ADVERTISEMENT

The Masters

He choked on 18. He hit that same shot and hit the same tree earier this tournament. Not sure how anyone can say he didn’t choke. Kid is great when there’s no pressure. But, just lik Rory, can’t finish when things get tight
Look I'm not a Tiger hater - I will be the first one to say that Tiger dominated the sport like no golfer I've ever seen or am likely to see in my lifetime. But I don't have my tongue so tightly wound around Tiger's nut sack that I'm going to call Jordan Spieth a choker when he's barely out of college and is 3/4 of the way to a career Grand Slam.

Reactions: scarletred
Well if shooting the best final round in Masters history is choking they better reevaluate what choking is.

Straw man argument. His round score has nothing to do with dropping a 5 on 18 with the green jacket on the line.

Straw man argument. His round score has nothing to do with dropping a 5 on 18 with the green jacket on the line.

Reed won it yesterday by his play in the rain, Spieth didn't lose it today....

Not going to argue with someone that hasn't been in this position before.

WTF? All errors in golf are "unforced" - unless I'm missing something and the other golfers are playing defense.

Or unless someone makes a really ridiculous comment and is trying to find a feeble way to rationalize it.

Agree to disagree. Putting your drive into a tree that you already hit this tournament on 18 with the masters on the line is more than the typical bad shot. He put up a great score but he also had no pressure on him until the last few holes, which he has struggled with in the past. He has a history of choking

Agree to disagree. Putting your drive into a tree that you already hit this tournament on 18 with the masters on the line is more than the typical bad shot. He put up a great score but he also had no pressure on him until the last few holes, which he has struggled with in the past. He has a history of choking

Ya choking 9 stokes back to start the day..

Choking>>RollingLaugh

Reactions: schuele
No, Spieth really doesn't have a history of choking. If he had a history of choking, he wouldn't have won three separate majors by age 24 and be one of the favorites to win pretty much every major he enters. Is it possible that he just happens to be the guy that some people compare to your hero, and you are way overcompensating?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
No, Spieth really doesn't have a history of choking. If he had a history of choking, he wouldn't have won three separate majors by age 24 and be one of the favorites to win pretty much every major he enters. Is it possible that he just happens to be the guy that some people compare to your hero, and you are way overcompensating?

That's a "history" of choking?

I'll grant you, though, it has been almost a year since Spieth won a major. Not sure how he recovers from a drought like that.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
So hitting the tree on 18 wasn’t an unforced error?

So I think it was a bad shot as well, but unless you have stood on that tee box, you have no idea how difficult that shot is. Literally when you stand there all you can see is trees and a giant bunker uphill 290 yards away. My surprise is that shots like that do not happen more often especially under pressure.

So I think it was a bad shot as well, but unless you have stood on that tee box, you have no idea how difficult that shot is. Literally when you stand there all you can see is trees and a giant bunker uphill 290 yards away. My surprise is that shots like that do not happen more often especially under pressure.

I have stood on that tee box as well and it is a very tight shoot with very little room for error. Jordan did not choke, he just hit a poor shot that got knocked down by a tree. If you want to talk about choking I think you should be talking about Rory. He was 2 shots back to start the day and hit a lot of bad shots today. That's who choked.

WTF? All errors in golf are "unforced" - unless I'm missing something and the other golfers are playing defense.

Or unless someone makes a really ridiculous comment and is trying to find a feeble way to rationalize it.
lol, I see unforced errors in my league when a guy has the match won and starts tossing balls out of bounds.

I have stood on that tee box as well and it is a very tight shoot with very little room for error. Jordan did not choke, he just hit a poor shot that got knocked down by a tree. If you want to talk about choking I think you should be talking about Rory. He was 2 shots back to start the day and hit a lot of bad shots today. That's who choked.
But, but.... Spieth has a history of choking! Somehow he and Jack Nicklaus are the only two people to win three legs of the career Grand Slam before turning 24. And somehow Spieth has the second-most major championships this decade (3, vs. 4 for McIlroy) despite not even turning pro until 2013. All this, despite that sorry history as a choker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT