ADVERTISEMENT

Legalize weed already...

No randoms. Companies are starting to drop drug testing because they are missing out on many qualified applicants.
Check again way to much liability. The local Co-op the railroad, gas company all randomly test. My question is how far you ready to go in legalizing drugs? You stop at weed or is LSD ok what about coke? Oh a oldie but goodie black tar heroin

Last edited:
Check again way to much liability. The local Co-op the railroad, gas company all randomly test. My question is how far you ready to go in legalizing drugs? You stop at weed or is LSD ok what about coke? Oh a oldie but goodie black tar heroin
The drug war has done nothing to lower the percentage of the population that uses drugs. I'm not sure how you would go about legalizing the real drugs but marijuana is not of any significant concern. Education and being honest is a good start. There is plenty of info and experiences to learn from, something that wasn't as available decades ago when these drugs' effects weren't as studied.

Putting Marijuana in the same class as Heroin is like putting Iowa in the same class as Nebraska. ;)

The drug war has done nothing to lower the percentage of the population that uses drugs. I'm not sure how you would go about legalizing the real drugs but marijuana is not of any significant concern. Education and being honest is a good start. There is plenty of info and experiences to learn from, something that wasn't as available decades ago when these drugs' effects weren't as studied.

Putting Marijuana in the same class as Heroin is like putting Iowa in the same class as Nebraska. ;)
I actually put weed hire than Iowa. Guess you and I just have to agree to disagree, we can debate this till they land on Mars and we’ll still disagree. Carry on

I actually put weed hire than Iowa. Guess you and I just have to agree to disagree, we can debate this till they land on Mars and we’ll still disagree. Carry on
how long do you think it will be until weed is legalized nationwide?

how long do you think it will be until weed is legalized nationwide?
It will be a pissing match in the conservative states. I mean Nebraska wouldn’t even legalize most forms of gambling. And it is a federal law, I can’t see the government changing that anytime soon. A lot depends on big money and where it’s going either to support or against in each state it comes up. Back to your question just a wild guess I’ll say 20 years give or take 5 years

It will be a pissing match in the conservative states. I mean Nebraska wouldn’t even legalize most forms of gambling. And it is a federal law, I can’t see the government changing that anytime soon. A lot depends on big money and where it’s going either to support or against in each state it comes up. Back to your question just a wild guess I’ll say 20 years give or take 5 years
I think if Missouri legalized, it will cause a cascade that will force other states to look at doing the same. The I-70 corridor from Missouri to Kansas would be impossible to curtail.

I can see legalization coming in the way gay marriage did, with a stroke of a pen when we aren't expecting it.

No you the one out of touch!!! I venture to say you’ve never seen small town USA. I can positively tell you that these people start out on weed, but then need more of a fix so next up meth!!
according to the same 2017 survey: 15% of U.S. adults say they have used marijuana over the past year,
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/26/facts-about-marijuana/

According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), approximately 1.6 million people (0.6 percent of the population) reported using methamphetamine in the past year
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...scope-methamphetamine-misuse-in-united-states

The U.S. population was about 325 million in 2017. So about 49 million people used marijuana, while only 1.6 million used meth. Assuming the 1.6 million is a subset of the 49 million (which is very bad science; they may be a subset, they may not be), that means about 3% of those who use marijuana also use meth.

Always a quality poll when you ask people what they’ve done on their lives.

If a poll asked have you ever cheated on your spouse and the results said 12%, no one believes that.

Meth is a taboo drug, the number of people that answer that question in the affirmative will be less than the actual number, even if there is a promise of confidentiality.

Reactions: Laner2 and OzzyLvr
Always a quality poll when you ask people what they’ve done on their lives.

If a poll asked have you ever cheated on your spouse and the results said 12%, no one believes that.

Meth is a taboo drug, the number of people that answer that question in the affirmative will be less than the actual number, even if there is a promise of confidentiality.
so there is no proof that meth and weed are related other then them both being illegal.

so there is no proof that meth and weed are related other then them both being illegal.

Don’t care. Just pointing out that just because only 1 in 1000 Americans admit to have used cocaine, that doesn’t mean only 1 of those 1000 actually used cocaine.

The poll referenced says only 1.6 million people have used meth. Where does it show how many people they asked? If they asked 1.6 million, then it is a huge effing problem. Secondly, don’t use as a pct of total population. I am pretty sure the average number of 0-12 year olds using meth is probably significantly lower than the average number of those 12 and older.

Reactions: Laner2
Don’t care. Just pointing out that just because only 1 in 1000 Americans admit to have used cocaine, that doesn’t mean only 1 of those 1000 actually used cocaine.

The poll referenced says only 1.6 million people have used meth. Where does it show how many people they asked? If they asked 1.6 million, then it is a huge effing problem. Secondly, don’t use as a pct of total population. I am pretty sure the average number of 0-12 year olds using meth is probably significantly lower than the average number of those 12 and older.
I hope kids aren't doing meth but many do adderall. I don't herald any study as proof but there such isn't a causation between weed and meth. I recon that many wouldn't even admit weed use.

