ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch. Don't read if you're a McCord fan

Thanks for letting me know it's an opinion piece. I guess I didn't realize that.
Without reading it, I have zero issue with a guy trying to get the best situation for himself.
I don't, either. That article is just brutal, though.

Reactions: superman787
Thanks for letting me know it's an opinion piece. I guess I didn't realize that. 🙄
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

I think more sour grapes than truth. Guy had a great season and wants a guaranteed starting spot to increase his draft stock ..
Probably. I really don't blame him for looking elsewhere. I just found the article to be a BRUTAL take on the whole situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I don't blame him at all for not coming to Nebraska if DR is in. That is a massive risk for any qb with one year to play with a kid with the talent of DR on the same roster.

Reactions: HuskerDana
KM trying to do the best for himself - can't blame him. But, he is really doing himself a disservice if everything we are hearing is true. He is going to end up at a low tier FBS or FCS.

Cmon KM, you rejected NU for that? Cool, kthnxbai.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Is there a chance rhule said dylan IS the starter?

We all assume he said it would be open competition, which I hope, but what if he said dylan is the guy? In that case yu cant blame mccord.

I don't blame McCord from walking away when DR entered the picture. The NU fanbase and major donors would want to see what their 5* golden boy could do from game one and, unless McCord played each game looking like the second coming of Eric Crouch, there would be a huge clamoring to bench him and go with DR.

DR was committed to Ohio State at one time and McCord did not leave. There is an opinion but no proof that McCord is a coward (any more than any of the other QBs in the portal). Frankly this sort of nasty writing is one of the things that turns me off to college football writing today. No offense, but this alleged writer hosts a YouTube Channel with all of 682 followers. This does not move the needle for me.

Reactions: LBremser
DR was committed to Ohio State at one time and McCord did not leave. There is an opinion but no proof that McCord is a coward (any more than any of the other QBs in the portal). Frankly this sort of nasty writing is one of the things that turns me off to college football writing today. No offense, but this alleged writer hosts a YouTube Channel with all of 682 followers. This does not move the needle for me.
I totally agree it is a "hit piece" I'm not offended because all I did was drop the article in here. It's obviously a jilted OSU fan that is pretty bitter about him leaving.

That being said, comparing DR committing to OSU then as compared to DR committing to NU now are two completely different scenarios. McCord now has one year and one shot to prove himself for the NFL. He probably doesn't want to risk not even seeing the field.

Ftr, I don't blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT