ADVERTISEMENT

QB McCord of OSU to Nebraska?

Such a clown post, as usual. Call that plays that work, play the winners

This team is was devoid of talent and supposed to be bad. The defense lost the best players off a bad defense. The OL was thought to be the worst in school history before the season and an already undermanned offense lost a ton of starters. We played with three freshman and a sophomore walk-on at WR. A TE at QB. Another freshman, who started the year 4th string at RB.

I think Rhuke and his staff coached their asses off to make this team as competitive as they were. But sure we lost because of being too aggressive in one game, or not aggressive enough in another. Or because of considering, but not actually calling a fake FG in another. That’s very reasonable stance.
If you think the staff consistently put the team in the best possible position to win every week despite the evidence, that’s up to you.

Ignorance is bliss

If you think the staff consistently put the team in the best possible position to win every week despite the evidence, that’s up to you.

Ignorance is bliss

The only “evidence” is in your head. But I don’t anticipate you taking off the tin foil hat and putting away those pitchforks anytime soon.

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

The only “evidence” is in your head. But I don’t anticipate you taking off the tin foil hat and putting away those pitchforks anytime soon.

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX
If that’s the case, I’m sure there will be dozens who come to your defense and agree that the coaching staff put our team in the absolute best position to win every week, every quarter, every play last year.

If not, then I guess maybe my brain is powerful enough to plant my exact thoughts in others’ heads in real time

If that’s the case, I’m sure there will be dozens who come to your defense and agree that the coaching staff put our team in the absolute best position to win every week, every quarter, every play last year.

If not, then I guess maybe my brain is powerful enough to plant my exact thoughts in others’ heads in real time

You are one strange dude.

No one ever said the staff was perfect or didn’t make any mistakes, no coaching staff is. I said they coached their ass off to make last years team as competitive as they were

But congrats on hijacking yet another thread, it’s what you do best.

You are one strange dude.

No one ever said the staff was perfect or didn’t make any mistakes, no coaching staff is. I said they coached their ass off to make last years team as competitive as they were

But congrats on hijacking yet another thread, it’s what you do best.
Coached their ass off yet produced those clock/timeout/play calling gaffes when the lights were on?

Okay. If you say so.

That’s kind of the easy stuff, and many will agree.

Coached their ass off yet produced those clock/timeout/play calling gaffes when the lights were on?

Okay. If you say so.

Just stop. You are never going to agree with every decision, especially when your entire premise is to look back and assume it was wrong if it didn’t work. Wrong to throw in the end zone, wrong not to, wrong to call timeouts, wrong not to. If that is how you judge, you will always be disappointed and think your coaches suck.

Last edited:
I hope that isn’t the case.

I want a kid that says, “You havent heard the last of me Ryan Day, you may think I stink now but I’m gonna catch on somewhere else and every time I play against you I am gonna stick it up your f*@kin ass!”
Looks like Kong's posting baseless rumors 🙄

Reactions: Walleye79
baseless?

"Kyle is not going to want to play for a lesser Big Ten opponent," Nakos said. "He doesn't want to be in a position where he plays Ohio State. I don't think that's something he wants to do."

that's why I asked if he really said it. because if he did, I'd rather he had a chip on his shoulder instead.

would be a huge upgrade if we land him - obviously - even if he's not a "prove them wrong every day" type

Reactions: MissoulaHusker

I can already see how this one plays out with him.

If we get McCord he’s suddenly scared to compete, couldn’t hack it, wasn’t that good at OSU, is a loser.

If he goes somewhere else, it’s because their coaches are tough, or awesome, or have giant balls. And he didn’t want to play for our loser coaches.

And same will be true of every QB we get or don’t get.

Just stop. You are never going to agree with every decision, especially when your entire premise is to look back and assume it was wrong if it didn’t work. Wrong to throw in the end zone, wrong not to, wrong to call timeouts, wrong not to. If that is how you judge, you will always be disappointed and think your coaches suck.
Alabama fans cry non stop about Saban's game management. He has a wide margin for error that even converts 4th and 31. We don't have that now. Get talent, develop talent.

Come on, dude. If that's the standard to judge by then every coaching staff fails.

Literally every word. And I see no reason to turn a thread about a potential transfer QB into a thread whining and crying about our coach.
so, we don't need better in-game management?

we don't need more consistent special teams play?

okay. if you say so.

We don’t need to hijack every single thread to cry about the Coach. And claiming they made no progress and are essential a Frost team, shows no perspective at all.
talk about every word being wrong

I just said we're closer to a frost team than a 9+ win team

then cited reasons why

the addition of a transfer QB is a welcome one (or two, or three) in my eyes. I've said as much, and don't really have any opinions about the kids out there except for Howard, who I think would elevate the team in more ways than just on the field.

many feel we're 1 player away. I'm not among this foolish group.

that's "highjacking"? okay. if you say so, sunshine

I'm just ducking in to say I like Rhule, and I think he blatantly lost the MSU game by not kicking the field goal. That's a 99% fact IMHO. So I disagree there's no right/wrong answer in that situation. Pot stirred, have a nice night everyone.

Do you mean the Maryland game? I wanted him to run the ball and kick the FG too. But no reason our QB can’t just throw it away on third down, instead of throwing an INT. Our QB play was the biggest issue last year by a mile.

On the flip side, we have the Wisconsin game and the same guy claiming the coach lost the game by throwing the ball in the Maryland game also wanted to throw the ball in the same situation against Wisconsin, sure that it would have resulted in a TD.

No one is ever happy with all the in game decisions of the coaching staff. I’m a Chiefs fan and am constantly maddened by the short yardage calls and decisions of Andy Reid, but I don’t think he’s a bad coach and blame him for teams losses, because he’s done a great job coaching that team, even if I don’t like him throwing from the shotgun on 4th and inches.

talk about every word being wrong

I just said we're closer to a frost team than a 9+ win team

then cited reasons why

the addition of a transfer QB is a welcome one (or two, or three) in my eyes. I've said as much, and don't really have any opinions about the kids out there except for Howard, who I think would elevate the team in more ways than just on the field.

many feel we're 1 player away. I'm not among this foolish group.

that's "highjacking"? okay. if you say so, sunshine
You’re a villain and you love it

I think it’s a reasonable take to say Nebraska is more than one player away from being a nine-win team. They need serious work on the Oline and the coaching definitely needs to improve. (On the offensive side.)

That being said, getting a kid like McCord would significantly increase their chances of being at least a bowl team again.

Do you mean the Maryland game? I wanted him to run the ball and kick the FG too. But no reason our QB can’t just throw it away on third down, instead of throwing an INT. Our QB play was the biggest issue last year by a mile.

On the flip side, we have the Wisconsin game and the same guy claiming the coach lost the game by throwing the ball in the Maryland game also wanted to throw the ball in the same situation against Wisconsin, sure that it would have resulted in a TD.

No one is ever happy with all the in game decisions of the coaching staff. I’m a Chiefs fan and am constantly maddened by the short yardage calls and decisions of Andy Reid, but I don’t think he’s a bad coach and blame him for teams losses, because he’s done a great job coaching that team, even if I don’t like him throwing from the shotgun on 4th and inches.
Yeah, I meant Maryland. I should stay out of arguments if I'm not smart enough to cite the right game.

The valid opinions you have are canceled out when you double down on dumb ones like this.
You think every coaching staff in the country puts their team behind the 8 ball in a quarter or more of their games with their decisions?

I don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
You think every coaching staff in the country puts their team behind the 8 ball in a quarter or more of their games with their decisions?

I don’t.

Not liking a decision of the coaching staff somewhere along the line is “putting their team behind the 8 ball”? And a “quarter or more of their games”? You can’t even possibly believe these things when you type them.

Not liking a decision of the coaching staff somewhere along the line is “putting their team behind the 8 ball”? And a “quarter or more of their games”? You can’t even possibly believe these things when you type them.
Vs Minn: guaranteed starting job for Sims in offseason, continuously handing the ball to Grant after calling him out between April-August for lack of ball security

Those are coaching decisions & led directly to our team losing

Vs maryland: same pass concept that went for a pick in the endzone vs Minn called for a kid who the staff admitted wasn’t even running our plays in practice

A coaching decision that led to a loss

Vs wisc: slowing down & deliberately playing for overtime when we’re gaining big chunks on the ground and have all 3 timeouts at our disposal

A coaching decision that led to a loss

Vs iowa: blowing all 3 2nd half timeouts because we either can’t get a play in on time, called a 60yd fake FG or challenged for an extra half yard after committing a 5yd penalty and then throwing over the middle on our own end of the field with 30 seconds left and no timeouts in a tie game

Coaching decisions that led directly to a loss

If you disagree, that’s fine. Please be specific. All the above literally happened. 4 games = 33% of the season.

I enjoy the discourse and encourage others to share their specific thoughts if they see things differently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT