ADVERTISEMENT

What changed since his new contract in November?

First Team All-Big Ten
Jul 27, 2002
We will probably never know some things, but we do know of this. Maybe he is getting out while the getting's good. Like it or not, regardless of reality and truth, people are still forced to take the fall. Not saying he did anything wrong or not, how would I know?, but these issues are dangerous territory. And Trev has already tried to get bigger roles; he is an ambitious person. Thus would be a burden on his career if he got caught up in the case. He still might I assume.

P.S. Someone surely brought this up already but I haven't read the main thread all the way through.

We will probably never know some things, but we do know of this. Maybe he is getting out while the getting's good. Like it or not, regardless of reality and truth, people are still forced to take the fall. Not saying he did anything wrong or not, how would I know?, but these issues are dangerous territory. And Trev has already tried to get bigger roles; he is an ambitious person. Thus would be a burden on his career if he got caught up in the case. He still might I assume.

P.S. Someone surely brought this up already but I haven't read the main thread all the way through.

This still doesn’t dismiss him from the lawsuit case.

More likely this gets settled out of court..

Reactions: V-Doub
Now that the dust has settled a bit, it seems more clear to me that Trev just dumped his prom date for a hotter girl. But admitting that makes you sound like a dick, so you make up another reason.

All the people here (BOR, Governor, etc.) pointing fingers are just trying to save face as well, and don't want to admit DONU is not the belle of the ball.

Good grief, do people really think if you just take a different job, a lawsuit goes away? Really?

Are you talking to me?

And what else changed in your opinion? President Carter has been done since August 2023. But yet Trev signed his new deal.

Last edited:
Now that the dust has settled a bit, it seems more clear to me that Trev just dumped his prom date for a hotter girl. But admitting that makes you sound like a dick, so you make up another reason.

All the people here (BOR, Governor, etc.) pointing fingers are just trying to save face as well, and don't want to admit DONU is not the belle of the ball.
Maybe not the belle of the ball or best looking, but maybe "class clown"

Alright, which one of you guys did this?

image.png

it's reported that this is now the 3rd job blockhead trev has been sniffing around since beginning his tenure 3 years ago

B1G commish
CFP commish
A&M AD

pretty clear that the only thing that's changed is people's perception of him
Not saying I don't believe you but where you hearing that? Interesting. I could understand the first 2. If he needs more resume than NU, then maybe $ec experience makes sense 🤔 🤮

it's reported that this is now the 3rd job blockhead trev has been sniffing around since beginning his tenure 3 years ago

B1G commish
CFP commish
A&M AD

Someone like you that didn’t like him shouldn’t be butt hurt the second day.

I don't think the $450M stadium renovation plans were met as warmly by donors as Trev would have hoped. It's a bad time to hit up donors for $225M when you've had a bunch of losing seasons in a row. Donor money could be allocated elsewhere, like the NIL collective to put a winning team on the field first.

B1G commish
CFP commish
A&M AD

Those are pretty good jobs!

Reactions: king_kong_
I feel like I was way ahead of my time, thinking that Alberts was a me-first-always diva all the way back in his playing days.
I had opportunity to have some conversations with him and fellow players back when he was here. To a man they were insufferable egomaniacs (yes, even your favorites) but TA was of a different character. Friendly, engaging, and humble.

OK smartasses.

How about: Trev is not legally in trouble but the BOR can still make him a fall guy because of ‘me too’ and all of that. The first defendant named is the Athletic Department, after all. Plus, they probably don’t like him anyway after reading all of the recent reports about his ego. So, he beats them to it by leaving his so-called “dream job” where he is a legendary figure just a few weeks after the lawsuit is known, to make a lateral move where expectations from boosters are very high and no one gives a shit that his jersey is retired at some barren northern location. Agreeing with A&M after their vetting that he did not break any laws and with assurances they will not try to cover their ass by canning him for it unless more damaging information comes out.

This quick U-turn is very strange and unless someone else has a better reason than: he is having trouble raising 400 million dollars at a time when most universities are making cuts including NU, right after spending 160 million finishing the best football facility in the nation (recruits’ words not mine), this is what I am going with.

And some of you sure like to sound smart without giving any ideas of your own.

I think Trev has been running from broad law suits.
He's been running every few years to try and not get get.

In addition he did not solve any problems. Financials come back in and say that Trev has been biding his time. Did it with UNO and now UNL

I don't think anything changed. Dude was looking to make a move the whole time he was here, and finally did.

This reads like Pillen has been too involved in the process to its detriment. Unless theres reason why it should not be Kobourek, give him a shot.
Even Pillen mentions that choosing a President should have taken 90 days to decide on someone. Outside interference has been taking longer in the university‘s business..

Even Pillen mentions that choosing a President should have taken 90 days to decide on someone. Outside interference has been taking longer in the university‘s business..
No more than 90 days

“That timeline largely mirrors how long it took to hire Carter in 2019, when then-regent Pillen led the search. Pillen said the current search should’ve taken no more than 90 days.”

Reactions: scarletred
Other than “that’s how long it takes”, there can’t be real reasons as to why it takes this long to hire someone.

Reactions: scarletred
Other than “that’s how long it takes”, there can’t be real reasons as to why it takes this long to hire someone.
I wonder how long and how many votes they've been deadlocked?

On the surface they both look like decent candidates. Don't know too much about either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT