ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

How many wins in the regular season do you expect?

• 10+

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 72 57.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • 5-

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
Kid must be pretty special, as you would think the summer injury would have hampered his development. I could easily see him getting a lower rep count over the season than the older guys, as the younger Farniok is also ready to play.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Kid must be pretty special, as you would think the summer injury would have hampered his development. I could easily see him getting a lower rep count over the season than the older guys, as the younger Farniok is also ready to play.

Im having a strong feeling that his summer injury was a minor re-sprain of the broken foot issue he had a year ago. He wasn't out all that long and is now playing with the 1's again, so I am assuming it was something related but minor.

Having said that, if this kid whoops ass, have him start!

Im having a strong feeling that his summer injury was a minor re-sprain of the broken foot issue he had a year ago. He wasn't out all that long and is now playing with the 1's again, so I am assuming it was something related but minor.

Having said that, if this kid whoops ass, have him start!
The staff provided no details of his injury, so people could assume the worst about Cam's injury. My older kid ran XC and track from middle school through college. Runners go into boots after reporting foot or ankle pain that impedes their training. Happened to my kid his first year in college. They checked for a stress fracture. There was never a definite diagnosis, but it was probably a trapped nerve, as the problem went away after a couple of days on a strong anti inflammatory.

Reactions: spinner4
Frost saying he is expected to be the #1 center and is back at full speed. Called him a game changer.

If he can stay healthy, it would not surprise me if he’s our next All American offensive linemen.

giphy.gif

Frost saying he is expected to be the #1 center and is back at full speed. Called him a game changer.

If he can stay healthy, it would not surprise me if he’s our next All American offensive linemen.
He's a bit undersized, trust Frost that he doesn't get thrown around like a rag doll like all are other undersized centers.

I think Sichterman is a better option at RG

With Cam's injury history, Farniok will likely get his shot at OC

Did...did you just call it "offensive center"????

I gotta ask two things.

1. What is the main sport in the country where you were born and currently live?
2. How old are you?

OC? Well, that just happens to be one of the best nightly dramas to ever hit the networks.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I am surprised they are starting him. I figured they would take it way slow with him (obviously they know more than I do). This is exciting.

Sink or swim at this point IMHO. I can't see him being kid gloved all the way to the NFL. He's a guy you've got to put on the field if all the hype is legit and the stress on your skeleton is either going to be able to handle it or not.

I hope he kills the guys across from him....especially that Colorado D line and beyond.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Really expected Will to be starting at least a few weeks. Welp...........here we go!

The way it sounded, it sounds like Will Farniok might be the starter game one. Jurgens got named the starter but Frost did say he would go with Will till Jurgens was 100%. But if Cam Jurgens is 100% come S Bama...is fully expect to see Cam there.

But wait, I thought we were all pretty sure his career was over and he'd never contribute?

Reactions: jedihusker
Frost just sees himself when he looks at Jurgens.. so it messes with his judgement.. he is almost Trump-ish in his praise for that guy. maybe it's deserved.

Last edited:
The typo isn’t what confused me. Lol

There are some that think Jurgens and Frost look similar. @NikkiSixx is saying that Frost gets confused when he looks at Jurgens and it messes with his judgement.

I also think the Trump comments is him saying that, for a guy that is oft-injured and never played the position in a game, Frost is heaping a lot of praise on the player, but maybe it is deserved.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Looks like we will get to see for ourselves over the next few weeks. There is evidence that the kid is freakishly athletic for his size and he is now bigger. Apparently also stronger than an ox and Frost has stated that he is the best blocker on the team.
He could’ve played a variety of positions on the team but the coaching staff rolled the dice when they determined that he could hold gain and carry Olineman weight.
If the kids can stay off of the injury list and on the field Nebraska may have a Tasmanian devil at center.

Reactions: saluno22
I am sure Frost follows TO’s M.O. when it comes to starters and injuries. A starter doesn’t lose his spot due to injury. Cam was the #1guy when healthy. What I read is that currently Will Farniok‘s best isn’t better than the best Cam Jurgens.

Anyone who thinks HCSF is bias because of a resemblance in looks is cra-cra. HCSF man crush for Cam is because of how good he is. Guess what Coach Austin has the same man crush on Cam. Are you going to tell me Cam and Greg Austin look a like?

And anyone who thinks Cam isn’t #1 on the depth chart because there isn’t one is also cra-cra. The staff has had a depth chart for this team since December (at least). We just aren’t privileged enough to see it. Maybe Tuco has. IDK.

Lastly. Anyone who has doubts that Cam can step up and play a position he’s never played before and excel at it, please look up 9 time pro-bowler Jason Peters. No, not the one that played for the Huskers. The one that was a TE for Arkansas and went on to be one of the best OT’s in the past 25 years. Wisconsin has had some success with it too.

Bottom line Cam is the starter because he hasn’t lost the spot due to play.

Reactions: saluno22
There are some that think Jurgens and Frost look similar. @NikkiSixx is saying that Frost gets confused when he looks at Jurgens and it messes with his judgement.

I also think the Trump comments is him saying that, for a guy that is oft-injured and never played the position in a game, Frost is heaping a lot of praise on the player, but maybe it is deserved.
Lol. Thanks for the translation Tuco. I was not aware that people think they look alike. So I was genuinely confused with the comment about Frost seeing himself in Jurgens.

And for what it’s worth, now that you mention it, they do have a resemblance.

Lol. Thanks for the translation Tuco. I was not aware that people think they look alike. So I was genuinely confused with the comment about Frost seeing himself in Jurgens.

And for what it’s worth, now that you mention it, they do have a resemblance.

It’s OK, there’s a post above yours where @spinner4 thinks Nikki Sixx was serious.

It’s OK, there’s a post above yours where @spinner4 thinks Nikki Sixx was serious.
Did I? I don’t remember quoting Nikki Sixx or using the name Nikki Sixx in my post. Nikki’s post was satire for people who really believe stupid crap like that. And I was following the same suit

Did I? I don’t remember quoting Nikki Sixx or using the name Nikki Sixx in my post. Nikki’s post was satire for people who really believe stupid crap like that. And I was following the same suit

ADVERTISEMENT