ADVERTISEMENT

The offense next year?

for productivity, yes. That should also mean he has fewer miles on that body. The hip surgery might take care of that unfortunately.
Gabe is the kind of back Rhule wants on his roster. If he is able to come back healthy, I think it would be difficult for them to get a better back then him out of the portal..

Reactions: OzzyLvr
No you

Seriously, the only way to make the option out of the I formation (everyone said you couldn't make it work) efficient as possible was to make certain the QB didn't keep the ball as often as Solich allowed Crouch or Lord did. Osborne knew Frost needed to keep more, so he ran a lot of single back sets in 97. Plus Frank called option a lot more often out of the I.

Not counting bowl games for career
Turner Gill 8.17 carries/game
Tommie Frazier 9.77 carries/game
Scott Frost 12.58 carries/game 10.5 in 96 14.66 in 97 with ace split sets
Eric Crouch 14.84 carries/game. Every season his average carry per game increased.
Jammal Lord 17.25. 251 carries in 02. 215 when Cotton took over play calling duties.

Solich doesn't need to teach anyone THIS offense. He drove a Lambo into a ditch. Granted, anyone could have. Osborne was that much a genius. You'll never see someone have 5 national titles calling the offense ever again.
Many if Crouch’s runs were not called plays. He has said several times in interviews that a play would be called, he would get to the line and see it wouldn’t work so he would just take off. Many of the QB draws people thought Soluch was calling were not designed as runs. They were pass calls that Crouch turned in to QB run plays. That’s according to the man himself.

needs to clean them up and has said as much.

I understand the expectation of most here is perfection in every facet of the game for our QB six games into his playing career.

I'm not going to bag on HH too much on his 1st fumble. If you watch the video at about the 5:00 mark, he does the correct thing in not pitching. As he feels the contact, it appears to me that he does bring his off hand onto the football to try to protect it. That's what we would expect him to do. The defender does get his hand in to rip it out so I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe the defender had good leverage and was able to rip it out regardless or maybe HH just didn't grip it quite tight enough. I really can't tell. I do think he attempted to protect the ball with both hands like he's supposed to. You can't really tell him to "just go down" there & at the same time tell him that he's running more passive than he did the first few weeks.

The second fumble was a good hit by the defender but HH should have seen that coming and prepared for it. Even then, with a perfectly placed helmet it is extremely hard to hold onto the football.

Many if Crouch’s runs were not called plays. He has said several times in interviews that a play would be called, he would get to the line and see it wouldn’t work so he would just take off. Many of the QB draws people thought Soluch was calling were not designed as runs. They were pass calls that Crouch turned in to QB run plays. That’s according to the man himself.
The majority of his runs were called option plays. Which is fine if you aren't in the I formation. This isn't putting the blame on Crouch but if you call option out of the I formation the IB needs to carry a lot more than we did under Frank. This is according to Osborne himself and it shows in stats and what he did in 97

needs to clean them up and has said as much.

I understand the expectation of most here is perfection in every facet of the game for our QB six games into his playing career.
I just find it funny people ignore what Haarberg did twice before Sims came in and did it yet want to boycott Amigos.

But what you said was improve game to game. I saw minimal due to the fumbles. Which is fine because I prefer this offense and can see him carrying this offense over to the next QB we would need to recruit that doesn't care about the NFL for this offense.

I just find it funny people ignore what Haarberg did twice before Sims came in and did it yet want to boycott Amigos.

But what you said was improve game to game. I saw minimal due to the fumbles. Which is fine because I prefer this offense and can see him carrying this offense over to the next QB we would need to recruit that doesn't care about the NFL for this offense.
I find it funny people ignore all the good stuff our QB does and instead insist on bitching and moaning during the first 5-1 stretch the program's witnessed in 7 years.

carry on you miserable sack of pj fleck's ejaculate

for productivity, yes. That should also mean he has fewer miles on that body. The hip surgery might take care of that unfortunately.
I’ll be surprised if he’s able to come back from that injury by next fall. Medically if he tore the arterial supply to his femoral ligament he’s eventually headed for a Bo Jackson situation.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
I find it funny people ignore all the good stuff our QB does and instead insist on bitching and moaning during the first 5-1 stretch the program's witnessed in 7 years.

carry on you miserable sack of pj fleck's ejaculate
**** off biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

What about me saying I like the offense is sarcasm? It would be consistent with me wanting to hire Fleck.

That time of the month?
so, to be clear, you want pj fleck to coach the team and to recruit QBs who don't care about the NFL

and you say both with a straight face?

if so, I do hope you can understand where the confusion comes from

Guess not.
Kong needs to remember his vitriol against prior QBs and realize fans, especially of big time programs, bitch about their team. Haarberg isn't a slouch, and I appreciate his toughness. I don't think he has the equity of putting the ball on the turf twice a game and them not be due to learning how to pitch. I also question the appearances of him getting a pass for these mistakes but not Sims. I was pretty quiet during the game thread, because they fortunately happened when we were up 21 and 24 to 0.

Improvement? Improvement would have been what he did minus one fumble kong.

so, to be clear, you want pj fleck to coach the team and to recruit QBs who don't care about the NFL

and you say both with a straight face?

if so, I do hope you can understand where the confusion comes from
I wanted Fleck. He wouldn't have ran this offense but he would have built the lines and that's all I care about. I did zero complaining when it was Rhule. Because I knew he would build the lines and that's all I care about. Running power and option has been a pleasant surprise nobody knew would happen, you disingenuous douche

I’ll be surprised if he’s able to come back from that injury by next fall. Medically if he tore the arterial supply to his femoral ligament he’s eventually headed for a Bo Jackson situation.
Do we have any idea on the extent of damage?

Guess not.
you have displayed a lack of ability to separate your very strong feelings for me from both my and others' opinions

it seems you have entered the "literally anything but agree with Kong" phase of posterhood

and here I thought you above run of the mill trolling, jnebby2

I wanted Fleck. He wouldn't have ran this offense but he would have built the lines and that's all I care about. I did zero complaining when it was Rhule. Because I knew he would build the lines and that's all I care about. Running power and option has been a pleasant surprise nobody knew would happen, you disingenuous douche
my apologies for misinterpreting your post about finding the next QB who doesn't care about the NFL to run the offense as sarcasm

Reactions: Bruce1981
my apologies for misinterpreting your post about finding the next QB who doesn't care about the NFL to run the offense as sarcasm
I'm sorry for calling you a douche. I should have said you were acting like one.

But I think that's what Nebraska is. It's a football program that needs tough athletes at QB that are fine with not making it to the next level in order to run a system that isn't going to prepare them for it. I think AM would have flourished had Frost picked up Osborne's playbook. I'm not saying a QB can't make it to the next level. If Haarberg wants to go, he's young enough to put in the work and needs to. And I think people, including myself need to give him a little more leash in learning the intricacies of what this system requires from him.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
you have displayed a lack of ability to separate your very strong feelings for me from both my and others' opinions

it seems you have entered the "literally anything but agree with Kong" phase of posterhood

and here I thought you above run of the mill trolling, jnebby2
There it is, making up things that aren't really happening.

I'm sorry for calling you a douche. I should have said you were acting like one.

But I think that's what Nebraska is. It's a football program that needs tough athletes at QB that are fine with not making it to the next level in order to run a system that isn't going to prepare them for it. I think AM would have flourished had Frost picked up Osborne's playbook. I'm not saying a QB can't make it to the next level. If Haarberg wants to go, he's young enough to put in the work and needs to. And I think people, including myself need to give him a little more leash in learning the intricacies of what this system requires from him.
couldn't love this post more, Bruce

I agree 100%

in addition to the Manning passing academy, HH needs to go to option read/pitch grad school this offseason

if he and our backs get comfortable running triple/speed option, our ceiling is sky high

Do we have any idea on the extent of damage?
Not yet. They might not disclose that kind of detail. I don’t know if they can repair the artery in the round ligament of the femoral artery or not. It would need to have been done quickly I would think. Awfully tight and tough space to work in. I don’t remember now if Bo Jackson had a capital physeal fracture or dislocation that caused his femoral head atrophy.

No you

Seriously, the only way to make the option out of the I formation (everyone said you couldn't make it work) efficient as possible was to make certain the QB didn't keep the ball as often as Solich allowed Crouch or Lord did. Osborne knew Frost needed to keep more, so he ran a lot of single back sets in 97. Plus Frank called option a lot more often out of the I.

Not counting bowl games for career
Turner Gill 8.17 carries/game
Tommie Frazier 9.77 carries/game
Scott Frost 12.58 carries/game 10.5 in 96 14.66 in 97 with ace split sets
Eric Crouch 14.84 carries/game. Every season his average carry per game increased.
Jammal Lord 17.25. 251 carries in 02. 215 when Cotton took over play calling duties.

Solich doesn't need to teach anyone THIS offense. He drove a Lambo into a ditch. Granted, anyone could have. Osborne was that much a genius. You'll never see someone have 5 national titles calling the offense ever again.
Ignorant.
You dont even know how the option works.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Just to clarify - you are serious when you say you wanted PJ Fleck to coach Nebraska?

Just to clarify - you are serious when you say you wanted PJ Fleck to coach Nebraska?
He emphasizes defense, line play and running the ball. Could care less about anything else. I'm very happy with the Rhule hire. I don't really need posters on this boards shit since everyone had a hard on for Aranda.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT