ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers travel to Champaign as 9.5 underdog

But if you keep "taking it" they'll keep giving it to you and you'll like it

ezgif-3-1f60dcc8bf.gif

Reactions: viewfromthebooth
Yup.. same exact play on Mast. Refs continue to be garbage in this pedo conference
The officiating is just so bad in college sports right now it is unbelievable. I heard that it took 16 minutes to play the last 30 seconds of the Purdue/Wisky game. Not sure if true, but with all of the reviews.... It is bad. I get judgement calls, but Wilcher getting called at the end of regulation is ****in ridiculous, as well as Sam H and then you don't call the same thing. Just BS. Nebraska needs to rebound better to not be in this position, but what a crock of shit.

The officiating is just so bad in college sports right now it is unbelievable. I heard that it took 16 minutes to play the last 30 seconds of the Purdue/Wisky game. Not sure if true, but with all of the reviews.... It is bad. I get judgement calls, but Wilcher getting called at the end of regulation is ****in ridiculous, as well as Sam H and then you don't call the same thing. Just BS. Nebraska needs to rebound better to not be in this position, but what a crock of shit.
Agree. I don't think anyone has it out for Nebraska itself but almost every game i see is full of terrible calls. It also seems to be a case where the squeaky wheel gets the grease with the calls when coaches are getting after the refs early in games.

NU was beaten badly on the board 66-32 and even though we were perfect from the strip Illini shot 16 FT more than we did and that was really felt at the end of regulation and OVT..

Officiating was worse in the Purdue/ Wisky game..

FWIW, I do feel better the rest of the way winning a few games on the road..

Last edited:
Agree. I don't think anyone has it out for Nebraska itself but almost every game i see is full of terrible calls. It also seems to be a case where the squeaky wheel gets the grease with the calls when coaches are getting after the refs early in games.
Which is nuts to me. You would think those coaches like Fran, Underwood, etc. who just bitch all game that it would be the exact opposite. I get it is home court cookin, but Nebraska usually gets none of that. You might be on to something because Fred is so chill most of the time.

I mean, NU looks like a tourney team and if they get in and are playing on a neutral court, I can see them winning 2 games. Kesi can get on a heater, he proved that. Mast is an interesting match up, he can't dribble past guys but he can shoot the 3 and post up.

Get in, win that first game and then with little or no prep time, you are on to that next game.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
We got Fvd!

I don't think the refs have it "out for Nebraska" in a very direct manner, although a case could be made for that. BB officiating is really biased toward several teams to give them the preference. There is no doubt that calls are made inconsistently depending on what team you are. There were probably 5-10 calls just in the last few minutes of the game last night that are clear evidence of that.

Michigan State, Purdue, and Wisconsin are the teams that get all 50-50 calls, unless a B1G ref has no choice but to make the correct call. Illinois, Indiana, and Maryland are in the next tier of teams who get calls from the refs. The remaining teams are probably about even in how games are called.

What will be interesting is how the new Pac 12 team's games are called when they enter the conference next year. While UCLA certainly has the BB blue blood history, my guess is they will be basically "just another team" and are in the lower tier of bias.

Edit: I meant "will be" going forward in the B1G.

Last edited:
Reactions: viewfromthebooth
Which is nuts to me. You would think those coaches like Fran, Underwood, etc. who just bitch all game that it would be the exact opposite. I get it is home court cookin, but Nebraska usually gets none of that. You might be on to something because Fred is so chill most of the time.

I have noticed this year that Hoiberg has been more demonstrative with the officiating than in prior years. Not a raving lunatic like Izzo, Underwood, or Fran but he has jumped on the refs a lot. Unfortunately - see my prior post - NU has no positive history in BB and it has made no difference.

UCLA basketball fans must feel a lot like Nebraska football fans these days.
Bruins don't have a very passionate fan base, but the team has been a lot more relevant than NU football since Mick Cronin arrived. Final Four two years ago, Sweet Sixteen last year. 2024 is a rebuilding year.

I'm not a UCLA fan, but Cronin will always get the most out of his roster.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT