ADVERTISEMENT

QB McCord of OSU to Nebraska?

Is this a parody account? You aren’t serious are you?
giphy.webp

So you've gone from questioning whether we are a blueblood, to admitting that we are a blueblood, to predicting that we won't be much longer. Got it. I guess you've won this argument. I'm not sure why you're here if you don't think we can ever win again. If I didn't believe we would ever play in a CC game again I'd find a new team. Seriously.
I never questioned if we WERE a blueblood. I said we weren't anymore and then willfully acknowledged based on a little research.. that I guess we are still kind of one....yes I believe that we will not remain a "blueblood."

I love the Huskers but believe that we will never be what we were. I think we will have a season here or there that we may get to 9 or 10 wins. But not with any consistency. The old Nebraska program was unique and we recruited to that uniqueness. Those days are gone and we are recruiting against everyone for the same type of talent for the same type of schemes. Especially offensively. We simply can't measure up. The proof is in the pudding. 7 years of losing seasons is enough to see even that.

How long will it take a certain someone to start trashing McCord?

Spring? Fall Camp? First INT?

But seriously if you are HH, and you see this is the type of guy they are going after, don't you look at it and think either position change or portal are my only realistic options?

I said we weren't anymore and then willfully acknowledged based on a little research.. that I guess we are still kind of one....yes I believe that we will not remain a "blueblood."
That is literally exactly what I just posted.
So you've gone from questioning whether we are a blueblood, to admitting that we are a blueblood, to predicting that we won't be much longer.
I can't keep up with you. I guess enjoy being a diehard Nebraska fan that doesn't believe we can win anything ever again.

It would be.... if I had any control over the situation.
Looking from the outside in at 7 years of despair and two decades of mediocrity...I'd say there is enough data to indicate that our time has passed. Never is a long time so I guess I should say in whats left in my lifetime...lest say 30 years if im fortunate. I don't believe we will ever play for a CC or NC.
Damn man. Enough with the gloom, despair and agony. We were 3 turnovers away from 8 wins this year. Fix QB and we’ll be fine.

Damn man. Enough with the gloom, despair and agony. We were 3 turnovers away from 8 wins this year. Fix QB and we’ll be fine.
Yep. With the offensive frustration this season, it's encouraging that the staff is looking to address the most glaring deficiencies. Hopefully we land the portal talent we're rumored to be in on.

I
I never questioned if we WERE a blueblood. I said we weren't anymore and then willfully acknowledged based on a little research.. that I guess we are still kind of one....yes I believe that we will not remain a "blueblood."

I love the Huskers but believe that we will never be what we were. I think we will have a season here or there that we may get to 9 or 10 wins. But not with any consistency. The old Nebraska program was unique and we recruited to that uniqueness. Those days are gone and we are recruiting against everyone for the same type of talent for the same type of schemes. Especially offensively. We simply can't measure up. The proof is in the pudding. 7 years of losing seasons is enough to see even that.
Ive thought this for years. It was a great run I'm glad I was college age for the 90s run. I'd would be very surprised if we ever play for a conference championship again

Reactions: cavalot
I think this qb is a ball distributor, not Randall Cunningham. Well need apt personnel for him to distribute to.
It would be interesting to see how we respond to not having the option of just running our qb. It's been our default mode for too long.
Anyone know, does he do progressions?

Reactions: Streamer15
You really think 9 wins next year? Im just asking as I just looked at the schedule and am thinking more like 7. Curious, which if these games do you think we win:
@ OSU
UCLA (i could see this)
@ USC
Wisconsin (never beat them)
@ Iowa
They’ll have to win at least 2 of these assuming undefeated to this point
no reason we won’t be favored the first 8 games of the year.

I

Ive thought this for years. It was a great run I'm glad I was college age for the 90s run. I'd would be very surprised if we ever play for a conference championship again
Sheesh not even a conference championship? Why?

Not the poster, but to answer the question… the conference now has the top 4 teams from the PAC and now no weak West division.
I don’t feel like we have elite coaching, certainly on offense. So for now, I guess I am in that camp also.
But, I am 51 so I lived the glory years from when I was a kid until that blowout loss to Miami in 2001. It was a great run with a legendary coach.
I saw us win three titles, lose the title game three times, to Miami twice and FSU once.
I can’t complain. If we ever become good again I’ll be ecstatic but as much as I like Rhule I don’t think he’s an elite coach.

Not the poster, but to answer the question… the conference now has the top 4 teams from the PAC and now no weak West division.
I don’t feel like we have elite coaching, certainly on offense. So for now, I guess I am in that camp also.
But, I am 51 so I lived the glory years from when I was a kid until that blowout loss to Miami in 2001. It was a great run with a legendary coach.
I saw us win three titles, lose the title game three times, to Miami twice and FSU once.
I can’t complain. If we ever become good again I’ll be ecstatic but as much as I like Rhule I don’t think he’s an elite coach.
I lived the glory years I saw all the highest points of Husker football. But the doom and gloom is just crazy. Over the history of cfb that I have witnessed. All teams have a fall from grace. We're not talking natties here. We're talking about competing for the conference.

I lived the glory years I saw all the highest points of Husker football. But the doom and gloom is just crazy. Over the history of cfb that I have witnessed. All teams have a fall from grace. We're not talking natties here. We're talking about competing for the conference.
It’s just reality. Hey, we are all hoping for Epic seasons. I don’t know if it will happen. Look at A&M for example. Tons of money, tons of top 5 classes the last decade and what has it gotten them? A couple memorable Manziel years and no titles of any kind. We don’t even recruit close to that level, and now we are to be certain we’ll be elite again someday? I’ll hope, but won’t count on it.
I feel more for the young guys who can’t remember or weren’t alive for the 90s run we had

Did this kid really say he doesn’t want to play osu at his new school?

I’d rather have a kid with an axe to grind, but that’s probably just me
I hope that isn’t the case.

I want a kid that says, “You havent heard the last of me Ryan Day, you may think I stink now but I’m gonna catch on somewhere else and every time I play against you I am gonna stick it up your f*@kin ass!”

You don't think true freshman will get any better? Odd take to say the least. Who cares about recruiting at this point with Lloyd. He's a legit track guy who proved he can play as a true freshman in the Big 10. You don't think he can improve on route running and catching the ball?
Did you actually read what I wrote? Good grief. Yes, for the second time, they will get better but they struggled significantly this year.

Don't think he said it, but we need to win games more than care about "axes to grind." Sick of losing every year. With McCord we win several more games if the defense is as good. We can worry about all the other stuff when we are back winning 9 games a year

This isnt the Big 8 or even 12 anymore, but 18 teams. I would love just 1 special season again but its almost like ptsd with this club. I just expect bad things to happen and the generally do.

Don't think he said it, but we need to win games more than care about "axes to grind." Sick of losing every year. With McCord we win several more games if the defense is as good. We can worry about all the other stuff when we are back winning 9 games a year
We neee much better in-game management from our head coach, as well

Not to mention more consistent special teams play

We’re much closer to frosts Huskers than we are to winning 9+

Only the willfully ignorant think otherwise

Did you actually read what I wrote? Good grief. Yes, for the second time, they will get better but they struggled significantly this year.
You basically said only Coleman has any real potential. I pointed out Lloyd has a ton of potential. I would venture to say Lloyd is the fastest player in the conference and his hands didn't seem to suck.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Yeah I’m a little skeptical of that quote. Sounds more like sour grapes “leaked” from someone connected to OSU. Who would say that?

Reactions: king_kong_
We’re much closer to frosts Huskers than we are to winning 9+

Only the willfully ignorant think otherwise
I honestly feel like it's a fine line. In this era you have the 6-10 teams that you know will pretty much be good every year. The next 50 teams are all a good or bad QB away from 9-3 or 3-9. Maybe that's an exaggeration but there's so much more parity than there was in the 80's, 90's or 00's. And yeah, a good or bad coach is the same hinge point. You simply can't deny that Rhule had some really bad moments this year. I don't think it would be unfair to say his end of game calls cost us 1-2 wins.

This isnt the Big 8 or even 12 anymore, but 18 teams.
Conference (Division) Size and Championships

Western Interstate University Football Association
1892-97 (Four-team conference)

6 seasons, 1 outright title, 2 shared titles

Missouri Valley
1907 (Five-team conference)

1 season, 1 outright title

Missouri Valley
1908-1910, 1913-1917 (Seven-team conference)

7 seasons, 6 outright titles

Missouri Valley
1911-1912 (Six-team conference)

2 seasons, 2 shared titles

Missouri Valley
1921-1924 (Nine-team conference)

4 seasons, 4 outright titles

Missouri Valley
1925-1927 (10-team conference)

3 seasons, 0 titles

Big Six
1928-1947 (Six-team conference)

20 seasons, 9 outright titles

Big Seven
1948-1957 (Seven-team conference)

10 seasons, 0 titles

Big Eight
1958-1995 (Eight-team conference)

38 seasons, 15 outright titles, 5 shared titles

Big XII North
1996-2010 (Six-team division in 12-team conference)

15 seasons, 4 outright division titles, 5 shared division titles, 2 conference championships

Big Ten Leaders
2011-2013 (Six-team division in 12-team conference)

3 seasons, 1 outright division title

Big Ten West
2014-2023 (Seven-team division in 14-team conference)

10 seasons, 0 titles

My god, you are insufferable.
You’re happy with Rhule’s time management?

The 60 yard fake fg?

The end of maryland and wisc and Iowa games?

It’s fine if you are. I understand how hard it is for sunshine pumpers to hear/see what they don’t want to.

I expect to be silenced and shot down by the usual suspects just like during the frost era & with our complete joke loser of a basketball coach (and our highly suspect AD)

Reactions: InMotion
You’re happy with Rhule’s time management?

The 60 yard fake fg?

The end of maryland and wisc and Iowa games?

It’s fine if you are. I understand how hard it is for sunshine pumpers to hear/see what they don’t want to.

I expect to be silenced and shot down by the usual suspects just like during the frost era.

Such a clown post, as usual. Call that plays that work, play the winners

This team is was devoid of talent and supposed to be bad. The defense lost the best players off a bad defense. The OL was thought to be the worst in school history before the season and an already undermanned offense lost a ton of starters. We played with three freshman and a sophomore walk-on at WR. A TE at QB. Another freshman, who started the year 4th string at RB.

I think Rhuke and his staff coached their asses off to make this team as competitive as they were. But sure we lost because of being too aggressive in one game, or not aggressive enough in another. Or because of considering, but not actually calling a fake FG in another. That’s very reasonable stance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT