that said, “Do e-cigs make yew smarter?” So ah started suckin’ one down ever’ 15 minutes! Mensa er bust!

Which is exactly why anyone who wants to ban guns is ackbassward. Billions of dollars have been distributed to states for natural resource conservation through the taxes collected from the sale of guns and ammo, along with fishing tackle and motor boat fuel.

I think people that want to ban guns are wrong. 2nd Amendment ftw!!!

Living in a state where it's legal, you're better off w/o that stuff. Weed is legal and they're talking about safe injection sites in Seattle, yet I have to cross the border into Oregon to play DraftKings. o_O

@Tuco Salamanca

Not making a big deal, just pointing out that if you have a rule, you need to enforce it. If not, those in that small wave will push the envelope even further. It's human nature. You enjoy your Wednesday as well.

Reactions: otismotis08
I don't know the rules at the NU campus, but where I went to school, alcohol wasn't even allowed on campus. Even if weed were legal, it doesn't mean it would be allowed on campus or allowed by team rules. For example, it may be perfectly legal for them to stay out until 3 am the night before a football game, but I'm guessing it would not go unpunished if caught.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Living in a state where it's legal, you're better off w/o that stuff. Weed is legal and they're talking about safe injection sites in Seattle, yet I have to cross the border into Oregon to play DraftKings. o_O
Wait, safe injection for weed? Are you stoned? Or did your joke go over my head?

Reactions: SC_'sker

You obviously don't know what your talking about, there is trace amounts. Vaping is just as safe as Nicotine Gum! https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...armful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

Formaldehyde
: It's also naturally occurring in many foods. Fruits like apples, bananas, grapes, and plums; vegetables like onions, carrots, and spinach; and even meats like seafood, beef, and poultry contain formaldehyde.

You haven't read the data I take it. No, it is NOT opinion. Read the research. I guess you have not witnessed young kids smoke their brains out with pot? Yea, I tried it when i was much younger, didn't see the big deal about it. Later as an adult working with kids I saw what it did to them. So, yes, it is my "opinion" it is not good based on my observations and research.

I love how we are in the time when everything needs to be proven by science - except when someone has an opinion that doesn't match up.

Have you observed the negative effects of alcohol by chance? Do you drink? The infamous comparison coming into play here but I'm almost 6 years dry but still get high. I enjoy a mental break from life as im sure you do as well but in liquid form. They both pose negative consequences if used improperly but the way you bash one over the other is hypocritical...to each their own. Your only factual basis for argument is legislation, otherwise your telling others not to do something that could be harmful and not acknowledging your own habits are equally (actually more dangerous to yourself and others, factual). Just asking for a lil respect, it's only fair.

Have you observed the negative effects of alcohol by chance? Do you drink? The infamous comparison coming into play here but I'm almost 6 years dry but still get high. I enjoy a mental break from life as im sure you do as well but in liquid form. They both pose negative consequences if used improperly but the way you bash one over the other is hypocritical...to each their own. Your only factual basis for argument is legislation, otherwise your telling others not to do something that could be harmful and not acknowledging your own habits are equally (actually more dangerous to yourself and others, factual). Just asking for a lil respect, it's only fair.

Ah, yes, been around lots of alcoholics and several drug addicts. My best friend through high school and after was a dealer/addict and died helping others get clean. I am not a proponent of either drugs or alcohol. That said, I can drink a single beer 2-3 times a year and call it good. I don't compare that to the weed that is produced today. I got that from lifetime lot smoker who said it just is not even close to what pot in the 70's was.

So if you want to call me a hypocrite for drinking a single light beer versus getting high sucking chemicals into my lungs, then I am guilty.

Ah, yes, been around lots of alcoholics and several drug addicts. My best friend through high school and after was a dealer/addict and died helping others get clean. I am not a proponent of either drugs or alcohol. That said, I can drink a single beer 2-3 times a year and call it good. I don't compare that to the weed that is produced today. I got that from lifetime lot smoker who said it just is not even close to what pot in the 70's was.

So if you want to call me a hypocrite for drinking a single light beer versus getting high sucking chemicals into my lungs, then I am guilty.
How about some gummies, friendo? Just a 1/4. Don't get too crazy.

It's a painkiller and it's a million times better than alternatives. I guess I would be curious on what evidence there is that it is bad especially compared to other legal substances. Please elaborate.
Wrong there coming up with new painkillers all the time with little side effects. That’s just propaganda for the medical marijuana people

Wrong there coming up with new painkillers all the time with little side effects. That’s just propaganda for the medical marijuana people

Why is the only drug that's ok for medical use the ones made by big pharma? Seems to me that marijuana has pleasant side effects and is natural. That's +1 for weed. Why take harsh meds when you can use something natural.

Don't want to smoke? They have edibles. Don't want to get high? They have CBD only or those with only traces of THC. Plus, you won't harm yourself seeing if it works for you.

Why is the only drug that's ok for medical use the ones made by big pharma? Seems to me that marijuana has pleasant side effects and is natural. That's +1 for weed. Why take harsh meds when you can use something natural.

Don't want to smoke? They have edibles. Don't want to get high? They have CBD only or those with only traces of THC. Plus, you won't harm yourself seeing if it works for you.
Big pharmaceutical company’s aren’t the issue it’s the screwed up fda and government regulations. You can go to Canada and Mexico for let’s say insulin. Canada is $20 for the vial Mexico probably cheaper, the United States anywhere for 150-400.

I’m not against pain relief, he’ll a doctor once told me if you get relief going to a veterinarian go for it. I’m just really skeptical about medical marijuana, I still believe it’s just a way to get recreational weed legalized. I’ve seen personally how just using weed turned into meth use and other hardcore drugs. Weed and meth and slowing destroying small town USA

Big pharmaceutical company’s aren’t the issue it’s the screwed up fda and government regulations. You can go to Canada and Mexico for let’s say insulin. Canada is $20 for the vial Mexico probably cheaper, the United States anywhere for 150-400.

Healthcare/drug costs are an entirely different issue.

I’m not against pain relief, he’ll a doctor once told me if you get relief going to a veterinarian go for it. I’m just really skeptical about medical marijuana, I still believe it’s just a way to get recreational weed legalized. I’ve seen personally how just using weed turned into meth use and other hardcore drugs. Weed and meth and slowing destroying small town USA

Meth is bad news. I had to kick my roommate out when he got into that. I don't want to fight everyone.

Weed doesn't do that. Correlation does not imply causation.

weed and meth are polar opposites. I don't know a single person who went from weed to meth but I'm sure they exist. No correlation tho.

That ain't the FDA or govt.'s fault

Nobody has ever become a meth addict because of marijuana. If they smoked weed prior to doing meth that is pure coincidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT