ADVERTISEMENT

QB McCord of OSU to Nebraska?

Please be specific as to what part of my post is delusional.

Thanks in advance.

It’s all just stupid. You can pick some thing in hindsight and say that cost us the game, but that’s not reality. We were underdogs in every one of those games had the ball with a chance to win at the end in each.

Saying we lost to Iowa because we called a timeout before punting and pinning them at the one? That’s not a stretch at all.

And at Minnesota the coaches fault Grant fumbles icing the game away? Sure that’s rational.

And throwing in the end zone with Chubba was wrong against Maryland, but also should have been done against Wisconsin? Definitely well thought out there.

It’s all just stupid. You can pick some thing in hindsight and say that cost us the game, but that’s not reality. We were underdogs in every one of those games had the ball with a chance to win at the end in each.

Saying we lost to Iowa because we called a timeout before punting and pinning them at the one? That’s not a stretch at all.

And at Minnesota the coaches fault Grant fumbles icing the game away? Sure that’s rational.

And throwing in the end zone with Chubba was wrong against Maryland, but also should have been done against Wisconsin? Definitely well thought out there.
Kong is an insufferable asshole. We all know that. Stop feeding him, brother.

I never said we should’ve thrown vs wisc. We were gashing them on the ground in the final drive, had time and all 3 timeouts

Instead we deliberately sat on it.

We could’ve used that timeout (and the 2 others) vs iowa

The staff could’ve taken its own advice against Minn

If you want to take away Maryland, fine. That gets you to 25% of the season where coaching put the team in a bad place

And none of this is hindsight. It was all posted about in real time as it happened by me and many others.

If you want to pretend none of it happened, that’s up to you. But you lose the right to call others delusional when you delude yourself.

You’re right, I should know by now how this works by now.
We were favored against Iowa, contrary to your “it’s all stupid” post (I know, only insufferable assholes post the truth instead of fantasy)

In case you actually are interested in a discussion (I suspect you aren’t)

If you’re happy with having the ball and a chance to win, that’s up to you, sunshine

I prefer actually winning

Hopefully a McCord or Howard comes here and has us up by so much the staff’s warts won’t set us back as much as they did this season with our extremely thin margin for error.

And hopefully Rhule learns from them, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
I'm with Kong. I also hope HCMR learns from his mistakes. Those mistakes cost our team to be successful now and even more successful in the future. You can't get paid like an elite coach and then coach like a ****ing amateur.

Vs Minn: guaranteed starting job for Sims in offseason, continuously handing the ball to Grant after calling him out between April-August for lack of ball security

Those are coaching decisions & led directly to our team losing

Vs maryland: same pass concept that went for a pick in the endzone vs Minn called for a kid who the staff admitted wasn’t even running our plays in practice

A coaching decision that led to a loss

Vs wisc: slowing down & deliberately playing for overtime when we’re gaining big chunks on the ground and have all 3 timeouts at our disposal

Vs iowa: blowing all 3 2nd half timeouts because we either can’t get a play in on time, called a 60yd fake FG or challenged for an extra half yard after committing a 5yd penalty and then throwing over the middle on our own end of the field with 30 seconds left and no timeouts in a tie game

Coaching decisions that led directly to a loss

If you disagree, that’s fine. Please be specific. All the above literally happened. 4 games = 33% of the season.

I enjoy the discourse and encourage others to share their specific thoughts if they see things differently
I don't know how people are even arguing this. Coaching decisions have probably cost us 4 games this year. Rhule and the coaching staff need to do better. They've used up a lot of goodwill already.

I don't know how people are even arguing this. Coaching decisions have probably cost us 4 games this year. Rhule and the coaching staff need to do better. They've used up a lot of goodwill already.
Nobody is arguing any of the points I posted

They’re just attacking me personally for posting them

Typical

You think every coaching staff in the country puts their team behind the 8 ball in a quarter or more of their games with their decisions?

I don’t.
That's not what you said. Your arrogance prevents you from just admitting you said something stupid and moving on. Instead you double down and when caught, move the goal posts.

If that’s the case, I’m sure there will be dozens who come to your defense and agree that the coaching staff put our team in the absolute best position to win every week, every quarter, every play last year.

Reactions: Husker Todd
Vs Minn: guaranteed starting job for Sims in offseason, continuously handing the ball to Grant after calling him out between April-August for lack of ball security

Those are coaching decisions & led directly to our team losing

Vs maryland: same pass concept that went for a pick in the endzone vs Minn called for a kid who the staff admitted wasn’t even running our plays in practice

Vs wisc: slowing down & deliberately playing for overtime when we’re gaining big chunks on the ground and have all 3 timeouts at our disposal

Vs iowa: blowing all 3 2nd half timeouts because we either can’t get a play in on time, called a 60yd fake FG or challenged for an extra half yard after committing a 5yd penalty and then throwing over the middle on our own end of the field with 30 seconds left and no timeouts in a tie game

Coaching decisions that led directly to a loss

If you disagree, that’s fine. Please be specific. All the above literally happened. 4 games = 33% of the season.

I enjoy the discourse and encourage others to share their specific thoughts if they see things differently
No argument from me on these. That's the way I critiqued those too

Reactions: king_kong_
Kong IRL be like:

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Nobody is arguing any of the points I posted

They’re just attacking me personally for posting them

Typical

I have refuted the many points that have no validity over and over, you just cant admit it.

Calling a timeout before punting and pinning Iowa at the one, was not the coach costing us the game against Iowa.

Handing the ball to the RB while icing the Minnesota game away, was not the coach costing us the game.

Saying it was a bad idea to throw in the end zone at the end of one game and a good idea in another is as hind sight as it gets.

So to me, you could philosophically decide if you believe in being aggressive and throwing in the end zone and going for the win at the end of the game or not, and say the decision to do the opposite cost us one game (Wisconsin or Maryland), but even then you are just assuming it still turns out the way you want. That Chubba throws a TD and doesn’t turn it over against Wisconsin. And that we make a FG and stop Maryland (which we didn’t do after the INT).

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I have refuted the many points that have no validity over and over, you just cant admit it.

Calling a timeout before punting and pinning Iowa at the one, was not the coach costing us the game against Iowa.

Handing the ball to the RB while icing the Minnesota game away, was not the coach costing us the game.

Saying it was a bad idea to throw in the end zone at the end of one game and a good idea in another is as hand sight as it gets.

So to me, you could philosophically decide if you believe in being aggressive and throwing in the end zone and going for the win at the end of the game or not, and say the decision to do the opposite cost us one game (Wisconsin or Maryland), but even then you are just assuming it still turns out the way you want. That Chubba throws a TD and doesn’t turn it over against Wisconsin. And that we make a FG and stop Maryland, which we didn’t do after the INT.
Fight Boxing GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

so, we don't need better in-game management?

we don't need more consistent special teams play?

okay. if you say so.
We need better Talent. That’s what this thread is about. Our coaching staff was evidently as good as we were gonna get. Allegedly. We’re stuck with at least Rhule for a couple more years. Move onto talent. No one gives a shit about coaching at this point, the offseason.

Reactions: king_kong_

Saying it was a bad idea to throw in the end zone at the end of one game and a good idea in another is as hind sight as it gets.

So to me, you could philosophically decide if you believe in being aggressive and throwing in the end zone and going for the win at the end of the game or not, and say the decision to do the opposite cost us one game (Wisconsin or Maryland), but even then you are just assuming it still turns out the way you want. That Chubba throws a TD and doesn’t turn it over against Wisconsin. And that we make a FG and stop Maryland (which we didn’t do after the INT).
Blowing that timeout (and two others) uselessly instead of lining up to punt didn’t help our chances with 30 seconds left in the game when we were throwing the ball over the middle 50 yards from FG range

The coach giving the ball to the exact player he said wouldn’t play unless his ball security issues were under control 100% cost us the Minn game

We should’ve run the ball in both instances against Maryland and wisc instead of overtly going away from what was working (running the ball with tempo)

I am making no assumptions here. These were bad coaching decisions that put our team behind the 8 ball in all 4 games.

Like Rhule says process matter more than outcome and the process in these games was crap. I am not saying we win any of them if the staff does what they should have, but we undoubtedly would’ve been in a better position to do so.

Blowing that timeout (and two others) uselessly instead of lining up to punt didn’t help our chances with 30 seconds left in the game when we were throwing the ball over the middle 50 yards from FG range

The coach giving the ball to the exact player he said wouldn’t play unless his ball security issues were under control 100% cost us the Minn game

We should’ve run the ball in both instances against Maryland and wisc instead of overtly going away from what was working (running the ball with tempo)

I am making no assumptions here. These were bad coaching decisions that put our team behind the 8 ball in all 4 games.

Like Rhule says process matter more than outcome and the process in these games was crap. I am not saying we win any of them if the staff does what they should have, but we undoubtedly would’ve been in a better position to do so.

Try to talk football one more time, against my better judgement, and get a typical clown response. I could continue on this path, like mentioning that we had the ball at midfield maybe 15 yards from FG range when Purdy threw his INT at the end of the Iowa game, but you obviously have no interest in actually thinking rationally or objectively.

I’m done, have fun yelling at clouds.

Try to talk football one more time, against my better judgement, and get a typical clown response. I could continue on this path, like mentioning that we had the ball at midfield maybe 15 yards from FG range when Purdy threw his INT at the end of the Iowa game, but you obviously have no interest in actually thinking rationally or objectively.

I’m done, have fun yelling at clouds.
enjoy the day, sunshine

If you think alvano was kicking a 45+ yard fg into the wind v Iowa, you clearly know your football!

I thought this thread was about McCord possibly coming to Nebraska?
It is

Now 6 pages of entertainment coming out of a yes/no question

I’m glad we’re being aggressive in pursuing (and publicizing) our quest to land at least one QB this off-season

Imagine how purdy/HH will feel next fall camp if we dont get one

lol yikes!

It is

Now 6 pages of entertainment coming out of a yes/no question

I’m glad we’re being aggressive in pursuing (and publicizing) our quest to land at least one QB this off-season

Imagine how purdy/HH will feel next fall camp if we dont get one

lol yikes!
I might just skip next season if we don't get a new QB 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT