ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

How many wins in the regular season do you expect?

• 10+

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 72 57.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • 5-

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
This might be the worst center performance I can remember, and we’ve had a lot of bad centers..

I was wondering the same as MarvR, Why is Jurgens playing center when he was a receiver in highschool? Why can we not recruit a true center like every other school?
We did, little willy needs to see the field. Literally can't be any worse

Calm down... This is the best interior D-line he will face until Ohio State. He needs reps. Let him adapt. There is value in getting your ass kicked.
What? The line shouldn't be getting whipped this poorly against a C-USA team.

Reactions: nelsonj22
What? The line shouldn't be getting whipped this poorly against a C-USA team.

No arguments here... My point is Jurgens needs reps. And he's not going to face anyone this good the rest of the month. They can win this game with him getting his ass kicked. Let it happen.

Reactions: Link-
No arguments here... My point is Jurgens needs reps. And he's not going to face anyone this good the rest of the month. They can win this game with him getting his ass kicked. Let it happen.
You honestly don't think Colorado will watch tape and see how poorly Jurgens is playing? They probably have a shit eating grin on their face right now.

Reactions: nelsonj22
You honestly don't think Colorado will watch tape and see how poorly Jurgens is playing? They probably have a shit eating grin on their face right now.

I watched CU last night and realize their 2-star former NT who greyshirted after choosing CU over Northern Colorado is fvcking terrible. It will be a much easier match up for Jurgens.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I watched CU last night and realize their 2-star former NT who greyshirted after choosing CU over Northern Colorado is fvcking terrible. It will be a much easier match up for Jurgens.
That shitty NT will dominate CJ also, kid just isn't ready yet

Yep but if they go against/say anything critical of HCSF they would burnt at the stake. Who knew severe was the only one with balls RollingLaugh

I understand the game and I've done so since about Bo's second to last season. I don't really read their articles anymore. The only thing I really pay attention to are the things they write providing context to sudden departures. I stick around primarily for the Scrolls community.

I understand the game and I've done so since about Bo's second to last season. I don't really read their articles anymore. The only thing I really pay attention to are the things they write providing context to sudden departures. I stick around primarily for the Scrolls community.
100% this it's the Facebook for men RollingLaugh

He might be the next best thing, (and I hope he is) but there is little doubt that when the snaps are so off it throws off the timing of the entire offense. Now I am not saying the offensive troubles are all on Jurgens but it is a contributing factor.

Just seems like the coaches are FORCING the issue. Farniok may not be as physical as Jurgens but he at least gets the ball to AM2 faster & more accurately than Jurgens.

Another factor is which one makes the best line calls, for that I have no idea as those things only players and coaches know.

I believe Jurgens will be a great center before its all said and done but I think the coaches might be forcing the issue a little, but with their glowing words of him they MIGHT have painted themselves into a corner IMO.

Last edited:
He might be the next best thing, (and I hope he is) but there is little doubt that when the snaps are so off it throws off the timing of the entire offense. Now I am not saying the offensive troubles are all on Jurgens but it is a contributing factor.

Just seems like the coaches are FORCING the issue. Farniok may not be as physical as Jurgens but he at least gets the ball to AM2 faster & more accurately than Jurgens.

Another factor is which one makes the best line calls, for that I have no idea as those things only players and coaches know.

I believe Jurgens will be a great center before its all said and done but I think the coaches might be forcing the issue a little but with their glowing words of him they have painted themselves into a corner IMO.

He also said that Jurgens hasn’t had the snap issues in practice like today. It was his first game. Give the kid a chance. If it’s still off next week, then they can still make a change

He might start but today’s performance and lack of playing time in the second half shows that he will be on a short leash if the poor snaps continue.

I hope he can get it figured out.

Reactions: HuskerLLM

I believe Jurgens will be a great center before its all said and done but I think the coaches might be forcing the issue a little but with their glowing words of him they have painted themselves into a corner IMO.
Sigh. I thought we were done with coaches egos dictating starters. Nothing will divide a team faster than the better player riding the pine.

Frost said he didn’t get pulled. He had a snap count and they actually let him play more than planned.

Thanks for the information...I am not sure that was mentioned on the broadcast but I could be wrong.

They must see something. But we saw something different. I have faith in the staff that they’ll do the right things. Jurgens was horrible. I hope he gets it together. I keep hearing how good he is.

I'm beginning to wonder if the job was promised to Jurgens and Frost wants to honor that promise? His play gave no indication that he is ready to start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT