ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

How many wins in the regular season do you expect?

• 10+

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 72 57.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • 5-

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
I didnt watch Jurgens much. Obviously noticed the bad snaps. But hes a RS frosh. We'll see.

For my admittedly very untrained eyes, I more-so noticed Farniok at RT. BRUTAL.

Reactions: schuele
He might be the next best thing, (and I hope he is) but there is little doubt that when the snaps are so off it throws off the timing of the entire offense. Now I am not saying the offensive troubles are all on Jurgens but it is a contributing factor.

Just seems like the coaches are FORCING the issue. Farniok may not be as physical as Jurgens but he at least gets the ball to AM2 faster & more accurately than Jurgens.

Another factor is which one makes the best line calls, for that I have no idea as those things only players and coaches know.

I believe Jurgens will be a great center before its all said and done but I think the coaches might be forcing the issue a little, but with their glowing words of him they have MIGHT have painted themselves into a corner IMO.

Great, getting pushed around like a rag doll continues.

Reactions: Sous Chef
It should have been obvious that moving a TE recruit to the Center position is a project no matter how athletic the player. The only question is whether Jurgens will progress fast enough to not be a liability during conference play.

He might be the next best thing, (and I hope he is) but there is little doubt that when the snaps are so off it throws off the timing of the entire offense. Now I am not saying the offensive troubles are all on Jurgens but it is a contributing factor.

Just seems like the coaches are FORCING the issue. Farniok may not be as physical as Jurgens but he at least gets the ball to AM2 faster & more accurately than Jurgens.

Another factor is which one makes the best line calls, for that I have no idea as those things only players and coaches know.

I believe Jurgens will be a great center before its all said and done but I think the coaches might be forcing the issue a little, but with their glowing words of him they have MIGHT have painted themselves into a corner IMO.
I agree. It seems like they're expecting too much from Cam right now. He needs more time to develop his overall game before being thrown into a starting job. Those bad snaps really had a trickle down effect on the offense today. Having said that, Martinez played awful today. Maybe there's something wrong? He looked slow and held onto the ball way too long. Really weird and unexpected. CU has a terrible defense so if we see an offensive performance like this next week it could be a long season. I don't think the Buff's will turn it over 5 times.

Look, I know he struggled today but lets not forget that he was playing in his 1st game in almost 2 years at a position he’s never played before. Cam is gonna be a great player in time, but probably won’t be an all- american this season. Goodness, it took 7 weeks to get a W last season and we are already 1-0 alter week 1.

Look, I know he struggled today but lets not forget that he was playing in his 1st game in almost 2 years at a position he’s never played before. Cam is gonna be a great player in time, but probably won’t be an all- american this season. Goodness, it took 7 weeks to get a W last season and we are already 1-0 alter week 1.

I'm not picking on Cam for he cant insert himself in to the game. He wasnt ready and we all knew it. Shouldve been eased in during the second qrt for a few series. This was a coaching error.

GBR

I think part of this is people really don’t blame him, just question why he was out there already

The question is, “can we afford to have him start while he learns how to play center?”

You bring up a good point he has not.been in a game for 2 years. Maybe he needs a little more time in practice to learn the position and get used to the contact. He look lost out there and abused.

I dont understand the question? The only ones that make the call are the coaches. How did you think Farniok performed? Better or worse?

GBR
The question was pretty direct. It’s not a black and white scenario when we are playing South Alabama to open the season either. Who is going to be better long term?

Snaps obviously are a fundamental job requirement for center.

But so are making line calls and completing blocks.

Re calls and blocks, did anyone see enough to draw a contrast?

He will be fine. I have faith in him being as dominant once he is a veteran OL in the big10. He is a pup still. Do I want to win every game yes....but we are a very young team.

The question was pretty direct. It’s not a black and white scenario when we are playing South Alabama to open the season either. Who is going to be better long term?

I will assume Cam BUT, a new position, a project, nothing is guaranteed. They named him starter before Spring started. I didn't understand that. Long term doesnt matter. This week matters. Just reiterating he shouldn't have started this ballgame.

GBR

I will assume Cam BUT, a new position, a project, nothing is guaranteed. They named him starter before Spring started. I didn't understand that. Long term doesnt matter. This week matters. Just reiterating he shouldn't have started this ballgame.

GBR
Agree to disagree.

Wasn't Cam almost a 5 star athlete? He did not look like it today. Why all the high snaps?

Snaps obviously are a fundamental job requirement for center.

But so are making line calls and completing blocks.

Re calls and blocks, did anyone see enough to draw a contrast?
Calls no. Blocks, to my untrained eye, go to Farniok...

This is coming from someone that is pulling hard for Cam.

Reactions: nelsonj22

We dont blame Cam. We blame the coaches. His Dad In particular.

Agree to disagree.
Both players are the same age and Will proved he is stronger at blocking and a better snapper. Don't understand all the praise heaped on CJ and throwing little willy under the bus. Willy proved today he was the right choice.

CJs performance reminded me of Gates in the bowl game, just humiliated

Run over like a stream rover if don’t see it your trdicuulaz

Snaps by Farniok were far better. Timing of the whole play starts there. Want to watch replay and see if the snaps on our first TD were all good. Bad snaps set the tone of making Martinez uncomfortable all day.

Well it took all of one game to find a new whipping boy. A Freshman in his first game is now a bust.

Just might need more data to reach any conclusions but not on RSS. The over reaction on here is legendary.

Reactions: Gbr5x
I dont understand the question? The only ones that make the call are the coaches. How did you think Farniok performed? Better or worse?

GBR

He snapped it better for sure. As far as how he played i cant really say. If im being honest we sucked both halves running the ball so im not sure if he was better or not.

Holla

Both players are the same age and Will proved he is stronger at blocking and a better snapper. Don't understand all the praise heaped on CJ and throwing little willy under the bus. Willy proved today he was the right choice.

CJs performance reminded me of Gates in the bowl game, just humiliated
Agree to disagree

Seems like given a choice between potential in the future and the player someone is currently, the staff is going to go with developing potential more often than not.

I do think it’s good he got this game action going forward for depth purposes. He’s gonna have to take some lumps at some point getting used to meaningful O-line game action so might as well be now

Farniok played much better.
Tough to grade without the coach's video. I guess I thought it was tough to see all that much when the whole O line appeared to be getting pushed backwards. Hopefully IF it's fairly obvious when they look at the film they adjust the plan. It took half the year and a season ending injury last year to move Farmer to center, so I'm not optimistic.

Reactions: rrthusker
ADVERTISEMENT