Obesity is a bigger problem and drain on health care than drugs. Maybe we should outlaw McDonald's on every corner??
FastFood is a hell of a drug. Obesity/Diabetes is subsidized via the food recommendations

It doesn't matter how many people they asked. The result was .6% of respondents.

Total population count doesn't change the math. ~15% admit to MJ. ~.6% admit to meth. .006/.15 = 4%.

It doesn't matter how many people they asked. The result was .6% of respondents.

Total population count doesn't change the math. ~15% admit to MJ. ~.6% admit to meth. .006/.15 = 4%.

That would be wrong. According to the report-

According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), approximately 1.6 million people (0.6 percent of the population) reported using methamphetamine in the past year, and 774,000 (0.3 percent) reported using it in the past month. The average age of new methamphetamine users in 2016 was 23.3 years old.

The 0.6 is definitely them comparing the number that said yes to the total population

Reactions: Laner2 and OzzyLvr

I wasn't raising issue with the study. It correlates to what I see in daily life and common sense. The personality that uses weed and is satisfied with weed has very little overlap to wanting to use meth.

It is like saying marriage is correlated with adultery. I know, you must be married first so it "leads to" in a sense.

No you the one out of touch!!! I venture to say you’ve never seen small town USA. I can positively tell you that these people start out on weed, but then need more of a fix so next up meth!!

Wow. Aren't you absolutely adorable!!! I've been in small town USA for 25 years now. I'd love for you to show me a credible source that shows any link between pot and meth, you seriously make me smile just responding to this ridiculousness.

Guess what?? Like it or not... IT IS COMINGSmokin!! So I guess board up the doors or get inside your bunker or whatever you want to do to avoid all of the meth-heads that will be wreaking havoc and the zombies that will surely rise from their graves:).

I'm surprised you like being in the state of Nebraska as it was one of the 1st few states to decriminalize small amounts of weed and make it so that having small amounts was only a civil infraction all the way back in 1979.

This isn't the first time you have come at me with something absolutely silly on here, take it easy there cool guy.

I am sooooo happy there are people on here to explain how absolutely out of touch some of us are....because we happen to think that inhaling a narcotic or hallucinogenic substance is a bad idea. (which is what "weed" is classified as).

Regardless of my seeming ignorance of the subject ...whether it is legal or not it will remain a prohibited substance for the athletic teams at Nebraska. Period. My personal opinion is, smoke weed if you you want on your own time, that's you own decision. These players who are living off the University have been warned and told it is not allowed ....and should suffer serious consequences if caught with it. PERIOD... These are not junior boys.

I don't care if it is a cultural thing....or just a personal choice. When the University of Nebraska and it boosters (which I am one) are paying for these young men to attend college free....they need to be mindful of what they can and cannot do that includes alcohol as well.

Anyone who questions how weed can destroy your life needs to simply look at Randy Gregory.

Ok "Dadmaster". How did you get that name anyways...? o_O:p

Wow. Aren't you absolutely adorable!!! I've been in small town USA for 25 years now. I'd love for you to show me a credible source that shows any link between pot and meth, you seriously make me smile just responding to this ridiculousness.

Guess what?? Like it or not... IT IS COMINGSmokin!! So I guess board up the doors or get inside your bunker or whatever you want to do to avoid all of the meth-heads that will be wreaking havoc and the zombies that will surely rise from their graves:).

I'm surprised you like being in the state of Nebraska as it was one of the 1st few states to decriminalize small amounts of weed and make it so that having small amounts was only a civil infraction all the way back in 1979.

This isn't the first time you have come at me with something absolutely silly on here, take it easy there cool guy.
Oh so your keeping score and now your butt hurt. Have fun snowflake

I guess the last thing people all around the world think about right now is the legalization of weed. Let's get over this pandemic first, and then we will have a lot of time to do it. At the end of the day, marijuana is no more harmful to a person's health than alcohol or tobacco, which are both legal and widely used as well as regulated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. It is also a well known fact that marijuana like the one I get from https://greengoddesscollective.com/ has proven medical benefits for patients suffering from a host of ailments and diseases, including cancer, AIDS, and glaucoma.

Last edited:
I guess the last thing people all around the world think about right now is the legalization of weed. Let's get over this pandemic first, and then we will have a lot of time to do it.
o_O

8eGfcAr.gif

How far are you ready to go in criminalizing drugs? Nicotine? Alcohol? The slippery slope argument is always fallacious. You go however far you want and no further.

My question is how far you ready to go in legalizing drugs? You stop at weed or is LSD ok what about coke? Oh a oldie but goodie black tar heroin

100% for legalization. However, your statement is crazy. I've been smoking in a state that outlaws it for 25 years, never dumb enough to get caught. Young men know the risks my friend.

I pretty much agree with that. I'm thinking it must be young/and or dumb people getting caught for weed. Don't be rolling around with a bunch of people smoking in a car while having a half oz in your pocket and then blame the cops when you get pulled over.

Don't carry in public unless you have a destination and don't do anything stupid during your transit.
I'm guessing people be drunk and thinking they are invincible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT