ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

Do y'all happen to have 4 NFL WRs and an NFL RB to bail him out too?
But if your QB can't throw the ball it makes zero difference how good the WR's are. We learned that already at Nebraska. I love all these OSU fans that now criticize him as being a bad QB, it obviously means exactly the opposite or they wouldn't take the time to criticize.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So you are saying that your Coach made the decision to play the 3rd string QB over the top two and by doing so, has put his job in jeopardy. Man he must have needed some excitement in his life. Maybe you guys should stop worrying about who the QB is and get a new coach, because your current one sounds dumb.
Ya, but his beard is really, REALLY dark. Must be genetics.

The days of recruiting a guy, grooming him for a year or two, and having him lead your program are dead. Even the elites like Alabama, Texas, Ohio State and USC are doing it now. If you aren't in the SEC or B1G, you are in the minor leagues I guess.

Cameron Ward to Ohio State. That kid out of Duke to Notre Dame. Will Howard to Nebraska. Washington State, Kansas State, and Duke are just grooming guys for bigger programs I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: LemontHornet83
The days of recruiting a guy, grooming him for a year or two, and having him lead your program are dead. Even the elites like Alabama, Texas, Ohio State and USC are doing it now. If you aren't in the SEC or B1G, you are in the minor leagues I guess.

Cameron Ward to Ohio State. That kid out of Duke to Notre Dame. Will Howard to Nebraska. Washington State, Kansas State, and Duke are just grooming guys for bigger programs I guess.
Duke has a lotta money. They’ll rise.

The more OSU badmouths McCord, the more you know they're really pissed to be losing him to the portal. If he was as bad as they say, they wouldn't care or bother posting anything. When is McCord supposed to visit Lincoln, did I read somewhere Monday? Is Fleming coming with him on the visit?
Yes and yes. Both supposed to be here Monday.

The more OSU badmouths McCord, the more you know they're really pissed to be losing him to the portal. If he was as bad as they say, they wouldn't care or bother posting anything. When is McCord supposed to visit Lincoln, did I read somewhere Monday? Is Fleming coming with him on the visit?
Yep.

I live deep inside Buckeye country.

The natives here are restless after the last 3 seasons.

Long time Nebraska fans will know what I'm about to say is fact: when your program has sustained success for a long time, it attracts dickhead bandwagon fans who know less than squat about the game.

The Ohio State bandwagon is chock full of them. A couple of them have posted up here this week.

3 losses in a row to Michigan and not in the conversation for the playoffs this season, despite the talent up and down the roster and preseason expectations is causing a lot, lot of butthurt in the Buckeye State.

Day is suffering from being the man that follows "the man".

There's going to be some kind of change next season. It's not going to be Day getting canned (if he loses to Michigan again next year that will probably happen).

Day isn't the scapegoat this time around, and they've turned on McCord cause it's
SOMEONE'S fault the team fell short.

Look at the dickheads that have posted in here "He's so bad. He just threw the ball at receiver's feet or 10 yards over their head" in spite of his numbers showing otherwise. In spite of what was seen on the field. That's the narrative, so that's what happened.

So, next year, when there's a QB competition, and it's close, which way is it going to go? Day gonna hitch his wagon to the guy that the bandwagon burned at the stake for this season?

McCord is wise to get out if he'd like to be QB1 somewhere next season. Don't know if it will be here, but he's a good QB and will be a good one for whoever lands him.

Last edited:
NO, have you seen him? Yes, he’ll be the WB we’ve had in 15 years, but that’s like being the tallest midget. He’s not seeing the field at OSU with the transfer and freshman coming in. He’s making the right choice him. He should have left last year but he wouldn’t have gotten paid. The stacked OSU team made him rich or is about to. He’ll be a backup in the NFL which is the best job!! Ewers was supposed to be the guy but transferred or McCord would have already been gone. He won’t win game and won’t lose games. Game manager who panicked in big games. See Mich game. Very limited on creating.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
NO, have you seen him? Yes, he’ll be the WB we’ve had in 15 years, but that’s like being the tallest midget. He’s not seeing the field at OSU with the transfer and freshman coming in. He’s making the right choice him. He should have left last year but he wouldn’t have gotten paid. The stacked OSU team made him rich or is about to. He’ll be a backup in the NFL which is the best job!! Ewers was supposed to be the guy but transferred or McCord would have already been gone. He won’t win game and won’t lose games. Game manager who panicked in big games. See Mich game. Very limited on creating.
The sea of pee would give its collective left nut to bring in McCord.

For Starters, we just need him not to turn the ball over 3-4 times a game and read defenses and take what is there.

next step is trying to become a 7-8 win team and you do that by playing defense and having a QB that can protect the ball and make plays that are there.
Making plays that are there wasn't his strong suit but I could see you guys getting to a bowl game with McCord as the QB. Who knows maybe this was his wake up call and he'll improve and be a good player.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Waking up to McCord in the portal was like Christmas came early for me.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
The problem last year wasn't selecting Simms. He was a high risk and high reward type player based on physical capabilities and past results and wanted to come here. If staff thought they could fix the decision making stuff and have an above QB P5 QB go after him and bring him in.

The problem I have with it is we put all are eggs in that one basket which had a fairly decent likely hood of not working based on his track record of turning ball over at Gtech. When that failed we didn't have a single other P5 option until Purdy got healthy which, in hindsight, was a mistake.

As a result of this, I believe that along with Purdy coaches will bring in at least 2 guys that are either proven or highly likely of being able to play at minimum P5 average level next year. If one of those guys is McCord/Howard then we know the floor at QB is P5 above average player and decision maker which will change everything on that side of ball (assuming Satterfield isn't the primary problem)
Didn't we actually have Sims and Thompson both at one time? It we did, that would seem pretty good with Purday and HH as back ups. That would be more than a lot of teams have. Maybe I have my timing all wrong. It is getting more difficult to keep track of all of this.

Panicked in big games, you mean like at Notre Dame and a drive to tie the game at Michigan. Seriously if you're going to troll like the OSU losers then piss off back to your own board.

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Reactions: TFrazier
Didn't we actually have Sims and Thompson both at one time? It we did, that would seem pretty good with Purday and HH as back ups. That would be more than a lot of teams have. Maybe I have my timing all wrong. It is getting more difficult to keep track of all of this.
You are remembering correctly. IF Thompson hadn’t bailed out late we would have been in a much better situation. He really screwed us over. IMO he wanted to keep collecting his NIL while he was rehabbing. I think he intended to leave all along.

Last edited:
Yes. Thompson had post season surgery. There was limited chance he'd be 100% by summer and then try to learn new system. But he had to do that anyway when transferring.

Not sure anyone ever counted on him being here in the fall but in theory that would have been fine

Panicked in big games by leading a game winning drive against Notre dame and playing well against a great defense in Penn State? He was 37 yards away from an undefeated season. Don't care about his NFL career. He would be a huge get for Nebraska and disagree completely he won't win games at Nebraska. McCord would have made Nebraska a 9 win team last year.

Panicked in big games by leading a game winning drive against Notre dame and playing well against a great defense in Penn State? He was 37 yards away from an undefeated season. Don't care about his NFL career. He would be a huge get for Nebraska and disagree completely he won't win games at Nebraska. McCord would have made Nebraska a 9 win team last year.
Can't disagree. 4 losses squarely on turnovers by players that should have been relatively easy wins

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT