ADVERTISEMENT

This Offense

lol. it could go no other way
There was nothing veiled about it. Who is a detractor? And what person tries to “save face” with people he doesn’t know on an anonymous board? How goofy are you? It is a direct joke about those of you who wet their pants at the mere suggestion that HH isn’t the 2nd coming. Continue on with your paranoid quest.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Well, much like Rhule clearly had his hands on the offense the last game, I’m told by many friends that are SC alums that Beamer called the plays against Tennessee and Clemson. Satterfield was run out of town. I recognize that is hearsay, but with the budget Rhule was given I hoped he’d bring in someone more qualified.
Maybe. Beamer calling plays for those 2 games would be really interesting since he spent most of his career on defense and special teams. His offense experience is with TE & RB. He had NO prior experience calling plays.

Here's a quote from Beamer from The Greenville News after the Clemson game ""What a fighter he is, and he'll be the first to tell you we didn't coach well enough in the Florida and the Missouri game," Beamer said of Satterfield after the win at Clemson. "That is a fantastic defense we just played ... We knew it was going to be tough and ugly at times ... and Satt did a great job."

I don't know what's true but I'm suspicious of that rumor.

Edit: IF Beamer called the plays vs Tenn & Clem, he should have done it again in the Bowl Game as their offense sucked. That's almost an argument against the rumor of him calling plays against Tenn & Clem.

Last edited:
Even CU had about a 30% larger student body than us and I guarantee you more wealthy people have attended CU and send their kids there.
Aside just demographic wealth statistics, I can't come up with a better metric of a particular University Program's 'NIL Donation Capability' (insert better term) than the general endowment of that University, which is published information. We're probably in the lower part of the top third of that list. Exponentially less funding than Texas/A&M, and exponentially less than even Michigan and OSU, BUT well within a standard deviation of most of the rest of our conference. Certainly in the same general bracket as CU. They're nowhere close to the big money schools.

It's funny, a year ago, a ton of people here were CERTAIN that we were one of the best-positioned programs in terms of NIL. Seems like everyone now knows that a load of shit. Doesn't mean the money isn't there to make a difference in the positions we're severely under-talented. We can all see where the needs are. Our problem isn't development so much as it's Math.

Last edited:
Maybe. Beamer calling plays for those 2 games would be really interesting since he spent most of his career on defense and special teams. His offense experience is with TE & RB. He had NO prior experience calling plays.

Here's a quote from Beamer from The Greenville News after the Clemson game ""What a fighter he is, and he'll be the first to tell you we didn't coach well enough in the Florida and the Missouri game," Beamer said of Satterfield after the win at Clemson. "That is a fantastic defense we just played ... We knew it was going to be tough and ugly at times ... and Satt did a great job."

I don't know what's true but I'm suspicious of that rumor.

Edit: IF Beamer called the plays vs Tenn & Clem, he should have done it again in the Bowl Game as their offense sucked. That's almost an argument against the rumor of him calling plays against Tenn & Clem.
I don't know what to make of that rumor, either

adding to the intrigue, there were plenty of these things out in the ether:
Per Thamel, South Carolina "made a strong push to keep Satterfield."

but also no word of contract extension talks having ever taken place during his 2 years there

either way, he's here and he does seem open to input/change, which is a good sign for any employee

isn't the point of higher education to produce grads who do better than the previous generation?

huge boosters don't come from generational wealth. they're largely self-made.
Wrong. The self made ultra wealthy person is rare and when it does happen they normally come from families of substance.

Find one post where I say I want Sims as qb......
We currently have 3 QB's who aren't freshman:

Sims - 58.07% passing. Dude is a legitimate threat on the run. Very high turnover rate. 31 to 27 TD to INT rate. 6.8 yards a pass when caught. He's going to throw an INT almost as often as he throws for a score.

Haarberg - 52.1% passing. Dude is a legitimate threat on the run. 4 to 2 TD to INT rate. 6.6 yds per pass when caught. He's going to throw a TD twice as many times as he's going to throw an INT.

Purdy - 49.42% passing. Actually, the worst turnover rate of our experienced QB's 4 to 4 TD to INT rate. He's
going to throw an INT as many times as he's going to throw a TD. Not a significant threat on the run.

So, if you're bagging on HH and don't want Sims, then what are you trying to say? We go to Purdy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT