ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks committee… can’t wait for

I’m not convinced they won’t face off in the semis.

Rankings could be: 1) Mich 2) Bama 3) UGA 4) Cincy

Or it could be: 1) Bama 2) Mich 3) Cincy 4) UGA

I also think Michigan could beat Georgia if they’re the 2-3 game.

Bama vs Georgia in championship ,,, f’n hate it with sec and their 8 conference games
Haven’t you notice how the Big10 has set up the divisions. All the top teams in one division and the also rans in the other.
If you have a problem with 8 conference games leading to a weaker team making the playoffs why hasn’t anyone been able to beat those weak teams in the playoffs games?
Let’s see how the best the Big10 has this year does against the second place team in the SEC.

The SEC always getting 2 teams in the Playoff while the other P5 conferences get 1 or zero is a total joke. The football National Championship is always a total joke. What if the basketball champion was determined by a 2 team or 4 team playoff?? Ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
The SEC always getting 2 teams in the Playoff while the other P5 conferences get 1 or zero is a total joke. The football National Championship is always a total joke. What if the basketball champion was determined by a 2 team or 4 team playoff?? Ridiculous.
Quit comparing the two sports for every one football game is played there is 3 Basketball games.
3/1 ratio..

What do you want 16 team playoff with Bama playing Ioway? That would be ridiculous..

Reactions: regionsdoc
5 p5 champs and 3 at-large? Seems like a bit of a problem with letting in 3 loss Utah this year for instance. But I think it would be better than the current model.
Why have conference CCG…For those that want 16 teams those CCG are like having a 16 team playoff..

5 Power5 champs and 3 at large that deserve playing in the playoffs is the best model..

The argument against conference championship games and playoffs was that rematches suck. The impact of Georgia losing is exactly zilch. Which begs the question why even play the games?

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Rematches suck. The playoff sucks. Go back to the old system. 1 vs 2 for the title. Games used to matter. Yesterday didn’t matter for bama or Georgia. Quit diminishing the results on the field. It should be bama vs Michigan. Winner take all. I’d rather watch that than the potential Georgia/bama rematch

Ya... so Michigan has to beat Georgia AND BAMA to win it.. while bama gets a cake walk in Cincinnati... what a joke

Alabama just beat the piss out of Georgia and can't play themselves. You agree Michigan has a cakewalk to the championship game, correct?

I think these matchups are fabulous. If Bama and Georgia meet again, and I think they will, it's going to be very difficult to argue where the best football is played, by a mile. But before we crown that let's see what Michigan and Cincy
can do. I'm not expecting very competitive games but at least two non SEC teams are getting a fair shot. Let the best man win.

Reactions: Catch50
I'd have a 12-team Playoff.

The P4 winners get a bye. With 8 at-large selections playing each other in the 1st round.

This ensures that a team like Georgia won't lose on purpose. And that a team like Cincinnati has to play a good opponent before advancing.

Ya... so Michigan has to beat Georgia AND BAMA to win it.. while bama gets a cake walk in Cincinnati... what a joke
From what has been said on this board Georgia has it much worst than Michigan. They have got to beat what all thinks should be the number 1 seed then after beating them then must beat Alabama. Poor Georgia!

Rematches suck. The playoff sucks. Go back to the old system. 1 vs 2 for the title. Games used to matter. Yesterday didn’t matter for bama or Georgia. Quit diminishing the results on the field. It should be bama vs Michigan. Winner take all. I’d rather watch that than the potential Georgia/bama rematch
The SEC championship this year is a perfect example of how even a 4-team playoff has diminished the regular season. Georgia knew going into the game that they were going to be in the top 4, win or lose. If the playoff is expanded beyond 4 teams we'll eventually (even regularly) have 3-loss teams in the playoffs and the regular season will be diminished to the point that the last game or two will resemble the last couple weeks of the NFL. Coaches will pull their starters and save them for the post-season when they're locks for the playoffs. I hate that. Maybe we should go back to a system of the Top 2 teams only playing for the title. I'd even support a clause that the field will be expanded to 4 teams on those odd years when 3 or more teams finish the regular season undefeated.

Also, yes, rematches do suck. If Georgia and Bama face each other again in the title game, Georgia will have the advantage. The history of rematches proves this. The team that loses the first game has something like 2:1 odds of winning the rematch.

Don't you want to see if Georgia can make some adjustments?

I'd have a 12-team Playoff.

The P4 winners get a bye. With 8 at-large selections playing each other in the 1st round.

This ensures that a team like Georgia won't lose on purpose. And that a team like Cincinnati has to play a good opponent before advancing.
Pittsburgh and Utah do not deserve to be in a 12 team playoff.

Utah lost to BYU, San Diego St and Oregon St. they matched up well with Oregon and have those 2 wins, other than that nothing.

Pittsburgh lost to a directional Michigan team and Miami both games in Pittsburgh.

they have already proven they aren’t the best team in the country.

The 4 teams in the CFP are the best 4 teams, Notre Dame may have a case, but outside of that, there should be no gripes.

but enough with the Conference Champs get an berth in any playoff. In 2021
8 team under that scenario
Alabama
Michigan
Baylor
Pitt
Utah

Georgia
Cincinnati
Notre Dame

Ole Miss, Ohio St, Oklahoma St, Michigan St
Possibly BYU are all probably better teams than Utah or Pitt. In fact, like I wrote, BYU already beat Utah.

The SEC championship this year is a perfect example of how even a 4-team playoff has diminished the regular season. Georgia knew going into the game that they were going to be in the top 4, win or lose. If the playoff is expanded beyond 4 teams we'll eventually (even regularly) have 3-loss teams in the playoffs and the regular season will be diminished to the point that the last game or two will resemble the last couple weeks of the NFL. Coaches will pull their starters and save them for the post-season when they're locks for the playoffs. I hate that. Maybe we should go back to a system of the Top 2 teams only playing for the title. I'd even support a clause that the field will be expanded to 4 teams on those odd years when 3 or more teams finish the regular season undefeated.

Also, yes, rematches do suck. If Georgia and Bama face each other again in the title game, Georgia will have the advantage. The history of rematches proves this. The team that loses the first game has something like 2:1 odds of winning the rematch.
Thank you. Ive been trying to shout down this playoff hysteria from the beginning.

I cannot stand the dolts who cant understand that the things they hate are because of the playoff and expanding the playoff only compounds these things, it does not help.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker

Utah lost to BYU, San Diego St and Oregon St. they matched up well with Oregon and have those 2 wins, other than that nothing.

Pittsburgh lost to a directional Michigan team and Miami both games in Pittsburgh.

The 4 teams in the CFP are the best 4 teams, Notre Dame may have a case, but outside of that, there should be no gripes.

Alabama
Michigan
Baylor
Pitt
Utah

Georgia
Cincinnati
Notre Dame

Possibly BYU are all probably better teams than Utah or Pitt. In fact, like I wrote, BYU already beat Utah.
Correct.

Further….No one deserves to be in a 12 team playoff….meaning its hard enough finding four teams. The top teams shouldnt have to risk injury playing 2nd tier teams they”ve already beaten earlier in the year. The regular season acts as a playoff. It isnt perfect, but there is no perfect system.

Alabama
Michigan
Baylor
Pitt
Utah

Georgia
Cincinnati
Notre Dame

If we knew what football teams would win, we'd all be multi-millionaires. We'd all win our NCAA basketball bracket challenges too.

I highly disagree with naming the 2 or 4 best teams instead of having a real playoff.

Why dont Alabama and Georgia ever play in the regular season
The SEC uses a 6-1-1 conference scheduling model (play the six teams in your division, play one permanent cross-divisional rival (for Alabama, it's Tennessee; for Georgia, it's Auburn), and play one rotating cross divisional team).

Alabama barely beat 6-6 lsu and auburn teams that are both inferior to Cincinnati and lost to 8-4 A&M. I wouldn't count out cincy yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT