KingBlackshirt

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 3, 2007
Is missing
QB1
RB 1 and 2
WR 2 plus Betts who was like WR1
TE3
Has a LT who should be in the MAC and their best WR is 5’5”.

The bye week has to be all about getting the young WRs on the field and creative plays to get more vertical. Whether it’s HH or Sims I don’t think I’ve seen a Husker team with so few weapons in a long time.

If we don't turn the ball over like 3 times in IL territory and score 10 more points does this change all the discussion about the offense. HH is responsible for the interception but the 2 fumbles and missed kick aren't his problem. 30-7 makes the offense look a lot better.

If we don't turn the ball over like 3 times in IL territory and score 10 more points does this change all the discussion about the offense. HH is responsible for the interception but the 2 fumbles and missed kick aren't his problem. 30-7 makes the offense look a lot better.
No the offense is abysmal.

I love HH but he’s no Ganz. Ganz was also a gamer with intangibles to help save a husker offense. But that kid had qb skills.

HH is giving us minimum viable qb play. He could explode into Tebow or the bottom could drop out if some of these shouldas go the other way.

We just don’t know. IMO he’s going to need more than “intangibles “ to be viable at NU.

Is missing
QB1
RB 1 and 2
WR 2 plus Betts who was like WR1
TE3
Has a LT who should be in the MAC and their best WR is 5’5”.

The bye week has to be all about getting the young WRs on the field and creative plays to get more vertical. Whether it’s HH or Sims I don’t think I’ve seen a Husker team with so few weapons in a long time.
Because we were dominant with those starters? Betting on Betts was a coaching issue, betting Gilbert was a coaching issue.

If all the times HH has put the ball on the carpet in 4 games the other team recovered and all the balls that should have been intercepted caught does that change the perception of the QB debate going on with some on here?

One Fumble was HH’s fault, he didn’t put the handoff in the right spot.

No the offense is abysmal.

I love HH but he’s no Ganz. Ganz was also a gamer with intangibles to help save a husker offense. But that kid had qb skills.

HH is giving us minimum viable qb play. He could explode into Tebow or the bottom could drop out if some of these shouldas go the other way.

We just don’t know. IMO he’s going to need more than “intangibles “ to be viable at NU.
The offense isn't lighting it up but can't change it now. Lots of injuries and players leaving have us playing 3rd to 4th string + in some positions.
What if HH gets hurt, remember what sims did? Remember how Purdy played last year? It can get a lot worse than HH. And to my point if we score 30+ on IL the discussion is a lot different.

The offense isn't lighting it up but can't change it now. Lots of injuries and players leaving have us playing 3rd to 4th string + in some positions.
What if HH gets hurt, remember what sims did? Remember how Purdy played last year? It can get a lot worse than HH. And to my point if we score 30+ on IL the discussion is a lot different.
I’m not advocating changing anything. We have to roll with the hand we’re dealt. The fact that we have to live with this this year, doesn’t mean jack squat for next year though.

If all the times HH has put the ball on the carpet in 4 games the other team recovered and all the balls that should have been intercepted caught does that change the perception of the QB debate going on with some on here?
No doubt.

Because we were dominant with those starters? Betting on Betts was a coaching issue, betting Gilbert was a coaching issue.
You really must be a joy to live with. Do you really think losing the players that we have wouldn’t make a difference? Because I think you’re full of it. You can’t lose top players on your squad and not have it matter.

Were we dominant with them? No. Would we be better with them? Undoubtedly.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You really must be a joy to live with. Do you really think losing the players that we have wouldn’t make a difference? Because I think you’re full of it. You can’t lose top players on your squad and not have it matter.

Were we dominant with them? No. Would we be better with them? Undoubtedly.
gilbert wasn't contributing this year anyway

his loss is a non-factor

Reactions: scarletred
Had to play a backup backup emergency QB one year at SC then had Spencer Rattler. Nuff said.
Nuff said? I don't think either of those things account for the conference-leading lost fumble numbers:

If they don't take the chance they are still in the same boat. So betting on them was the right move. Before you respond "they took snaps...". They took those snaps because they were more talented. Can't not give them run for what may happen in the future. They gambled and lost but at least they saw the dearth of talent and took a shot.

Reactions: timnsun and OzzyLvr
At present, Haarberg is the best fit with the defense, but the offense isn’t a thing of beauty half the time. I’d like to see Sims get some reps with the instructions being just go play football.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
If the damn offensive line would start knocking this Junior high stuff of false starting we’d be having more points on the board.😡
You would think that veteran players would know the snap count and quit getting the heebie jeebies when the DL makes a lunge. Can't be their fault though, they are not the ones expected to execute plays on the field. That is their Coaches job for crying out loud.

If my aunt had balls would she..... nevermind

If my aunt had balls would she..... nevermind

Those are facts. He has put the ball on the carpet numerous times and literally thrown the ball to defenders a ton. So it's getting old hearing the bullshit that he protects the ball. Nebraska has been flat out lucky so far.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Those are facts. He has put the ball on the carpet numerous times and literally thrown the ball to defenders a ton. So it's getting old hearing the bullshit that he protects the ball. Nebraska has been flat out lucky so far.
I guess I would rather have a lucky QB than an unlucky one🥴. I think it will be tough to improve Heinrich’s accuracy but his decision making should get better.

Different defense
Ours or theirs? The bulk of our defense played last year as well. So as the OL. Thompson spit the bit and moved on again. Haarberg doesn't want to go anywhere. He just wants to win all the games left in his career.

I guess I would rather have a lucky QB than an unlucky one🥴. I think it will be tough to improve Heinrich’s accuracy but his decision making should get better.

I've already stated that Nebraska should go with him the rest of the year, but that's it. IMO they should develop him into a reliable back up and bring in a legit starting qb. He is the best fit, because he will not leave Nebraska and will be a good change of pace if he's needed.

Ours or theirs? The bulk of our defense played last year as well. So as the OL. Thompson spit the bit and moved on again. Haarberg doesn't want to go anywhere. He just wants to win all the games left in his career.
If Thompson had the benefit of this year’s defense, do you still have him at 4-6? Our defense improved last year after Chins was canned, but 22 sacks all year last year vs 17 right now after 6 games… that’s a pretty big difference if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT