ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

I think most Power 5 teams will be at this every year from now on. Why take a chance with starting a young unproven QB when you can go out and buy one with proven experience?
Why take a chance? Jeff Sims says hello…

lol, I know that’s the exception, not the rule, just having some fun.

Day is a pulse-pounding, beard-dying idiot.
In just 3 easy steps

It was funny because Frost was one of the most outspoken coaches about wanting to play football in 2020. Then when he had a chance to play in a bowl game, he was like "No thanks, we already have other plans for the holidays."
Yep. Went from pissing Kevin Warren off being so loud about wanting to play football anytime, anywhere to: "Nah, I held a vote and my offense decided no thanks to a bowl game" in a few short months.

Reactions: Frozone
Extremely tough to get 2 portal qb's in one cycle. Pretty much impossible for a team like NU.

If DK isn't ready in 2025 than hopefully the starter did good enough to attract enough top qb. If McCord does good I'm sure the money will pour in for another one in 2025.
It's not too hard. We're not going to get two top 10's, but a top 10 and a guy out of a smaller school is doable.

Extremely tough to get 2 portal qb's in one cycle. Pretty much impossible for a team like NU.

If DK isn't ready in 2025 than hopefully the starter did good enough to attract enough top qb. If McCord does good I'm sure the money will pour in for another one in 2025.
That’s the plan. Money spent on a QB/WR tandem can be spent on a new set next year. Rhule and Co will look for a pair with 2 years left though.

But when good QBs know they can come to Neb with their WR buddy for 1.5/500k, it will have their attention.

This is a nice precedent we are setting. Will ensure interest every season.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
As an OSU fan living in Columbus, I wish McCord the best wherever he ends up. He had a very good year as a first year starter. My main issues with McCord was his inability to extend plays, locking in on one receiver (don't blame him looking for Harrison) and going through his progressions when the first option wasn't available. Another year of experience as a starter should help but he won't be surrounded with the talent he had at OSU.

Fleming is a solid player. He never reached the full potential many expected as the #1 receiver coming out of high school. Injuries and of course competing in a crowded wide receiver room may have slowed his development. He is a great blocker. Anxious to see what he can do when he is the #1 or #2 receiver on a team. A lot of Penn State fans assumed he would end up there. It will be a good pickup if he chooses the Huskers.

Well he probably would have won the job... so how dishonest and sleazy is it exactly?
Rhule made his choice… couldn’t take both. I’m glad he chose who he did.

McCord wouldn’t have been the recruiter Raiola is going to be. Things may be a bit bumpy to start, but recruiting will take off even more moving forward. That’s a big deal if we want to eventually compete with the big dogs.

Because you can't make that same promise to him and DR and have it not be dishonest and sleazy to one of them.
McCord was all set to commit regardless of how things ended up with DR. It was the Raiola camp that stated they weren’t going to consider NU if we take McCord
There is a lot of twisting of the how things went down with that situation to make the Raiola’s look good
The only camp that was insistent on guarantees from the staff were the Raiola’s

Rhule made his choice… couldn’t take both. I’m glad he chose who he did.

McCord wouldn’t have been the recruiter Raiola is going to be. Things may be a bit bumpy to start, but recruiting will take off even more moving forward. That’s a big deal if we want to eventually compete with the big dogs.
We absolutely could have taken both were it not for the Raiola demands

McCord was all set to commit regardless of how things ended up with DR. It was the Raiola camp that stated they weren’t going to consider NU if we take McCord
There is a lot of twisting of the how things went down with that situation to make the Raiola’s look good
Oh look someone new to spread lies

If Raiola has the goods that his recruiting profile advertises, I don’t give a shit about next season. Get Dylan and the Kaelin kid ready to play and keep stocking the lines with talent. I’m much more interested in that RB in the portal from Oregon.

Could you provide links or any substance to prove this?

Because you can't make that same promise to him and DR and have it not be dishonest and sleazy to one of them.
I don't think we promised anything to DR except a chance to compete and win the job. I think Rhule decided it was better to part ways with McCord and make sure we signed DR and DK and start developing them, than have McCord for 1 year.

Could you provide links or any substance to prove this?

Lol probably about as many links or substance as you could provide to disprove it. I have no clue how it all went down, but it seems plausible. Who knows. I'm good with the end result...so far...I think

Reactions: iROOT4nu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT