ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule Press Conference Signing Day

RBigredMax

Senior
Mar 23, 2023
A few thoughts and observations.

—Rhule looked tired! He’s been hustling and I’m sure the rest of the staff is ready for some shut-eye.

—Satt will call plays - basically called the media out for trying to make drama where there wasn’t any.

—We are 5-7 until we kick off next year.

—Culture is in place and miles ahead of last year.

—Expects QB competition and says our guys won’t get better without lots of reps and expects all 3 QB’s to have plenty of reps.

—I think it was comments about Micah regarding that he has a long way to go to meet the culture expectations of the the team. It’s not about what you have done it’s about hard you are grinding and working now.

—Really liked his comment regarding players saying how pissed they were that lost to Iowa and Wisconsin right after the game. Be pissed now, work hard now, this is the time you need to sacrifice to beat those teams.

—Overall Coach Rhule is a grinder and he’s not asking the team to act in a way he isn’t willing to act himself.

GBR!!!

—Rhule looked tired! He’s been hustling and I’m sure the rest of the staff is ready for some shut-eye.

—Satt will call plays - basically called the media out for trying to make drama where there wasn’t any.

—Expects QB competition and says our guys won’t get better without lots of reps and expects all 3 QB’s to have plenty of reps.

—I think it was comments about Micah regarding that he has a long way to go to meet the culture expectations of the the team. It’s not about what you have done it’s about hard you are grinding and working now.

—Really liked his comment regarding players saying how pissed they were that lost to Iowa and Wisconsin right after the game. Be pissed now, work hard now, this is the time you need to sacrifice to beat those teams.

—Overall Coach Rhule is a grinder and he’s not asking the team to act in a way he isn’t willing to act himself.

GBR!!!
Said he was tired but I thought he looked energized and very happy. Wish I could look like that when being tired.

One thing that no one mentioned. What a shocking turnaround on signing day. We used to lose out on the majority of signing day picks or get some player who other teams backed off of. Now we are doing so good we confidently re-schedule press conferences so we can talk about 4-stars who haven't even announced yet.

I thought his press conference was pure gold. Doesn't talk down to people. Answers honestly. Tons of good info. I'm pretty sure he said he wants to carry 14 wideouts. And his explanation of Satt coaching te's and Thomas coaching was very insightful. Makes perfect sense to have a qb coach who can devote 100% of his time to his young qb's.

Said he was tired but I thought he looked energized and very happy. Wish I could look like that when being tired.

One thing that no one mentioned. What a shocking turnaround on signing day. We used to lose out on the majority of signing day picks or get some player who other teams backed off of. Now we are doing so good we confidently re-schedule press conferences so we can talk about 4-stars who haven't even announced yet.

I thought his press conference was pure gold. Doesn't talk down to people. Answers honestly. Tons of good info. I'm pretty sure he said he wants to carry 14 wideouts. And his explanation of Satt coaching te's and Thomas coaching was very insightful. Makes perfect sense to have a qb coach who can devote 100% of his time to his young qb's.
In regards to wrs, I thought he said a lot of teams have that many.

YES on WINNING the final day recruits instead of losing them....

Reactions: Spectrumalaska

C

GBR!!!
The thing that really struck me was his comments about the role of the OC and the role of the QB coach being too much for one person. I don't disagree with that and think he made a good adjustment to the staff. BUT you also have to marvel at how Osborne was the OC, QB coach AND the head coach all at the same time. Plus these days you have high paid supporting analyst positions on the staff to help out. Have to really admire how Osborne was able to do so much (and for a far lower salary).

The thing that really struck me was his comments about the role of the OC and the role of the QB coach being too much for one person. I don't disagree with that and think he made a good adjustment to the staff. BUT you also have to marvel at how Osborne was the OC, QB coach AND the head coach all at the same time. Plus these days you have high paid supporting analyst positions on the staff to help out. Have to really admire how Osborne was able to do so much (and for a far lower salary).
Osborne was simply the smartest man in every room he entered.

I thought Turner Gill was QB coach, at least a few years.

edit:
1992 -2002 qb coach, GA one year soon after graduation.

We had everything locked in weeks before signing day, zero drama. Then plucked a couple great recruits in the end to put a cherry on top. That’s what you can do when you have your shit together. Lazy schlubs who are scrambling to put it all together don’t have the time and opportunity to pull 2 additional (potentially game changing type recruits) when your class is already done and wrapped up.

GBR!!!
A quick mention of our walk on QB might have been smart when discussing the QBs. I know he was asked specifically about only having 3 scholarship QBs. We were a snap or two from having to play Longval last fall at one point. I think we need to keep him around.

A quick mention of our walk on QB might have been smart when discussing the QBs. I know he was asked specifically about only having 3 scholarship QBs. We were a snap or two from having to play Longval last fall at one point. I think we need to keep him around.
Good point. I don't know if he's here for Spring or not until Summer.

Either way, it will be telling whether or not they go after a seasoned portal QB after Spring practice. That will tell us just how well the two freshmen progressed during Spring practice.

Good point. I don't know if he's here for Spring or not until Summer.

Either way, it will be telling whether or not they go after a seasoned portal QB after Spring practice. That will tell us just how well the two freshmen progressed during Spring practice.
They aren't going after a portal qb unless there is an injury. That's what Rhule said. We are rolling with the guys we have and Rhule is going to let Thomas develop them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT