ADVERTISEMENT

SSO Spring position previews

I dont see his time here ending well.
Coleman? Why? He's a true sophomore from Lincoln East who didn't produce a ton, but he produced last year. I don't know if I've ever seen a NU receiver consistently get mugged so blatantly. Some teams clearly struggled with his size/speed combo.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I thought Donnia was only kept so we got Dylan?
That’s what some dimwits would have you believe. Rhule is smart enough to make a fair and unbiased evaluation of talent IMO. I’m sure he didn’t see Raiola as a finished product, but as someone who had the right intangibles and could be polished.

Coleman? Why? He's a true sophomore from Lincoln East who didn't produce a ton, but he produced last year. I don't know if I've ever seen a NU receiver consistently get mugged so blatantly. Some teams clearly struggled with his size/speed combo.
Theres a patterned history, even in high school, of not actually playing football.

I hope the kid is great, but high-jumping 6’6 when you are 6’5 isn’t putting anyone in the “genetic freak” category yet.
True, but I’m 5’8”, and I ain’t even high jumping 5 feet… there is some skill and coordination involved that I, and maybe many others, don’t possess.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I hope the kid is great, but high-jumping 6’6 when you are 6’5 isn’t putting anyone in the “genetic freak” category yet.
I tend to agree. There are Nebraska kids from Boone Central, Hastings, Norris, Hastings St Cecilia and David City Aquinas who have jumped 6'8"

Reactions: Lars72
So I tried to look up the 2024 State track and field results but apparently it's the hardest thing in history to Google. If someone can post them it would be much appreciated.

I did find state records. That jump would put him just shy of a Class D state record and just shy of Class C 2nd place. Really puts Carter Nelson in perspective though, with his jump of 7'.

Either way Rhule is recruiting exactly how he said he would. Athletes, and athletes who compete in track in and field. Amazingly all these track athletes are good sized. I have a feeling we are going to start to become a more attractive place for NFL scouts very soon.

So I tried to look up the 2024 State track and field results but apparently it's the hardest thing in history to Google. If someone can post them it would be much appreciated.

I did find state records. That jump would put him just shy of a Class D state record and just shy of Class C 2nd place. Really puts Carter Nelson in perspective though, with his jump of 7'.

Either way Rhule is recruiting exactly how he said he would. Athletes, and athletes who compete in track in and field. Amazingly all these track athletes are good sized. I have a feeling we are going to start to become a more attractive place for NFL scouts very soon.
Google NSAA

Hope all these recruits play well for the Huskers. I was back in Mecca last weekend to see old friends. Drove up to Lincoln for the day to see and ride bikes with my best friend. Great weather and great time. Back in the old town I was mildly surprised to everyone's expectations for the football team this year. I thought they would be much more optimistic, but I would say most people I talked to were just cautiously optimistic at best to the Huskers chances of having success. I thought they were somewhat restrained. Too many years of poor play are affecting even die-hard Husker fans. Matt needs to get this team winning games. I will be back September 7.

I am only concerned if he catches the ball and comes down inbounds.
Rimshot Drum Joke GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT