ADVERTISEMENT

This Offense

I've already stated that Nebraska should go with him the rest of the year, but that's it. IMO they should develop him into a reliable back up and bring in a legit starting qb. He is the best fit, because he will not leave Nebraska and will be a good change of pace if he's needed.
It’s a pickle that we find ourselves in to be sure.

Sims is a TO machine and HH would be if ILL could catch. Also HH throws underhand. We don’t have a QB1 on the roster.
season 15 episode 22 GIF

Oh no you didn’t! You don’t make fun er Haarberg! You brought Cletus on yourself son.

If Thompson had the benefit of this year’s defense, do you still have him at 4-6? Our defense improved last year after Chins was canned, but 22 sacks all year last year vs 17 right now after 6 games… that’s a pretty big difference if you ask me.
Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up faster. Casey is still 4-6. If he cared about Nebraska Football he would be our starter now and we may even be 5-1 but he departed. Jeff Sims is 0-2. Heinrich is still 3-1 and counting.

This Offense is lacking MONEY. The better players, just inherently talented enough to garner a paycheck by playing college football (which is now the standard of care, for whomever missed it), are playing for other schools. This doesn’t mean we CAN’T have great players… it means that our athletic department and fans refuse to have them.

#TALENTNEEDNOTAPPLY

If all the times HH has put the ball on the carpet in 4 games the other team recovered and all the balls that should have been intercepted caught does that change the perception of the QB debate going on with some on here?

Those are facts. He has put the ball on the carpet numerous times and literally thrown the ball to defenders a ton. So it's getting old hearing the bullshit that he protects the ball. Nebraska has been flat out lucky so far.
Let's say I were to go watch the last 3 years of GT football and count how many times Sims putting balls on the carpet or a pass was dropped by or hit an opposing defender in which he had the good fortune of the ball not being recovered by the defense and throw that up there as tantamount to a turnover like you are.

Sims could quite possibly, in fact most likely, be put to shame by counting all the what if's dude.

Reactions: king_kong_
Ours or theirs? The bulk of our defense played last year as well. So as the OL. Thompson spit the bit and moved on again. Haarberg doesn't want to go anywhere. He just wants to win all the games left in his career.
Ours, Lots of guys playing on D that didn’t play last year. Different scheme & philosophy for both O & D. This year offense is better tailored to HH where last year’s offense was better tailored to CT. I truly believe that if we had this year’s defense with last year’s offense, CT’s record here is much different. Same with HH - if he had last year’s defense & special teams, he’s not 3-1 as a starter.

This offense
-Has a GA @ best coaching WRs
-Has a 2nd year O-Line coach that shouldn’t even coach pop Warner
-A RB coach who should be a recruiting coordinator or some kind of analyst, not a coach
- A TE coach no one would hire to be a coach. Guy was teaching 10th grade Civics last year and he got the coaching job by default.

And before you criticize me. How am I wrong? And how’s it Ok to criticize young players but not people being paid lots of money and failing at their job?

Let's say I were to go watch the last 3 years of GT football and count how many times Sims putting balls on the carpet or a pass was dropped by or hit an opposing defender in which he had the good fortune of the ball not being recovered by the defense and throw that up there as tantamount to a turnover like you are.

Sims could quite possibly, in fact most likely, be put to shame by counting all the what if's dude.

Find one post where I say I want Sims as qb......

The only fantasy is running through your brain that HH is the answer....
The only way he’s the answer is if he has a throwing arm injury that can be corrected surgically in the off season. So I’m sayin there’s a chance.

Seriously, I played against Jeff Quinn in high school. He was an AWFUL passer in high school. He improved enough in college to lead the nation in passing efficiency his senior year. He then signed with the Steelers and backed up Mark Malone for a year. Quinn was extremely quick though and a great option QB. 6-2 and about 210 in high school. Can Haarberg develop in to a Jeff Quinn type of QB? We could win a lot of games with him if he did.

Those are facts. He has put the ball on the carpet numerous times and literally thrown the ball to defenders a ton. So it's getting old hearing the bullshit that he protects the ball. Nebraska has been flat out lucky so far.
Relax, im not arguing and I actually agree. Just making a joke.

If we don't turn the ball over like 3 times in IL territory and score 10 more points does this change all the discussion about the offense. HH is responsible for the interception but the 2 fumbles and missed kick aren't his problem. 30-7 makes the offense look a lot better.
I've never seen a team stomp on its on junk in the redzone more then this Husker Program over the last decade. It really is amazing!

You make your own luck

It’s not missing QB1
For the love of God no more recruiting semi-marginal qb's so we don't hurt the delicate feelings of our current qb, who is admirable but has some issues. Hasn't this been one of our major issues the past 15 years? Week after week I see qb's on tv who can zip the ball into tight windows, scramble to lengthen the play and run a streak if needed. We will be second tier until we start getting those type of players.

• Love
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Guess I didn't know what to expect for Rhule's offense in year one, but it certainly wasn't running the QB as much as in the Jammal Lord days. Feels like Rhule is where Solich was 20 years ago - designing an offense around what they have to do due to talent shortcomings versus what they want to do. Solich dug his own grave on the talent issue, time will tell with Rhule

Reactions: dinglefritz
Guess I didn't know what to expect for Rhule's offense in year one, but it certainly wasn't running the QB as much as in the Jammal Lord days. Feels like Rhule is where Solich was 20 years ago - designing an offense around what they have to do due to talent shortcomings versus what they want to do. Solich dug his own grave on the talent issue, time will tell with Rhule
Hopefully our fan base has learned it's lesson for fittinge Solich level talent.

If Rhule gets us back to Solich heights, I'd personally rejoice.

This Offense is lacking MONEY. The better players, just inherently talented enough to garner a paycheck by playing college football (which is now the standard of care, for whomever missed it), are playing for other schools. This doesn’t mean we CAN’T have great players… it means that our athletic department and fans refuse to have them.

#TALENTNEEDNOTAPPLY
I’m not so sure you know what you’re talking about

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Charlie McBride defended the firing of Frank mostly because he quickly let the Pipeline deteriorate. The enormous difference between then and now is Solich inherited national championship caliber talent/coaching and Rhule inherited Frost’s mess. In fact, the Pipeline really has been absent since TO retired 25+ years ago and no offense can work without blocking.

And of course the schedule starting next year is much tougher than anything we ever encountered in Big 8/12 days. Rhule has an enormous hole to dig out of.

Last edited:
Charlie McBride defended the firing of Frank mostly because he quickly let the Pipeline deteriorate. The enormous difference between then and now is Solich inherited national championship caliber talent/coaching and Rhule inherited Frost’s mess. In fact, the Pipeline really has been absent since TO retired 25+ years ago and no offense can work without blocking.

And of course the schedule starting next year is much tougher than anything we ever encountered in Big 8/12 days. Rhule has an enormous hole to dig out of.
I love Frank but his recruiting left a lot to be desired.

Reactions: Baxter48
Hopefully our fan base has learned it's lesson for fittinge Solich level talent.

If Rhule gets us back to Solich heights, I'd personally rejoice.
Yes, Solich's worst teams were better than any Husker squad over the past 7 years, but the offense was spiralling down under Solich. The improvement in W/L record in Solich's last year was all because of an improved defense - statistically, the offense was worse than in 2002. The offense in Solich's final season averaged similar total YPG as this year, and a lower average yards per play than this year's team

Yes, Solich's worst teams were better than any Husker squad over the past 7 years, but the offense was spiralling down under Solich. The improvement in W/L record in Solich's last year was all because of an improved defense - statistically, the offense was worse than in 2002. The offense in Solich's final season averaged similar total YPG as this year, and a lower average yards per play than this year's team
improved D maybe. Softer schedule most definitely.

The school itself can’t have anything to do with paying the players. But by all means you go out and sign all the star players, that you can afford, to contracts to be spokesmen for your company.
valid, though they're all 'loosely tied'. Without naming names you know who's in charge of 1890. Blame whoever's making the decisions as who to target/pay... I know for a fact they've collected MILLIONS, nowhere near Texas Money, but also spending nowhere near schools who have comparable or arguably smaller endowments either. We're pound-for-pound being dramatically out-spent as a football program. Maybe its all going to Volleyball... I'm just not terribly interested in VB. They're awesome, I just don't care.

We need more talent on our team... we need to be developing MORE TALENTED PLAYERS than we currently are. Right now our program is just a big Gerbil-Wheel.... gonna keep right on spinning mindlessly until something changes. Not much has changed yet.

For the love of God no more recruiting semi-marginal qb's so we don't hurt the delicate feelings of our current qb, who is admirable but has some issues. Hasn't this been one of our major issues the past 15 years? Week after week I see qb's on tv who can zip the ball into tight windows, scramble to lengthen the play and run a streak if needed. We will be second tier until we start getting those type of players.
Second tier is a huge upgrade over what we’ve seen the past 7 years

When HH leaves this program will be on solid footing for someone to take us even higher

Zoom out, guy

valid, though they're all 'loosely tied'. Without naming names you know who's in charge of 1890. Blame whoever's making the decisions as who to target/pay... I know for a fact they've collected MILLIONS, nowhere near Texas Money, but also spending nowhere near schools who have comparable or arguably smaller endowments either. We're pound-for-pound being dramatically out-spent as a football program. Maybe its all going to Volleyball... I'm just not terribly interested in VB. They're awesome, I just don't care.

We need more talent on our team... we need to be developing MORE TALENTED PLAYERS than we currently are. Right now our program is just a big Gerbil-Wheel.... gonna keep right on spinning mindlessly until something changes. Not much has changed yet.
Come on, Matt Davison needs a new boat house, 1890 admin fees should help cover most of it.

Come on, Matt Davison needs a new boat house, 1890 admin fees should help cover most of it.
You’re makin my point… the money is there, or at least a helluva lot more than what we’re spending. We’re being grossly mismanaged from a talent acquisition standpoint.

Looks to me like we should have hired Deion Sanders. Good lord...over half the value in the top 5 goes to sCUm. And that's with a Heisman winner and a Manning in there 🥴
Not the point… it’s that WE’RE NOWHERE ON THIS F*CKING BOARD! The top talent, by the best metric that exists (name me a better one), don’t play for our team. And by all my means, keep on scrolling down the list. I have. It’ll be revealing to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT